1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some say tuh-may-toe, some say tah-mah-toe. And for the record, it's the former, what the f---'s the matter with you people? :lol

8436434216_a186b9b04d_z.jpg
review_gstt8002_large.jpg
7g57.jpg
IMG_0013.jpg
ucrazy.jpg
t-800.jpg

Another rooster in the henhouse
:lol :lol :lol

..hmm.

The good thing about this set - for me anyway, is that I'll have four T1 Arnold heads to mix & match with, as well as all the accessories to get creative with. It really is a good set, it's just the box head that's disappointing for me - the shape & hair are just NOT right at all. :lol

Also, the point about it being too little too late is a good one - they really should've blown us away with this one; a leap forward in likeness, more options with the clothing being more accurately executed, the removable hair piece being far more seamless, etc..

Bittersweet to say the least. :huh

Also, I don't know about everyone else, but I wasn't blown away by the in hand pics for the DX 13. OMG pics, Jingo pics, etc. were good, but I remember thinking the blood was too much, the head was too big, and it was too tall. It looked great and I knew it was a must have but . . .

. . . it wasn't until I received it in hand and got to see it with my own eyes that I was truly wowed. It ended up turning out great and 10x better than any of the pics, no matter how good.

Also, I don't know about everyone else, but I wasn't blown away by the in hand pics for the DX 13. OMG pics, Jingo pics, etc. were good, but I remember thinking the blood was too much, the head was too big, and it was too tall. It looked great and I knew it was a must have but . . .

. . . it wasn't until I received it in hand and got to see it with my own eyes that I was truly wowed. It ended up turning out great and 10x better than any of the pics, no matter how good.

Everything is better in-hand and surely this will be too, but as for the DX13 I got to say I was over the moon when Pic's first hit, I remember it well to as I was on Skype with Deathasylum at the time and we were both raving about how freaking awesome it looked:lol Now when the DX10 hit I was happy to see it was revised but a little freaked out at how weird it looked on the first round Photos.

All in all us true terminator fans will get this hands down, sure we all complain about the short comings of this release but we also know there's still a lot of good in this set too and in the end there's no better options for a high-end Sixth Scale police shoot-out/tanker T-800. Despite my hold-ups on this figure, I'm still very much looking forward to it...

:lol :lol :lol

..hmm.

The good thing about this set - for me anyway, is that I'll have four T1 Arnold heads to mix & match with, as well as all the accessories to get creative with. It really is a good set, it's just the box head that's disappointing for me - the shape & hair are just NOT right at all. :lol

Also, the point about it being too little too late is a good one - they really should've blown us away with this one; a leap forward in likeness, more options with the clothing being more accurately executed, the removable hair piece being far more seamless, etc..

Bittersweet to say the least. :huh

Agreed with all.

Well I rather liked the Plastic Enemies pics of DX13, there was one shot in particular that blew me away where I allowed myself to think that they had finally nailed it. Of course once I got it and the newness wore off I realised I wasn't able to continue excusing the bad points on account of the good ones. I can't help myself really, as good as something can be I tend to get stuck on the bad and wonder what could have been ''if only they would have...'' (usually this sentence ends with ''...looked at screengrabs'')....etc etc.

If anyone cares for a summary of my annoyances with DX13:

- hair still sucks - too short on front, wrong shape on the back, too neat overall once again giving it an afro look.
- hairline is wrong (at least such as it is on the undamaged side of the head)
- face may be too wide
- forehead is too sloped in profile view
- BD chest is inaccurate, too much artistic license taken
- as is the knee, tear in pants far too big
- excessive blood on all damaged parts, makes endoskeleton look bronze rather than chrome

Mind you I still enjoy the figure believe it or not

Last edited:
I really hope not...I'd much rather have had this as a DX as opposed to the Mime Joker...Nice figure, and from a memorable scene in the movie...But not something that needed the DX treatment, IMO...Whereas with the T800 being a DX, we might have seen the "clean" shirt, bandage on the damaged arm, heck even a backdrop of some sort for the police station scene...Essentially, HT might have put alot more effort into this had it been a DX...
I think this figure should have come with a little more since it seems to be more expensive than the DX10. Considering that we already have two T-800 DXs, I guess that could be why we didn't get another DX from the first film, though it still could have been justified.

Regardless, a backdrop would have been great and maybe a non-BD head and clean shirt. I do see what people are saying about the likeness, like the forehead. The DX13 also amazes me too in numerous ways, but with the higher price tag and since I generally want a 'clean' Terminator in my display, I'll probably buy the DX10 at some point.

Agreed with all.

Well I rather liked the Plastic Enemies pics of DX13, there was one shot in particular that blew me away where I allowed myself to think that they had finally nailed it. Of course once I got it and the newness wore off I realised I wasn't able to continue excusing the bad points on account of the good ones. I can't help myself really, as good as something can be I tend to get stuck on the bad and wonder what could have been ''if only they would have...'' (usually this sentence ends with ''...looked at screengrabs'')....etc etc.

If anyone cares for a summary of my annoyances with DX13:

- hair still sucks - too short on front, wrong shape on the back, too neat overall once again giving it an afro look.
- hairline is wrong (at least such as it is on the undamaged side of the head)
- face may be too wide
- forehead is too sloped in profile view
- BD chest is inaccurate, too much artistic license taken
- as is the knee, tear in pants far too big
- excessive blood on all damaged parts, makes endoskeleton look bronze rather than chrome

Mind you I still enjoy the figure believe it or not

dx13wouldntbuy.jpg

I wish I had a DX13. :lol

Interesting -- all this whining about a figure no one has seen in hand (and almost everyone here, yes, including me, would have paid $350 for before it was announced. :lol ) except OMG who spent many hours with it (and who's opinion I trust) who said:

This turn out unexpectedly good! :panic::panic::panic:

Light up eye had a timer now, about .... 15 sec :panic::panic::panic:

The zipper on the jacket, is a nightmare :panic::panic::panic:

So I'll reserve final judgment until Judgment Day. :wink1:

Last edited:

I think the body looks way better on the the custom here. The jacket is a little small for it. When I did mine, I had the Saturday Toys version which was ever so slightly larger. I was also able to use the Gargoyles from the original figure and trim them done to a more proper size. I added the endo eye and repainted the face. Just wish the overall all look would have been more like the custom.003.JPG

I like them both, I think the customizer's did a great job which isn't reflected in the grainy/bad photo's posted a few pages back. I have seen some really good photo's that did them justice though.

Back