HT 14" Predator full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this Predator had been made by Medicom it would have been bashed endlessly because of its height (Medicom's Geiger Alien comes to mind). But because it is made by Hot Toys it is now ok because it still looks awesome and people who think otherwise are "nitpicking". :rolleyes:

...there a HUGE difference between Medicom missing INCHES of height, and Hot Toys losing a few millimeters. I have been very critical of Hot Toys in the past and am faaaaaaaar from a 'fanboy' of theirs, Hell, I think there is other stuff out there that SMOKES them in the 'looks awesome' department.

I never, ever said people can't nitpick, but the height argument has been taken in the alley, beaten, left for dead, beaten some more, shot in the face, buried, exhumed, beaten some more, and ^^^^ on. How many pages in this thread are about the height being wrong? All I am saying is, I think everyone gets it and should be able to possibly, move along and drop it.

If it bothers anyone THAT much, they just shouldn't own it and wait for this, 'inevitable' rerelease so many people are predicting.

That's by far the least flattering picture of the P1 Predator's face that's been taken. If you actually compare the two figures in equal lighting conditions, I think it's clear that it's elder predator who looks toyish.

IMO, not even the original elder prototype looks as good as the actual P1

Sorry for saying my opinion outloud... I'll try to withdraw myself from this kind of conversation from now on. This isn't a debate and I'm tired of trying to make my point.

I have been talking about the headsculpt the hole time. The rest of the figure is fine by me. I've seen every picture there is, but the Elder head still looks much better to me (my opinion here). And I was just saying I would have preferred a sculpt which was more towards the sideshow maquette. And thinking that HT could have pulled one off.

Comprende? :)

Could you guys please tell me what I should use to make my Predator's dreads right? They look like Borg's and it's bugging me:D

I doubt there will be a dx version of P1. There is really no need for it.

Your right, i would like this version of Dutch though for a second release:

Arnold-Schwarzenegger-in--002.jpg

I think the lack of a likeness portrait or even paint scheme on the head with Billy is resulting in a limit of folks getting him or posting images when they get it. Also, the poseability on his muscle body is more limited than Dutch.

yikes, guys, guys! what's with all the fighting?

we need more love in this forum man! :peace:peace:peace

alright, let's hug it out, beeyotches! :grouphug

.........(waits for someone to flame tylerdurden)

Everyone needs to listen to Arnold and stop the bickering.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/X-sJv1Eiuow&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/X-sJv1Eiuow&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sorry for saying my opinion outloud... I'll try to withdraw myself from this kind of conversation from now on. This isn't a debate and I'm tired of trying to make my point.

I have been talking about the headsculpt the hole time. The rest of the figure is fine by me. I've seen every picture there is, but the Elder head still looks much better to me (my opinion here). And I was just saying I would have preferred a sculpt which was more towards the sideshow maquette. And thinking that HT could have pulled one off.

Comprende? :)
I wasn't reprimanding you for sharing your opinion; I was just disagreeing with you. I felt the picture you used to demonstrate your point didn't do the P1 head justice (because it really is the worst looking pic I've seen of it) and didn't know if you'd seen other pics or not; either way, a picture of the two side by side is certainly a better way to gauge different points of superiority. And for the record, I too was only discussing the head. ;)

Regarding the Sideshow Maquette, there's definitely more personality in their facial expression (since it doesn't have to fit inside a helmet), but the Hot Toys P1 Predator head is actually infinitely more movie-accurate.

Whats up guys I just joined the forum and I've had P1 pre-ordered from sideshow since mid-January and OMG June is finally here! Personally I don't give one ^^^^ about him being a little short I just can't wait for that package to be delivered!

Back