HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What abt the acrylic cover? How much do they cost each? Thx.

yeah, the acrylic display cases. I don't have any cabinet to put these things in. I think display cases are a better solution for me since my room gets dusty from my computer equipment.

Depends. They range anywhere from $20-$50 at Michaels or up to $100+ like the lighted one Sideshow has for sale.

If you have a plastics shop near where you're at then they'll happily make up a custom solution for you. It's not that expensive for a mid-to-large size collection, especially compared with buying a single-figure display box for every figure. I've got a couple of floating shelves with a backless-bottomless clear acrylic box on each of them. Neat solution for me, I dig it.

:lecture:lecture:lecture This is the best, inexpensive route if you can do it. But it takes a bit of footwork.

Are you talking about the acrylic covers for figures? Or the glass Detolf cabinets? If it's the latter, Ikea but ATM, they're discontinued until Novermberish - IF the rumors are true.

Not sure about your area, but in Toronto they should be back as soon as next week :yess:

Not sure about your area, but in Toronto they should be back as soon as next week :yess:

Please post here if they are. That'll definitely restore my faith that they weren't just giving me the runaround, because they kept trying to push the Bestas as logical replacements, but I'm not going to change my whole room to fit something that's twice as expensive and 3/4's less efficient in displayability.

Please post here if they are. That'll definitely restore my faith that they weren't just giving me the runaround, because they kept trying to push the Bestas as logical replacements, but I'm not going to change my whole room to fit something that's twice as expensive and 3/4's less efficient in displayability.

Agreed... I was gutted at the thought of having to switch from detolfs to something A) more expensive, B) not matching.... Hopefully I'll have some good news by next week :pray:

I am really impatient for this figure. Even though I have him on Flexpay and therefore need the next three months, It looks to good. This is my first Hot Toys figure so you can imagine my 'excitement'. Its just frustrating when I come to this thread to read about this figure or other Batman figures ect. and am faced with five pages filled with wrestling conversation.

I really need either a glass display cabinet or these acrylic covers you guys are talking about. Does anybody know where I can get one in Australia? More precisely Brisbane?

I am really impatient for this figure. Even though I have him on Flexpay and therefore need the next three months, It looks to good. This is my first Hot Toys figure so you can imagine my 'excitement'. Its just frustrating when I come to this thread to read about this figure or other Batman figures ect. and am faced with five pages filled with wrestling conversation.

I really need either a glass display cabinet or these acrylic covers you guys are talking about. Does anybody know where I can get one in Australia? More precisely Brisbane?

You need a detolf:

https://www.ikea.com/au/en/preindex.html
https://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/70182172

https://www.ikea.com/au/en/preindex.html

I'm just happy to get my hands on another batman figure, especially a BB suit one. I don't really care too much about how much my collection is worth or anything. I just love movies and collecting stuff from them to try and get some nostalgia outta it.

I'm just happy to get my hands on another batman figure, especially a BB suit one. I don't really care too much about how much my collection is worth or anything. I just love movies and collecting stuff from them to try and get some nostalgia outta it.

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

I didn't realize this was still available for pre-order.
Thought it would sell out instantly

Its insane, they normally sell out within minutes but we're talking days now?!?!

In my ideal universe, everyone orders/preorders items as we currently do. Then after they sell out, let's say 1000 people get on the waitlist for an item, they reproduce it with a possibly generic box to satisfy "crazy/selfish" (IMHO) value collectors and 40% higher pricetag due to lower production count. I think that would please both types of collectors and severely reduce the amount of scalpers.

Its insane, they normally sell out within minutes but we're talking days now?!?!

I can't tell whether you're making fun of me or not LOL :lol
...but I am surprised. This forum went freaking bonkers when this figure was announced. Maybe it was only this forum that was so excited :rotfl

It does make me wonder whether they are going to be made to order by HT after SS have confirmed order no. But who knows, maybe they have just made an insanely high edition size. A new OC bats is practically a license to print money!

It's been more than 3 days now and the figure is still available. This was a bluff from Sideshow and we got into it. It should say: "Unlimited Edition"

This thread is ridiculous and has brought out some strange "fans". I love how SS takes whatever blame, too much or not enough product, and they didn't even produce this. Nothing to do with HT or the scalper situation in HK, right. :slap

This thread is ridiculous and has brought out some strange "fans". I love how SS takes whatever blame, too much or not enough product, and they didn't even produce this. Nothing to do with HT or the scalper situation in HK, right. :slap

:lecture:lecture:lecture They're taking the fall because the entitlement generation can never be satisfied with anything nowadays.

They are selling and marketing it. Got another email from them saying jump on the chance to own the Predator and Batman Begins Batman. With QC issues, failure to communicate with customers with NRD's for over 6 months on figures/statues such as Optimus Prime (and others), and not to mention figures like ROTLA having production problems that have affected the material of the jacket, SSC's deserves most of this blame. I do credit some of their staff as being helpful, such as Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back