1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

:lol

BTW since your about to get yours tomorrow, please tell me you got your camera situation settled, I need some comparisons shots to go with your review of this guy. I'm hoping mine shows up by end of week, I'm planning to have a lot of terminator figures out for my video review.

I'm puzzling over why this wasn't a DX. It's certainly iconic enough.

There's a strong case for why we would have been better off had this been DX15.

Consider if you will sirs:

1) Even without PERS and it's sometimes negative impact on likenesses, we have here an MMS with a somewhat.....iffy..likeness. The eyes don't exactly scream Arnold. The DX13's eyes do. Even the DX10 brought it when you turned the eyes left or right, suddenly it looked more like Arnie. PERS in fact could have helped this likeness.....well, I've been saying PERS, in this particular case it'd be 'ERS' like the full BD head on DX13.

2) Hate PERS access panels on backs of heads? Well you've got one here anyway for the endo-eyes.

3) Pretty much has a DX stand

4) Quite possibly, though not necessarily, would have given us extra clothes - clean vest and jacket. And also the bandaged arm & hand if HT thought of it.

Other than price I can think of no downside had it been a DX.

Doesn't matter I will have him wear the sunglasses anyway. Looks better and it's his iconic look.

Yes, it's like it was originally developed to be a DX, judging by the base, 2 heads, opening head, then for some reason they dropped the pers and made it a MMS.

Are there other MMS that come with a deluxe base like this?

:lol

BTW since your about to get yours tomorrow, please tell me you got your camera situation settled, I need some comparisons shots to go with your review of this guy. I'm hoping mine shows up by end of week, I'm planning to have a lot of terminator figures out for my video review.

Well I got my camera to register it's memory card again (blowing into the card port seemed to do the job) but there's still the problem of my camera being old and crap with a foggy scratched lens and me generally having very little patience for taking good pics. I'll probably put him in the Pescadero diorama as I usually do, might need new batteries for the elevator lights. In the past that has been a good photo stage but more recently the lights have seemed dimmer to me.

Do you have anything in particular you want to see/ find out about?

edit - if so I'll see your suggestions tomorrow. I'm off to bed. Then work. I'll probably open one in work, won't be able to stop myself. Could be a frustrating and long day.

Last edited:
I wouldn't put it past HT to do a "clean" T1 police station massacre version.

Highly doubtful as HT pretty much has T1 T 800 covered between TN, this and the Endo (and hopefully a new diecast Endo). I really don't see them doing any other characters, a Kyle or Sara, although a BD/FB Sara with machine press and endo upper torso and arm (metal press endo) intrigues me but remember,

the clean PS T 800 mowed down quite a few cops BEFORE his chest was blown so there's definitely a gap there. Just need someone to replicate the pattern of a clean shirt. I think they'll sell.

Last edited:
Well I got my camera to register it's memory card again (blowing into the card port seemed to do the job) but there's still the problem of my camera being old and crap with a foggy scratched lens and me generally having very little patience for taking good pics. I'll probably put him in the Pescadero diorama as I usually do, might need new batteries for the elevator lights. In the past that has been a good photo stage but more recently the lights have seemed dimmer to me.

Do you have anything in particular you want to see/ find out about?

I hear ya, its hard to spend money on a camera when there's so much cool stuff to buy:lecture

I would like to see the clean 238 head stacked up next to the BD 136 head, a side by side next to technoir, and then maybe a line-up of all four of the most resent, mms117, 136, dx10 and dx13.

I am also wondering what leather material they used, is it like the dx10 or dx13?

Likely stuff you would already do, I'm sure there's stuff I'm forgetting.

I've seen a few people ask if a normal MMS release has a special base and the answer is yes. Off the top of my head the Mark 6, Classic Pred and one of the old endos had special extra detailed bases. There might be more but those are 3 examples I can think of off the top of my head.

I've seen a few people ask if a normal MMS release has a special base and the answer is yes. Off the top of my head the Mark 6, Classic Pred and one of the old endos had special extra detailed bases. There might be more but those are 3 examples I can think of off the top of my head.
cool, thanks for the info!

Oops, double post!

I can't wait to pick this up, btw!

Thanks to all who are posting pics!

Yeah, Bane, Hulk, 78 Superman, Man of Steel Superman, Bank robber Joker 2.0, Godfather and Sarah Connor/T 1000 are a few others that came with a "special" base.

They had lights with this square design like the DX13?
Sorry, beyond terminator my hot toys knowledge is limited/non existent

Edit: I just google DX bases. So it seems hot toys made the mms 238 base to compliment the DX13. That was nice of them.

Was probably cheaper to reuse the DX13 and just change the inner section than to design a whole new base.

They had lights with this square design like the DX13?
Sorry, beyond terminator my hot toys knowledge is limited/non existent

Edit: I just google DX bases. So it seems hot toys made the mms 238 base to compliment the DX13. That was nice of them.

Was probably cheaper to reuse the DX13 and just change the inner section than to design a whole new base.

The ones I mentioned don't have lights but they are "special" in the sense that they aren't the basic black stand, like this one.

The other "special" bases don't necessarily come with lights, but they are unique to the character and have more details.

Cool, thanks!

on another note, what is the deal with the hot toys zipper pulls being 90° off? Had this been discussed here?
I will do a search.

A regular human sized zipper pull lays flat when hanging, hot toys pulls are turned 90 degrees.

Back