1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I basically get my figure the next day when I order from Sideshow too. Unfortunately, FedEx plays a few rounds of football with it and runs it over with the truck a couple times before it gets to me. I think it's their policy.

I basically get my figure the next day when I order from Sideshow too. Unfortunately, FedEx plays a few rounds of football with it and runs it over with the truck a couple times before it gets to me. I think it's their policy.

How do you get it next day from CA to Ontario? By basically do you mean "two-three days"?

I live 20 miles from Sideshow HQ. When I get the Quantum notice at night, next day figure's at my door. Of course, sometimes they make me wait a week before shipping so I can watch people like you get theirs in hand first. Its torture.

How do you get it next day from CA to Ontario? By basically do you mean "two-three days"?

I live 20 miles from Sideshow HQ. When I get the Quantum notice at night, next day figure's at my door. Of course, sometimes they make me wait a week before shipping so I can watch people like you get theirs in hand first. Its torture.

It's surprisingly fast. If I get a shipping notice Wednesday evening, it is in my hands by noon on Friday.

Huh. I live in the U.S., but usually get SSC figures about 5-6 days after they ship. Through UPS, which is the worst in terms of speed of delivery in my experience.

If you order through SSC, use the monthly coupon code to get $20 off.

--edit: I see you did!--

If you order through SSC, use the monthly coupon code to get $20 off.

--edit: I see you did!--

Yep. That was the deciding factor for me. AE is cheaper technically, but I get more out of the reward points remaining than the difference in cost. The $20 coupon is a real help to us in Ca with state tax.

Too bad you missed pre-ordering when they were giving away triple rewards points.

I know. Not sure that was offered in conjunction with the $20 off coupon. Unfortunately many times its cheaper for me to buy off ebay... or at least it was, prices have sorted of leveled and its becoming a better deal to go direct with Sideshow once again.

It was offered alongside the $20 coupon. Sideshow has definitely changed their strategy re: Hot Toys. Now, you get free or discounted shipping, coupon codes, and extra rewards points on their site (options that often work together), and at the same time they are restricting stock to U.S. distributors, and more firmly enforcing "gray market" dealers from Asia who attempt to sell products directly to customers in their territory. So, the incentives of buying with SSC keep increasing.

So, the incentives of buying with SSC keep increasing.

Which is a good thing. I hated to leave Sideshow, but higher prices meant CA tax started taking too big a chuck. That and the much cheaper deals you could find online. But yes, Sidshow has certainly found an optimum way to control their market. As long as their customer service remains as good as it is, and prices remain fairly level, I'll go with Sideshow direct every time.

See, that hurts places like Alterego, Cornerstore, Toy Anxiety, BBTS and the like who are already hurting from the behavior of the distributor.

Then once they fold and can't sell Hot Toys products any more, Sideshow will dominate the market and their special offers will cease.

Because of the taxes here, I don't get a better price ordering locally so I stick with Sideshow. I'm concerned about how much the import fees will be on the armory though. If I make a larger purchase like that again, I'll be sure to shop around for a Canadian, out of province dealer.

Yep. That was the deciding factor for me. AE is cheaper technically, but I get more out of the reward points remaining than the difference in cost. The $20 coupon is a real help to us in Ca with state tax.

I get the newsletter every week but I don't see a $20 coupon. That's where it'd show up yeah? Anyways, I canceled and reordered for triple points way back when but that $20 discount really would've helped with the ca tax.

Back