HT 14" Predator full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pred is on a new body. I think specifically whats making him short is the the 'mid drift' section cause when you line the preds up they all match at the waist and the upper torso looks about the same size. Maybe we could swap out that section with another body?

so he istn worth the investment?I would like to add a predator to my collection but when i saw the cleaner up front the body was baaad.I looked in pics the past Pred figures like elder chopper etc and they have fantastic bodies but are expensive and difficult to find

Pred is a must have :joy when we get him in hand no one will care about height. Also he will probably go to $300 on ebay, now is your chance to get him. Even if you don't like him you can sell him a year from now for profit.

Yeah.. The HT P1 isn't short...
3578067542_764aea116d.jpg

Oops.. :rolleyes:
If you guys are that serious about scale accuracy, then he doesn't just need to be taller. He needs to be bigger in every way. I mean look at his tiny little waste compared to Dutch. Arnold looks like he could snap that Predator over his knee.

You guys just don't understand the whole thing.
It's a cutie-little-Predator!
How sweet Hot Toys :love

If you guys are that serious about scale accuracy, then he doesn't just need to be taller. He needs to be bigger in every way. I mean look at his tiny little waste compared to Dutch. Arnold looks like he could snap that Predator over his knee.

Yes and Dutch has also way more muscles than our Predator has.

Regrettably another good point. Stand alone piece it is.

That's by far the least flattering picture of the P1 Predator's face that's been taken. If you actually compare the two figures in equal lighting conditions, I think it's clear that it's elder predator who looks toyish.
20090527033659658.jpg.jpg

IMO, not even the original elder prototype looks as good as the actual P1 figure.

Yeah i agree the elder predator is cool but compared to the new predator his body does look toyish. Look at the arm seams for example. The new predator looks fantastic in person and some of those above pics of it are as the above poster mentioned unflattering.

Theres no point going into every little miniscule detail about it i think that it does represent the movie character very well and as good as can be for a mass produced figure of scale.

Sure even if you look at the elder pred its mandibles and jaw area is not an accurate representation of what is albeit briefly seen in the movie. The jaw area is too small and upper forehead is too big and squashed looking as in the above pic. I'd say its more to do with the lighting conditions, photographer that can make a figure look good.

The truth is that they are both great figures , both based on 2 differnt characters with unique detailing, but this new predator is definetly for me the best in terms of design.

elder.jpg

Last edited:
As nice looking as the HT Predators are, I think Wolf is probably the closest and of the heads have come to really nailing the look from the screen. They all look badass, but usually some proportion or shape is a bit off. Same with the curve or lack of to the ALIENS dome and things like that, for some reason they just don't nail these creatures as well as they can nail human portraits. With a lot of the humans, it can come down to very minute details that aren't dead accurrate, with the creatures, it can be something too long, not wide enough, fairly significant points, but fortunately, they don't take away from the badassery of the portraits, they just make them not dead accurrate.

As nice looking as the HT Predators are, I think Wolf is probably the closest and of the heads have come to really nailing the look from the screen. They all look badass, but usually some proportion or shape is a bit off. Same with the curve or lack of to the ALIENS dome and things like that, for some reason they just don't nail these creatures as well as they can nail human portraits. With a lot of the humans, it can come down to very minute details that aren't dead accurrate, with the creatures, it can be something too long, not wide enough, fairly significant points, but fortunately, they don't take away from the badassery of the portraits, they just make them not dead accurrate.

Yeah your probably right on the aliens/preds versus human figures. I'd say its because there is so much detail that need to be put into the pred's that there always is going to be just some detail off. It is probably impossible for the artists to create a 100 per cent screen accurate model of these creatures. The humans are probably much more accurate because of the fact thats its just easier to built them i.e all one colour for the face, hair less detail need for paint app giving them more time to focus on the body design, facial stucture. The designers at HT probably down to timelines, economics just don't have the time i'd assume to perfect the pred figures and i'd say even if they tried to there would be still featues off in people's eyes.

I mean even wolf predator although probably bar this predator the best designed is still off on some points. I think the best that can hoped for is a 85 - 90 per cent screen accurate model. Given the scale of the models and the amount that need to be produced thats acceptable to me. Most of ht efforts usually are within this range.

Interesting points, but what I'm referring to with the Aliens and Predators is raw sculpt, portrait only work.

The bodies, to be articulated figures, have to have some liberties taken, etc.

The portraits however, there's just something stylistic about it or something.

Hot Toys actually sculpted an ALIENS snap kit Alien perfectly, as close to 100% accurrate as a 4" figure could get, then they do a 1/6 scale and it completely misses the mark for some reason. Still a great looking figure, but not accurrate.

Same with the Predators, all the portraits look really nice, the inaccurracies don't make for a bad looking portrait, they just make it not accurrate to the film model, they're like interpretations of the design, but close enough, if that makes sense.

I think you and I both said the same thing a week ago :D

Well, I'd say we're probably the two most anxious for this thing right now, plus we're going through Toys2, I know a lot wanted both bios and went with Sideshow. I had him ordered both places, I was originally going to get 2, but that doesn't work anymore, and I really don't care too much about the clean bio, so with that, Toys2 likely getting it faster, and their cancellation fee I kepy my order there, plus I like to throw them business for all the help they've given me. I get enough SSC direct from them to give some HT business to Toys2 once in awhile.

With all the good service I have gotten from Toys2, I have pretty much thrown most of my orders their way. I think there are only 3 figures I own that I haven't gotten through them (Jack Sparrow I got in person at a local shop, BR Joker and OC Bats I got from BBTS). They might be a bit more expensive concerning the shipping, but they haven't let me down yet.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand, I am anxiously awaiting both Dutch and the Pred.

That's one deterrent with them for me, the shipping cost. They're always about $10 more than Sideshow, so when I can go through SSC and I'm not impatient, I usually opt to save the money. Like Dutch, I'd have already with Toys2, but I was willing to wait and SSC isn't too much later. P1 I want badly so I went Toys2.

Most of my HT orders are through Toys2 now, unless I can wait for it...like MaulFan said. I am usually so anxious to get my figs, the extra couple of weeks are worth the difference in shipping costs.

i don't even mind a week or two, if I could know that'd be it, but at times it's been months of a difference and for really anticipated stuff, I don't like to take the risk.

This P1 is one of my alltime most anticipated figures, been wanting one for like 3 years, so ASAP, but through someone I trust and can count on, is the way. I don't like preorders through eBay, especially when CS is a questionable aspect too. Toys2 always take cares of me.

Back