HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This wonderful thread seems to have gone to hell. You should really start a new P and B thread. It all seems rather simple. If you think that it's over priced, a rip off, Sideshow has screwed you, Hot Toys has screwed you, or one of a hundred _____es, DON"T BUY IT. If you think that you'll get your money's worth, like the figure, BUY IT. I liked it, I bought it. Just that simple.

Old Grandpa

That's why I ordered it. I get a really great piece at retail price. I'm not like some who are really picky about minute details (not judging, BTW.). So this is right up my alley. The detail blows me away. Lots of options. Couldn't be happier. Looking forward to the new Joker as well.

This wonderful thread seems to have gone to hell. You should really start a new P and B thread. It all seems rather simple. If you think that it's over priced, a rip off, Sideshow has screwed you, Hot Toys has screwed you, or one of a hundred _____es, DON"T BUY IT. If you think that you'll get your money's worth, like the figure, BUY IT. I liked it, I bought it. Just that simple.

Old Grandpa

Silly Old Grandpa - Sideshow OWES US! Off to the home you go... :lol

Eh, I personally think $225 is a pretty high price for a straight out the door retail/MSRP. There's really no justifying it.

The second we all do is the day where $200+ is the new norm for ever MMS release and I really don't think we want that. With that said though, I've already ordered and if Sideshow lifted the limit to 2 per customer, I'd buy another in a heartbeat. So in a way, I guess I'm part of the problem. Scratch that, I am contributing to the problem AND we'll see $200+ dollar regular figures as a norm.

Really though, no matter what way you cut it, there's no reason this couldn't have been in the $180-$200 ball park. It's essentially a rerelease of a figure that cost $140-$150 back in 2008 except this time it has a better Bruce Wayne head, a mouth plates and a dinky strap harness. Yeah, economy wise, things have changed in the past three years but I want Hot Toys and Sideshow to show me where that $74 premium is going towards.

There's also the fact that the Ani-Con folks paid the equivalence of $180 USD . . .

Given what you'd have to pay for the 3-year-old one, it seems justifiable.

SnakeDoc

That's exactly my thought. I got into this hobby as the original was drying up everywhere except for ebay. Now I have a chance to get a Begins Batman for what is a much more reasonable price.

Anyone that gets update on facebook by SSC has to agree they hyped this up big tme. They kept updating every hour or so saying "GET READY FOR THE PPO, MAKE SURE YOU GET OUR NEWSLETTER TO BE APART OF THIS MOST MAGNIFICENT EVENT TO SNAG A LIMITED RUN ITEM OF THE CENTURY!!!!!"

They could have easily sent a update stating that dont worry there will be plenty to go around and no need to stand by your computer at 11:59 central time.

Eh, I personally think $225 is a pretty high price for a straight out the door retail/MSRP. There's really no justifying it.

The second we all do is the day where $200+ is the new norm for ever MMS release and I really don't think we want that. With that said though, I've already ordered and if Sideshow lifted the limit to 2 per customer, I'd buy another in a heartbeat. So in a way, I guess I'm part of the problem. Scratch that, I am contributing to the problem AND we'll see $200+ dollar regular figures as a norm.

Really though, no matter what way you cut it, there's no reason this couldn't have been in the $180-$200 ball park. It's essentially a rerelease of a figure that cost $140-$150 back in 2008 except this time it has a better Bruce Wayne head, a mouth plates and a dinky strap harness. Yeah, economy wise, things have changed in the past three years but I want Hot Toys and Sideshow to show me where that $74 premium is going towards.

There's also the fact that the Ani-Con folks paid the equivalence of $180 USD . . .

Really? :(

oh-snap.gif

Why do people break up parts to sell? ____ is so stupid.

(I'm new to collecting this stuff btw)

Why do people break up parts to sell? ____ is so stupid.

(I'm new to collecting this stuff btw)

The 1:6 community has a large sub-group that customize figures and parting out fills the demand for parts that these collectors use to make their own creations. Sometimes people also need a part that they might have lost or broken and sellers make money off of that as well.

Obviously because they're CRAZY!!!

Also, let's cool it with the insults peoples. WTF? Raw's about to start and you ____ers can't help but try to spoil the mood.

CMPunk has really made me want to start watching WWF again, he's brilliant. A breath of fresh air.

Obviously because they're CRAZY!!!

Also, let's cool it with the insults peoples. WTF? Raw's about to start and you ____ers can't help but try to spoil the mood.

RAW!!! :rock

I've missed the last few weeks. Can't go in the thread because I have no idea what's going on. :( :lol

CMPunk has really made me want to start watching WWF again, he's brilliant. A breath of fresh air.
Word. And regarding the parting out, you could take many figures, part them out, and make more than they would sell for complete if you went about it the right way. So, some sell just for profit as Ben and Nick say, some buy for a few pieces they want to keep and sell the rest and ultimately pay less than they would have to from someone else parting them out.

I'm not going to watch Raw until Ultimate Warrior returns and we all know that's never gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back