Hot Toys working on an Iron Monger?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is insane!! Why on earth is Jake Sulley $300??
And it's thinking like this that allows Hot Toys to charge such high prices.

It's a high-end designer toy.

With lots of quality.

If you can't afford it, stick to the Hasblow peg-warmers . . .

HT is effectively "thinning the heard" on its customer base. Not all of us are going to be able to afford everything. There will be some disappointment ahead.

And quietly, this hobby is becoming a reflection of wealth and class status. There has always been an element of "look at what I got", but this latest deluge will push people out of the hobby. Imo.

Definitely a movable figure (different pose here) :yess:

IMG_9482.jpg

This picture seem to look like the aftermath of Iron Monger arriving at Stark Expo and taking out IronMan Mark IV and dismantling the Suit Up Gantry at the same time. Glorious setup hahahaha!!!

I really doubt it will be more than $500. By the way Void, your digital girls are insane.

Yeah, I would hope it wouldn't be more than $500. The only reason I said that is HT's prices have been high with the latest releases like Jake Sully at $314.99 and the Suit-Up Gantry with Iron Man Mark IV at $499.99. I'm sure if this was a Medicom release it would be over $600. :monkey3

Thanks for the compliment on my digital girlies. :wave

As the US dollar continues to tank, the price of petroleum continues to rise, and Guangdong province workers demand better wages, the prices on these high-end collectibles will soar.

Especially on a 1/6 scale beast like this!

Comments--of ANY kind--make absolutely no difference in price increases from any company.

And besides, why is anybody even discussing a price "increase" in the case of the Monger? The way I see it, Monger is worth whatever HT will charge for it because it is WELL DONE. And the fact that you will be able to open it up to reveal a fig inside is simply mind-boggling. Make no mistake, this is the HT grail right there.

HT is effectively "thinning the heard" on its customer base. Not all of us are going to be able to afford everything. There will be some disappointment ahead.

And quietly, this hobby is becoming a reflection of wealth and class status. There has always been an element of "look at what I got", but this latest deluge will push people out of the hobby. Imo.

Excellent post.

Repeat, EXCELLENT post.

The whaaaambulance is waitin' for ya, darren1228!

Climb aboard!

(I buy my HT figs at wholesale or flat retail, me boyo.)

The "wealth and class status" complaint goes for anything expensive.
Everyone loves Ferraris, but who can afford one?

Luxury items are named such for a reason. Logic: it's your friend.

Yea, we get it. You're rich.

Now stop being a complete _______ about it. No one cares what you have to say or is laughing at the "waaaaambulance" joke. I don't know why you would use it twice after you got nothing from it the last time.

Cost may be a zero issue for you, but it is for most of us here. So stop attacking someone for making a legitimate point about price increases.

Last edited:
Hey, I look at it this way: I'd like to get the Obadiah Stane but we've all got a threshold of what we're willing to pay and if it's more than that then you'll be disappointed but you won't die.

I really do hate this attitude and this is coming from a person that has almost everything. It never amazes me that people sound like they are 14 on here.

That being said, Iron Monger looks amazing and I'm betting on the $499.99 mark, lets hope I'm wrong.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but it would be really nice if HT would offer this with and without Stane at 2 different price points, similar to what they are doing with the Suit-Up Gantry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back