Hot Toys working on an Iron Monger?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but it would be really nice if HT would offer this with and without Stane at 2 different price points, similar to what they are doing with the Suit-Up Gantry.

That's a great idea.

and when it really comes down to it...we could just plan a take over, but seriously, I think Iron Monger looks great! But, it just feels to late, I mean, next year The Avengers is coming out, Iron Mongers from IM 1! Not to say its not a great movie, but they need to work on more current projects...like Hulk :)

and when it really comes down to it...we could just plan a take over, but seriously, I think Iron Monger looks great! But, it just feels to late, I mean, next year The Avengers is coming out, Iron Mongers from IM 1! Not to say its not a great movie, but they need to work on more current projects...like Hulk :)

So a Hot Toys DX Darth Vader would a waste of ressources?...

making monger doesnt take away from making the hulk. if anything it helps fund that and prove they can sell large scale figures. the inclusion of one figure does not mean the non existance of others. chill. hulks coming.

as far as price. you guys are throwing around 500.00. stop that. thats ridiculous. there is no reason this should cost that much. if anything the cost of 2 figures seems reasonable, especially because this will be more like 1 and a half.
id say 300.00 ballpark. not over 400.00

So a Hot Toys DX Darth Vader would a waste of ressources?...

yea pretty much :lol No, but that's more of a classic, and I'm talking more in The Marvel world, I personally think, while Iron Man is a HUGE license for HT they'd make more profit making a Hulk figure than an Iron Monger.

yea pretty much :lol No, but that's more of a classic, and I'm talking more in The Marvel world, I personally think, while Iron Man is a HUGE license for HT they'd make more profit making a Hulk figure than an Iron Monger.

You're probably right. But now that the Monger is done, why not, right?

I really do hate this attitude and this is coming from a person that has almost everything. It never amazes me that people sound like they are 14 on here.

That being said, Iron Monger looks amazing and I'm betting on the $499.99 mark, lets hope I'm wrong.

Some "look at what I got" is healthy and normal. Hell, there's a whole section on this site devoted to it called "show your shelves". But when you start saying "I can afford it and you cant" I think it demonstrates a genuine immaturity. Plus, it really is not cool to other people who love this stuff just as much as you.

making monger doesnt take away from making the hulk. if anything it helps fund that and prove they can sell large scale figures. the inclusion of one figure does not mean the non existance of others. chill. hulks coming.

as far as price. you guys are throwing around 500.00. stop that. thats ridiculous. there is no reason this should cost that much. if anything the cost of 2 figures seems reasonable, especially because this will be more like 1 and a half.
id say 300.00 ballpark. not over 400.00

^^^ I SAID, "I hope I'm wrong."

:lol you're right, I'm just gettin impatient from the wait, way back whenever they had that poll on Hot Toys I figured they'd be releasing a Hulk sooner rather than later, but they're doin it later I guess :lol oh well, I guess people waited for The Keaton Batman and The Reeves Superman

Holy hell has this SDCC delivered.....I am going to be on a diet of saltines and ramen for the rest of my life to afford this stuff.....but HOLY GOSH!! MUST HAVE

You're probably right. But now that the Monger is done, why not, right?

yea :lol I guess if its done then ship it out! I'm sure it will have a huge market, if people buy 5,000 variants of one Iron Man costume, why not just buy one Iron Monger? :lol

Some "look at what I got" is healthy and normal. Hell, there's a whole section on this site devoted to it called "show your shelves". But when you start saying "I can afford it and you cant" I think it demonstrates a genuine immaturity. Plus, it really is not cool to other people who love this stuff just as much as you.

I agree, yea I was more talking about your second explanation there, not the "Show Your Shelves" section (that's perfectly fine with me), but it's what has held me back from doing so to be honest because of what you explain in the immaturity level sort of attitude. I really don't care to show people of this nature anything :lol

I'm thinking if they don't have a Stane to show with this figure yet, this is probably more than a year away. So It gives us time to save our money and sell stuff to raise the cash. I've been selling pieces of my collection to pay for HT figures lately. So far though the only pieces that have been announced this week that I'm tempted by are this and the Luke.

HT is making a profit no matter what. It's business. IMO Monger is an awesome addition to the collection for the IM Gallery. With fans out there I'm sure he will be bought which is also why HT would make him and he looks great. I'm sure they have more up there sleeve coming up for the Avengers. Look how long it took to get a Scarecrow...finally :lol

Last edited:

As someone whose waiting for more figures from T2 and T1 and who also considered Reeve Superman and 89 Batman pretty important I consider the first Iron Man film still very much 'current'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back