Hot Toys Tokyo Expo Guesses

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People get it in their heads that something will be announced for sure and when it isn't, they are disapointed. HT never said Terminators or Superman would be unveiled at this show. So its your own fault if you are disapointed. There is a TON of very cool things shown off. Its like SDCC amount of announcements! We usually only get 1 figure at at time with HT and there is what, at least a good 10 shown in one day?

To be honest I hoped I'd headed off a response like this by admitting that a whole lot of cool stuff had been shown or strongly hinted.

I know they didn't promise any one thing in particular, so I'm not putting 'blame' anywhere :dunno

Just saying, I can't help being a tad let-down if there isn't anything for us Terminator nuts at this show. However I'm not holding it against Hot Toys.

This is one that is kind of hard to explain without looking incredibly racist.

Im gonna agree that she has a really jewish look to her, but for the reason above im not going to explain why.

Lol, so you essentially let everyone know you're racist but would just rather keep it to yourself?

Last edited:
People get it in their heads that something will be announced for sure and when it isn't, they are disapointed. HT never said Terminators or Superman would be unveiled at this show. So its your own fault if you are disapointed. There is a TON of very cool things shown off. Its like SDCC amount of announcements! We usually only get 1 figure at at time with HT and there is what, at least a good 10 shown in one day?

This is all true no doubt but you can't blame someone for getting their hopes up. It's all part of the anticipation side of this hobby. I agree though, I can't believe all of the amazing showings thus far.

As much as i'm dying to see a new T-800 i'm just not feeling it this weekend.

I'm pretty sure it's due to the common stereotype that Jewish people have large or hooked noses and the Alice figure has kind of a hooked nose.

Here's a good article I found about it: https://www.somethingjewish.co.uk/articles/522_jews_and_their_noses.htm

I personally think that it's a very good likeness. It's a shame they covered it up.

She does?
Hadn't noticed.

Anyway, there's soooooo much cool stuff on display and being announced I'm still reeling with excitment!
Awesome show from HT.

She does?
Hadn't noticed.

Anyway, there's soooooo much cool stuff on display and being announced I'm still reeling with excitment!
Awesome show from HT.

Yeah, as you can see here. Slight hook at the end.

newrelease_016.jpg

I'm starting to think the T2 licence is done.

They redone the Sideshow stuff, and now it's gone very quiet

This what we have for Terminators:
T-700
T-700 Diorama
T-600 Regular
T-600 Special Edition
T-600 Mask
T-600 Mask especial edition
T-800 2
T-800 1 we can make 2 figures
T-1000 Sara C. we can make 2 figures
T-1000 we can make 3 figures
Marcus W. we can make 2 figures
Sara Connor
John Connor V1
John Connor V2

Total 19 FIGURES!!! is a lot!!:)

Why don't you just say the nose is wrong?

Because the others were saying that she had a "Jewish" look to her. I was trying to explain why they might come to that conclusion about her even though it is based off of an incorrect stereotype.

As far as the figure is concerned, I'm actually happy with how it looks and don't think there's anything wrong with it. Milla doesn't have a tiny nose. In fact, it has a slight hook to it like I said the figure also has.

39619.jpg

HT made the Indy announcement at about noon US Eastern time yesterday,I wonder if they'll make an announcement today?

perhaps they covered it because she has not approved it yet?

I suppose that's a possibility. It does seem strange that they'd show her and have her uncovered for the first day, but then cover her up the next. Perhaps it has something to do with the exhibit being open to the public now, but the pics are already online, so it doesn't really matter anymore.

Hooked nose or not, Jewish look or not, Milla is all win for me!
:D

And that Julius Caesar bust makes me wish HT would pick up a license with Romans in it!

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/_xtk3DFjGXM?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/_xtk3DFjGXM?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Back