Hot Toys Two-Face???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The teaser shows so little of his face, I'm sure they could wip something quick up just for the sake of a blurred teaser shot while the money portrait is finished up. Could also be they started him, got access to better reference and instead of screwing us, opted to just fix it now before even showing him off. I can't imagine they saw his look anytime before the U.S. theatrical release, seems fast to already have him ready for unveiling. Clothes could be done for the most part, it's just a grey suit, but the portrait sculpt and paint should take more than a few months. Maybe HT did receive reference shots before the movie was out, but seems unlikely with how uptight WB seems about security, that they'd risk images leaking.

The teaser shows so little of his face, I'm sure they could wip something quick up just for the sake of a blurred teaser shot while the money portrait is finished up. Could also be they started him, got access to better reference and instead of screwing us, opted to just fix it now before even showing him off. I can't imagine they saw his look anytime before the U.S. theatrical release, seems fast to already have him ready for unveiling. Clothes could be done for the most part, it's just a grey suit, but the portrait sculpt and paint should take more than a few months. Maybe HT did receive reference shots before the movie was out, but seems unlikely with how uptight WB seems about security, that they'd risk images leaking.

Mattel only got reference images 4 months before the theatrical release, so I imagine it is the same for Hot Toys. Mattel's Movie Masters Two-Face is supposed to come out sometime next year, like Hot Toys' figure.

There's a good chance they want to get this Two-Face right before they break out pics. Obviously they can't double-dip like they did with Joker. This is a complete 2-in-1. No "better sculpt coming" stuff...so I'm sure they want it dead-on and painted great. May b waiting to get the burned suit right too.

All that, plus giving the Mark 1 some room for excitement. I'm sure they're proud of that one.

It's just smart marketing. Forget the rest of the 1/6 world, Hot Toys' own lines alone could wipe TDK from people's minds if they don't put out teasers or something to show more coming, plus with a teaser, you get confirmation so people are in, but you make them want to see it, so they NEVER forget about it, it's very smart. HT is definitely very intelligent in the marketing department, they know how to move their products and support their lines.

I don't know, but thats kinda common sense if you ask me.. maybe I should be head of their marketing department.. I mean atleast I'll look the part. HAHAHHA

yullims7.jpg

Posted this comment on another thread but is that Two-Face next to the Jack Sparrow figure?
:chew

TBH I have no idea, but the namplate looks like it says Harvey Dent.
I can't read it properly, but you can tell because of how many letters there are.

Yup, tie looks to have the correct pattern and all.

I just read the interview that photo came from, I take back my comments about TF not being ready yet, if he's not I'd say it's the suit, the interview with Yulli has her saying it takes about 2-3 weeks to do a sculpt :google, she's had plenty of time even since TDK hit theaters.

Last edited:
I think they set the figures up as backdrops on purpose.
It adds to the addiction of hot toys , your like " man I can't wait to get that figure .... them ones in the background look pretty awesome too :lol ".
But yeah , that does look like an early Harvey Dent and probably the finished stand.
Since its two words and the correct tie its gotta be him. Looking forward to seeing high res images ! :rock

yullims7.jpg

Posted this comment on another thread but is that Two-Face next to the Jack Sparrow figure?

Is that the infamous Yuli? I still can't believe a key sculptor is a girl. I think its great mind you but not something I expected when I got into 1/6th collecting.

yullims7.jpg

See, to me, it just looks like HT V1 Clark Kent, (but poss with a proto Harvey sculpt on it). The suit looks too baggy, so I imagine it is just a placeholder to get the look whilst working on the Harvey head.

does nobody seem to notice how the picture on her computer has the Bank Robber Joker sculpt on the v1 body?

Back