1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got Mr.Weepy today, hot damn it's awesome...

RppnoRn.jpg

kDUYTx3.jpg

3Fn9Ked.jpg

K1PW9VS.jpg

FlyV35e.jpg

Great pics, love the shades. :rock

I ALWAYS LOVE THIS SHOT!!!
Totally effed up terminator, so lifelike and I REALLY try to be objec...ah...**** it: I just love Stan Winston.
This guy made it all possible.
A shame he died so soon.
Got the Winston Effect, love the shots, love his work.
He made me believe in killing machines.
:rock

If people are persuaded by Clipper's review and these in-hand shots you will love it in person.

I have my nits to pick but for the time being (this post anyway ;) ) I will say 'buy it'. Casual fans and the slightly less obsessed should all really enjoy this figure. Heck I will too. Can't wait to get home with it. 2 more hours.

Of all the complaints we've made, probably the one that stands out the most amidst the ''OMG new figure so ****ing cool!!'' excitement is the body size. And that's maybe the complaint that even the more casual fan might have. He does look too small for T1. This is clearly a T2 body and HT unfortunately did not distinguish it, instead going with the cheap option of reusing what they already had, and also as a result of which the neck is too thin (frontally) for these larger heads. I don't think we're gonna be able to fix this skinny neck issue either (even if we had a more suitable body) - the current neck going into the headsculpt looks tight as it is - it's almost like they've finally realised that big gaps between the neck and head are a bad thing after the DX10 and DX13, so they fixed that, but, by doing so prevented us from correcting a different **** up. Or so it seems right now. More reaction and analysis after the break......errr, later.

Gets better the more you look at him. clippers review shows it off really well. The pose he did with the spas and ar18 out in different directions was pretty epic.

Need to get this very soon.

If people are persuaded by Clipper's review and these in-hand shots you will love it in person.

I have my nits to pick but for the time being (this post anyway ;) ) I will say 'buy it'. Casual fans and the slightly less obsessed should all really enjoy this figure. Heck I will too. Can't wait to get home with it. 2 more hours.

Of all the complaints we've made, probably the one that stands out the most amidst the ''OMG new figure so ****ing cool!!'' excitement is the body size. And that's maybe the complaint that even the more casual fan might have. He does look too small for T1. This is clearly a T2 body and HT unfortunately did not distinguish it, instead going with the cheap option of reusing what they already had, and also as a result of which the neck is too thin (frontally) for these larger heads. I don't think we're gonna be able to fix this skinny neck issue either (even if we had a more suitable body) - the current neck going into the headsculpt looks tight as it is - it's almost like they've finally realised that big gaps between the neck and head are a bad thing after the DX10 and DX13, so they fixed that, but, by doing so prevented us from correcting a different **** up. Or so it seems right now. More reaction and analysis after the break......errr, later.

Personally, I don't feel the figure looks too small. If you remember, he looked a lot bigger when he was wearing the technoir jacket. That jacket was really big and baggy, but once he puts on the leather one, he looked smaller. Now, I guess if you put 1984 leather jacket Arnold next to T2 Arnold, there might be a noticeable difference, but maybe not. Here's the closest thing to having them next to each other. Is there a significant difference? Maybe a little bit.

Man the gargoyles are a work of art. I have my full size t1 in front of me and they are bang on in look and scale.

I may have missed it... but has anyone posted a clear side-by-side of the regular and damaged heads? I'm curious if they are a similar skin tone, or if the BD has a slightly rotted look.

What about the Kastik Plastic (KP) bodies?...they make some pretty bulky stuff...Or would the neck be a problem...

Back