HT 14" Predator full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish that the P1 had the same base as the P2.

Just buy one of the Dutch or Billy bases from eBay and change the name plate like I did for my Machiko.

Dadtou-diBase.jpg

Everyone who got their notice, is this just for the Exclusive one ?

The exclusives do seem to ship first, but the notice should be for all. I have the regular and Exclusive coming. I should get them both together.

htpredatorfacemask1.jpg

The lenses look cool, but they are wrong on this Pred. They are perfect for the P2, but the first Pred's lenses were mirror finish with black lines. So, WTF Hot Toys?

You really think so? To me, P2 Elder looks very toyish alongiside P1 Predator, most notably the headsculpt and finish and paint apps on the skin over the entire body.

oh boy, p2 elder was the best in terms of headsculpt just before the release of predator 1 and now it has dropped down to looking toyish... Did you ever see this one in person?????

Can anybody put up comparison pics of the naked bodies so I can see where the height issue really lies. I want to see what it would take to elongate the P1, maybe even taller than the Elder.

Here you can clearly see that the legs are pretty much the same, and the problem starts on the mid/groin section, and then the torso is much smaller, even though the arms seem to be the same, but the shoulders are much smaller too... the chest is less bulky as well as the head...
So in short, I think the mid section and torso are the main problems...

PredCompare.jpg

Last edited:
Which means trying to lengthen the arms/legs will only make him look weird since he'll still have a short torso.
Yeah, any attempts to make him look taller isn't going to end well.

oh boy, p2 elder was the best in terms of headsculpt just before the release of predator 1 and now it has dropped down to looking toyish... Did you ever see this one in person?????
I personally have never thought P2 elder looked that good; IMO even the prototype images on Hot Toys' site pale in comparison to the final production P1 Predator. But no, I have not seen one in person. But then I haven't seen a P1 Predator in person yet either, and he looks freakin' ace to me ;)

I've had my HT Predator for about a week now and I think HT could have done a better job on this one. It does look great don't get me wrong, but I just don't understand why they made him shorter than the other Preds.
That's the main con imo...the dreads as well. They looked much better on Wolf and P2 Elder.

scale has always been something HT struggles with, almost everything HT makes have some scale issue, too big, too wide, too fat, too thin, and in this case, too short. No big deal though, just means HT still have room to grow.

As much as I've tried not to put any of my Preds behind one another while on display, I'm thinking this guy will have to go on a riser and stand toward the back.

As much as I've tried not to put any of my Preds behind one another while on display, I'm thinking this guy will have to go on a riser and stand toward the back.

:lol you could pose him in front crouched a little.. then you wouldn't be able to tell his height. Just a suggestion. :eek:

Can someone who has them both post them in this pic taken from the Movie? This one is close but i would like to see the full pic of the BIO helmet, too. Seems to be not too far off from this pic.

FaceOffComparison.jpg

Can someone who has them both post them in this pic taken from the Movie? This one is close but i would like to see the full pic of the BIO helmet, too. Seems to be not too far off from this pic.

FaceOffComparison.jpg

always wonder how heavy the movie prop bio helmet weighted? that thing looks like it can break your neck if wear too long. :lol

Back