1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm puzzling over why this wasn't a DX. It's certainly iconic enough.

There's a strong case for why we would have been better off had this been DX15.

Consider if you will sirs:

1) Even without PERS and it's sometimes negative impact on likenesses, we have here an MMS with a somewhat.....iffy..likeness. The eyes don't exactly scream Arnold. The DX13's eyes do. Even the DX10 brought it when you turned the eyes left or right, suddenly it looked more like Arnie. PERS in fact could have helped this likeness.....well, I've been saying PERS, in this particular case it'd be 'ERS' like the full BD head on DX13.

2) Hate PERS access panels on backs of heads? Well you've got one here anyway for the endo-eyes.

3) Pretty much has a DX stand

4) Quite possibly, though not necessarily, would have given us extra clothes - clean vest and jacket. And also the bandaged arm & hand if HT thought of it.

Other than price I can think of no downside had it been a DX.

1) Even without PERS and it's sometimes negative impact on likenesses, we have here an MMS with a somewhat.....iffy..likeness. The eyes don't exactly scream Arnold. The DX13's eyes do. Even the DX10 brought it when you turned the eyes left or right, suddenly it looked more like Arnie. PERS in fact could have helped this likeness.....well, I've been saying PERS, in this particular case it'd be 'ERS' like the full BD head on DX13.

2) Hate PERS access panels on backs of heads? Well you've got one here anyway for the endo-eyes.

4) Quite possibly, though not necessarily, would have given us extra clothes - clean vest and jacket. And also the bandaged arm & hand if HT thought of it.

Agree :duff

I agree with you. I don't usually care for PERS, but here we're missing an eye on each sculpt to start out with, so it's not going to detract as much as it would for other sculpts. And to get that "clean" jacket and vest would have been so sweet. But oh, well. I'm still just happy this happened at all. I wasn't so sure it was going to.

Because it's not Batman :lol Maybe it has something to do with the film and the fact that it's an 80's cult film, unlike T2, which is more "mainstream" and more popular.

Because it's not Batman :lol Maybe it has something to do with the film and the fact that it's an 80's cult film, unlike T2, which is more "mainstream" and more popular.

If that's the attitude they took then for once I am pissed off about it and would be on the side of the T1ers. The first film deserved as much respect from Hot Toys.

If that's the attitude they took then for once I am pissed off about it and would be on the side of the T1ers. The first film deserved as much respect from Hot Toys.

I wouldn't be surprise if that's the reason. For example, the only reason HT doesn't make Star Trek figures is because Howard Chan is not a fan of Star Trek, so they could be the first company to make quality 1/6 ST figures for the first time, but nope, he said he doesn't like ST, so they won't make them. I could see them looking at the 84 film as an 80's small film with a fan base. There are TWO DX T 800s and they are both from T2. Then again, their first 1/4 figure was from Terminator 84, so who knows?

Well I think it's true that T2 has a larger and broader fanbase than T1. It's an easier film to get into and enjoy IMO. So, it makes sense to me that HT would focus more on it.

I wouldn't put it past HT to do a "clean" T1 police station massacre version.

Anything could happen but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one, next has to be the endoskeleton and if were lucky Reese, if this BD T-800 sells well enough to show hot toys its worth it.

I wouldn't put it past HT to do a "clean" T1 police station massacre version.

What can they call it? Pre shot in the chest police station T-800 ? :lol I guess they could call it, the "I'll be back" version as a toy fair EX, but I don't see the point because the only difference is a clean shirt and jacket. I just hope some company makes a clean shirt with the same pattern.

Then again, their first 1/4 figure was from Terminator 84, so who knows?

They used the name of the first film for that figure but that's about it. And they probably only used it because Enterbay had exclusivity on the T2 license. The figure itself is also pretty generic, all evidence points to them not even looking at T1 reference for it. There were a few differences between the endo in T1 and the endo in T2 and as far as I know that figure has nothing that demarcates it as the T1 endo. So yeah, name only.

they can repaint one predator repeatedly and sell it like 10 different creatures, but they cannot repaint one t-shirt :D

They could give us an accessory pack with the clean shirt and jacket and reused parts for 130 bucks like they did for ironman:lol maybe throw in a black and white tile base to create the I'll be back scene:lecture

Last edited:
Back