HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are selling and marketing it. Got another email from them saying jump on the chance to own the Predator and Batman Begins Batman. With QC issues, failure to communicate with customers with NRD's for over 6 months on figures/statues such as Optimus Prime (and others), and not to mention figures like ROTLA having production problems that have affected the material of the jacket, SSC's deserves most of this blame. I do credit some of their staff as being helpful, such as Mike.

You should call the District Attorney's office and file charges against Sideshow for the Sideshow-hired guido who keeps putting that gun to your head and forcing you to order products from them. :lecture:lecture:lecture

You should call the District Attorney's office and file charges against Sideshow for the Sideshow-hired guido who keeps putting that gun to your head and forcing you to order products from them. :lecture:lecture:lecture

Well, they do kinda have the corner on the market for collectibles people want. But of course, as customer, how dare I expect to get quality for 200-300 dollars. :slap

Well, they do kinda have the corner on the market for collectibles people want. But of course, as customer, how dare I expect to get quality for 200-300 dollars. :slap

Seriously, if you're that "offended," call them and get them to refund your NRDs for all the products delayed. They'll do it. And then just never do business with them again. It's silly how some of you guys hold Sideshow to a completely different standard than you would every other business on the planet. It's not their fault you guys keep buying stuff from them if you hate them so much. :cuckoo:

So coming back to the whole 1 per customer issue, I wanted to check out the possibility of raising the limit first hand and asked the Sideshow chat person. Here was my response:

"Our quantity limits are permanent
I do not know if we would be able to increase the quantity limit"

That seemed to be two completely different answers to me, so I asked for clarification and got this:

"I have never heard of the quantity limit being raised so I am not sure that it is even a possibility"

So, I wouldn't get my hopes up on that front if anyone wants two to display both ways following legit order procedures through Sideshow's site.

Seriously, if you're that "offended," call them and get them to refund your NRDs for all the products delayed. They'll do it. And then just never do business with them again. It's silly how some of you guys hold Sideshow to a completely different standard than you would every other business on the planet. It's not their fault you guys keep buying stuff from them if you hate them so much. :cuckoo:

I don't hate SSC's. I think they, for the most part, provide some of the better collectible figures around. But when you pay good money for an item, you expect it to be in excellent shape and to remain that way, unless you get drunk and start taking a baseball bat to the collection, and then, of course, SSC's can't be blamed for that. I wasn't talking about personal NRD's; I was talking about those that bought the Optimus maquette and got little to no response from SSC's. As far as them being a middle man for Hot Toys and other vendors, when you take on the role of distributor, you have to take the flack--good or bad. But as a casual observer of the threads, I have noticed an increase in Q/C issues and encountered them myself. I, and others, have the right to show our displeasure or to make comments about it. We also have the right to keep giving them chances, hoping that it doesn't happen again. And if it happens again, of course people should be able to say something. Other businesses have a lot more competition. If my insurance company is hard to deal with, there's 10 others locally. Not so with the collectibles. Sure HCG's is out there and they do a fine job on some items, but they don't have the selection SSC's does.

IAs far as them being a middle man for Hot Toys and other vendors, when you take on the role of distributor, you have to take the flack--good or bad.

so the distributor should take flack and blame for Hot Toys deciding to produce more than enough of these to satisfy demand after scalpers gobbled up most of the stock available and started charging outrageous prices. Yeah, ____ You sideshow for selling what the customers wanted. :slap

This hobby is bringing out the nitwits. From beginning to end this is one of the worst threads I've ever seen here.

This hobby is bringing out the nitwits. From beginning to end this is one of the worst threads I've ever seen here.

:goodpost:
Ain't that the truth.
I really don't how some folks around here manage to cross the street let alone type.

There's some serious bollocks being posted on this thread.

so the distributor should take flack and blame for Hot Toys deciding to produce more than enough of these to satisfy demand after scalpers gobbled up most of the stock available and started charging outrageous prices. Yeah, ____ You sideshow for selling what the customers wanted. :slap

Thanks for making it even better. :yess:

[/QUOTE] this hobby is bringing out the nitwits. From beginning to end this is one of the worst threads I've ever seen here.[/QUOTE]

And yet almost 900 pages later, we all still come back...

I don't hate SSC's. I think they, for the most part, provide some of the better collectible figures around. But when you pay good money for an item, you expect it to be in excellent shape and to remain that way, unless you get drunk and start taking a baseball bat to the collection, and then, of course, SSC's can't be blamed for that. I wasn't talking about personal NRD's; I was talking about those that bought the Optimus maquette and got little to no response from SSC's. As far as them being a middle man for Hot Toys and other vendors, when you take on the role of distributor, you have to take the flack--good or bad. But as a casual observer of the threads, I have noticed an increase in Q/C issues and encountered them myself. I, and others, have the right to show our displeasure or to make comments about it. We also have the right to keep giving them chances, hoping that it doesn't happen again. And if it happens again, of course people should be able to say something. Other businesses have a lot more competition. If my insurance company is hard to deal with, there's 10 others locally. Not so with the collectibles. Sure HCG's is out there and they do a fine job on some items, but they don't have the selection SSC's does.

I dunno. If I hit up my favorite high-end restaurant for beef ribs, got babyback instead, the server spit in the food, I got salmonella poisoning because they didn't wash the counters after making a chicken dish and brought me a cheap domestic instead of the import I asked for but charged me as if everything had been perfect and added a 30% gratuity on top, I wouldn't go back no matter how ____ing much I enjoyed their beef ribs. :cuckoo:

The point you're failing to admit is there are other alternatives to get this stuff. It's more expensive, sure, but if you're going back to a company you're having repeated issues with, isn't that on you?

I dunno. If I hit up a high-end restaurant for ribs, got babyback instead of beef ribs, the server spit in the food, I got salmonella poisoning because they didn't wash the counters after making a chicken dish and brought me a cheap domestic instead of the import I asked for but charged me as if everything had been perfect and added a 30% gratuity on top, I wouldn't go back no matter how ____ing much I enjoyed their beef ribs. :cuckoo:

The point you're failing to admit is there are other alternatives to get this stuff. It's more expensive, sure, but if you're going back to a company you're having repeated issues with, isn't that on you?

:exactly::goodpost:

blame for screwing up is justified (if and when they screw up) but this is just ridiculous. if they had made less and it sold out how many ppl would me mad cus they couldn't get it. its getting sillier and sillier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back