HT 14" Predator full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got it (not in hand just pre-ordered) for $145 shipped. Thats the best price I have seen yet and it should be in my hands in 3 weeks or so, not a bad wait for the savings.:D

The truth is that they are both great figures , both based on 2 differnt characters with unique detailing, but this new predator is definetly for me the best in terms of design.

elder.jpg

:confused:

You do realize the P2 Elder is P1, right? They used the same costume, same armor, same head/face from the first Predator to make the Elder seen in P2. They added different elements, yes. But it's the same costume.

Just got it (not in hand just pre-ordered) for $145 shipped. Thats the best price I have seen yet and it should be in my hands in 3 weeks or so, not a bad wait for the savings.:D

Wow that is an awesome price, do you mind sharing where you scored such a good deal?

:confused:

You do realize the P2 Elder is P1, right? They used the same costume, same armor, same head/face from the first Predator to make the Elder seen in P2. They added different elements, yes. But it's the same costume.

Most predators use the same setup costume i.e shoulder cannon, body armour around shoulders, wrist blade, Leg and knee armour, wrist detonation device, mandibles, 2 hands, 2 legs, 2 arms.... you get the point. The unique detailing i was refering to are the different elements your refering too i.e hair color, facial features, body build, decorative elements, height, tribal ornaments, rings, knives accessories etc. In that sense they are very different. Im not arguing they aren't based on the same creature. Im saying in terms of ht design changes since the elder the new figure is better imo.

Last edited:
Ok, got it a couple of hours ago from Studio Sunny, amazing piece (my third Predator), here are some pics:

With both feet on his base he doesn't really look any smaller than Wolf or P2, but looks WAY better proportioned, truly looks like a mini-predator.
Paint apps are most impressive (the whole paint job on the head looks astounding, as does the armor).
I think my only let down is the bio helmet, he looks like a bobblehead with it (I know Preds have big heads but it looks like a freakin' clown).
Armor doesnt get in the way of articulation, but the freakin' base does. Although it looks awesome it really restricts posing, as it only has designated places for the feet, and the figure-holder-thing (?) is not the one of previous predator, but the one of DK Joker and Batman (the crotch thing). And if you place one foot on the base and one outside of it (like he's walking) it's bound to fall over. I really wish they included the normal base.
The bone collars are amazingly detailed for how small they are.
Anyway I was really worried on the height debate but in hand you can hardly tell.
Super happy with my purchase :banana

Piece of advise! One of my elbow leather ties things came untied and found it on the box, beware!

Ok, got it a couple of hours ago from Studio Sunny, amazing piece (my third Predator), here are some pics:

With both feet on his base he doesn't really look any smaller than Wolf or P2, but looks WAY better proportioned, truly looks like a mini-predator.
Paint apps are most impressive (the whole paint job on the head looks astounding, as does the armor).
I think my only let down is the bio helmet, he looks like a bobblehead with it (I know Preds have big heads but it looks like a freakin' clown).
Armor doesnt get in the way of articulation, but the freakin' base does. Although it looks awesome it really restricts posing, as it only has designated places for the feet, and the figure-holder-thing (?) is not the one of previous predator, but the one of DK Joker and Batman (the crotch thing). And if you place one foot on the base and one outside of it (like he's walking) it's bound to fall over. I really wish they included the normal base.
Anyway I was really worried on the height debate but in hand you can hardly tell.

Piece of advise! One of my elbow leather ties things came untied and found it on the box, beware!

Nice! Thanks for sharing. He does seem a lot better proportioned.

That's where I think the scale issues come into play, be it body mass to Dutch or height.

Since it's been pretty much confimred that from the waist down is the Elder Predator pieces, and it looks the best proportioned of all the Predators, I'd say the issue with proportions to Dutch and all, stem from the legs of the Elder being wrong.

So, ultimately, HT did collectors justice by making the figure proportioned, but a slight injustice by recycling half the figure from a previous version rather than make it proportioned with all new pieces to make sure it is in scale with everything else.

Did you modify your Pred's dreads? Yours look a lot better than mine! Please let me know how you did it ;)

Did you modify your Pred's dreads? Yours look a lot better than mine! Please let me know how you did it ;)

Yes, I forgot to mention that, it was the first thing I did with it.
Took the head out and took the mandibles out; put a rubber band around it real tight; place the head inside a small cereal bowl; pour almost boiling water; leave it a couple of minutes; take it out and dry it with a cold hair dryer (yes cold, so the rubber stays that way).

The whole process won't take more than 5 minutes and will look ten times better :chew

Man the Skull/Spine that comes with the P1 looks WAYYYY better than the one that came with P2. My P2 Skull/Spine looks more Kool-Aid stained than Bloody. :(

Yes, I forgot to mention that, it was the first thing I did with it.
Took the head out and took the mandibles out; put a rubber band around it real tight; place the head inside a small cereal bowl; pour almost boiling water; leave it a couple of minutes; take it out and dry it with a cold hair dryer (yes cold, so the rubber stays that way).

The whole process won't take more than 5 minutes and will look ten times better :chew

Excellent. Thanks for the info. This will be the first thing I do to mine too. Hate the way most people's looks like he has been riding a motorcycle really fast.

Yours looks great.

Re: HT 14" Predator full spec and hi-res pics

On the topic of dreads, when you guys do it do yours slowly lose shape and revert to the old, poofy shape after they've been room temp for a while?
________
_Penelope_

Last edited:
Back