HT AvP:R 1/6 Wolf Predator Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CIMG1313.jpg

Badassness personified! My kit is coming soon and I too will have this arrangement!!! :rock

Thanks man, I can finally see why so many people display him with the helmet off, now I just need to find a cleaner's head with open mandibles.

Okay, here's a brief tutorial for anyone who wants to fix Wolfie's cannons. You'll need a few basic tools for the job, I added pics of the ones I used as examples.

With a sharp edged tool, carefully split apart the lower end of each cannon mount arm. You just have to open it enough so that you can pop the ball-ended part out of the socket. (There's a plastic pin molded inside one side of the socket, which goes through the ball). Be patient, and watch your fingers!

You'll end up with two ball-ended pieces with holes through them, still attached to the armour. (Pic 3.) Fill both of the holes with epoxy putty and set them aside. Cut the plastic pins out of the sockets of the cannon arms. Smooth the inside of the small cup-like space on the pin side of each piece.

Cut a small piece of foam or other "spongy" material and shape it to fit inside the other half of the socket. (I used small pieces of polyurethane foam to fill the insides of the sockets. You'll need to use something similar to create a small amount of tension against the ball, or the joint will be too loose.) Add a drop of super glue to the little foam pad and glue it in place, making sure it's centered in the shallow hole. (Pic 6.)

When the putty is hard, sand it smooth and test fit everything. Add more foam as needed, and when you're satisfied you have the correct amount of tension inside the joints, carefully glue the ends of cannon arm halves together again. Press the sides of the joint firmly together until the glue sets up. Touch up the paint as needed and you're good to go!

1. From top to bottom: X-acto knife, sprue cutters, small half-round woodcutting gouge, surgical scissors, and polyurethane foam pieces.
ModTools1.jpg

2. Close up of tools. Note the small bits of black plastic that need to be removed from inside the sockets at lower ends of each cannon arm.
ModTools2.jpg

3. Armour with mount base complete, cannon arm removed.
BallJointBase.jpg

4. Ball joint piece filled with Milliput epoxy putty.
BallJoint-Filled1.jpg

5. Ball joint on mount base filled with putty.
BJointBase-Filled.jpg

6. Left: Socket of cannon arm w/foam insert. Right: Completed ball joint assembled in arm.
NewBallJoint2.jpg

7. Modification completed. This mod allows for complete original articulation of cannon with added lateral rotation of the mount arms.
ModDemo5.jpg

8. Wolfie's cannons can now articulate like they were supposed to!!!
ModDemo1.jpg

ModDemo4.jpg

heres the mod , it works fantastic and looks 10 times better. Much more movie accurate. :cool:

For anyone looking for one of these bad bays PLAY.com in the UK have these in stock at £84.99

Mine got posted today 3-5 days delivery and saved £5!

Finally bit the bullet and got one...to hold me over until cleaner version arrives. Got it for $150 shipped. Damn arm popped out of socket during shipping, so had to fix that. Knee pad strap broke, so had to fix that, too. I'll do the cannon mod soon to finish him off. Wrists blades seem to come out less than the AVP predators...maybe my imagination...too lazy to check. Love the floppy dreads. Nice figure. Posability is much better than AVP guys, I guess mostly due to less netting. Some quick photos:

DSCF4452.jpg

DSCF4454.jpg

DSCF4456.jpg

Last edited:
I finally got around to doing the cannon mod. I've been despondent, since his leg broke off. Took months to ship it to and fro, but ABC looked after me.

Damn that cannon mod was harder than it should have been. First I couldn't prise the arms apart, on the one I was attempting. Cut myself twice, but persisted, and broke a scalpel blade on it and still couldn't budge it. So it tried on the other arm, and it came apart easily. The pin inside broke off, for no apparent reason, which actually helped. :lol.

So now I've nearly got him together. What an ordeal. :lol Woohoo.

I finally got around to doing the cannon mod. I've been despondent, since his leg broke off. Took months to ship it to and fro, but ABC looked after me.

Damn that cannon mod was harder than it should have been. First I couldn't prise the arms apart, on the one I was attempting. Cut myself twice, but persisted, and broke a scalpel blade on it and still couldn't budge it. So it tried on the other arm, and it came apart easily. The pin inside broke off, for no apparent reason, which actually helped. :lol.

I went through the same thing yesterday lol one arm came off fine but the other just did not want to leave the armour.:banghead

I told you to be careful with that knife! (Just kidding, Creech. Hope it wasn't too serious, tho.) Glad to hear you finally managed to get them apart. Must have been a lot of glue in the other side. I didn't have that much trouble with mine, but I figured there might be a few tough cases, which is why I recommended extra caution with the cutter. Hope it all goes easier from here on, and congrats for finally taking the plunge!

:lol Yeah, I read your warning, and took note of it. That didn't stop the laws of physics though. :lol. Now my medikit attachment tongue snapped off. I tell you, that Wolf is a dog. :lol

:lol Yeah, I read your warning, and took note of it. That didn't stop the laws of physics though. :lol. Now my medikit attachment tongue snapped off. I tell you, that Wolf is a dog. :lol

I don't like the way Hot Toys attaches the Medikit on the Wolf, it isn't exactly a firm grip and when you try to force it, it can certainly break off.

Unlike my P2s my Wolf's medkit went on without a hitch, and is pretty firmly in place. No problems whatsoever. The P2s', on the other hand, had to be heated up for me to get them attached, and even after they're attached they're still a bit loose.
________
WIKI VAPORIZER

Last edited:

I hear that! I've got plenty of scars to attest to the laws of physics, myself... which is what prompted me to add the word of warning! :lol ^^^^ happens! :monkey4 :lol

I don't like the way Hot Toys attaches the Medikit on the Wolf, it isn't exactly a firm grip and when you try to force it, it can certainly break off.

The medkit attachment really wasn't well designed or executed. The only way I got mine to keep from constantly falling off was to heat it up first, then gently pry the tab out a little. Otherwise, it simply would NOT hook into the hole in his armour. The little tab is basically too short. I don't like to glue pieces that are detachable, but that would be one sure way to solve the problem.

The P2 Pred's kit didn't like to stay put either, but it was much better than Wolf's. I hope they fixed that little problem with the new Wolf figure!

The P2 Pred's kit didn't like to stay put either, but it was much better than Wolf's. I hope they fixed that little problem with the new Wolf figure!

I have the Cleaner Wolf...it attaches the same way.

The Cleaner Kit attaches in a similar fashion as well but seems to be better molded or something as it locked on nicely for me.

Back