HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only thing worse than an idiot is an idiot who thinks they are brilliant.

#@^%& you Kara :cuss, you son of a @#^##$4%&#@ :cuss

You are both banned. Actually, I agree with Pixletwin. If you think you are brilliant then that probably means you are an idiot. Not referring to anyone specifically in this thread. Very few exceptions out there (self included, of course).

The point you're failing to admit is there are other alternatives to get this stuff. It's more expensive, sure, but if you're going back to a company you're having repeated issues with, isn't that on you?

But there really aren't alternatives, except commissioning something and taking the risk the money disappears forever. If you are talking about alternatives for obtaining SSC's like from other venders, even higher risks and no exclusives. All I'm asking for is if SSC's wants to charge a premium price, they put out a premium product. I, myself, have had two Q/C issues, different, with them. They resolved one, and semi-resolved another. I get what you are saying about restaurants but like I said with insurance companies, etc., you do have a lot of alternatives there, but you don't for collectibles.

You are both banned. Actually, I agree with Pixletwin. If you think you are brilliant then that probably means you are an idiot. Not referring to anyone specifically in this thread. Very few people who resemble that model out there (self included, of course).

:lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly::goodpost:

But there really aren't alternatives, except commissioning something and taking the risk the money disappears forever. If you are talking about alternatives for obtaining SSC's like from other venders, even higher risks and no exclusives. All I'm asking for is if SSC's wants to charge a premium price, they put out a premium product. I, myself, have had two Q/C issues, different, with them. They resolved one, and semi-resolved another. I get what you are saying about restaurants but like I said with insurance companies, etc., you do have a lot of alternatives there, but you don't for collectibles.

https://www.ebay.com - they have just about everything Sideshow sells and you don't have to deal with SSC.

:lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly::goodpost:

https://www.ebay.com - they have just about everything Sideshow sells and you don't have to deal with SSC.

Missing my point man. I could receive something from SSC in record time and at a discount and it could be damaged. That's a Q/C problem, that buying on Ebay would not solve. That's not to say that dealing with SSC to order it and receive it was not pleasant, but that their Q/C sucks. In fact the ROTLA that I bought, was on Ebay and now there's dozens of folks experiencing the flaking jacket. SSC's has had various issues, including what I said but also paint flaking on busts. There's a higher level of expectation by the customer and duty for SSC when you are talking about collectibles in the hundreds of dollars range.

Missing my point man. I could receive something from SSC in record time and at a discount and it could be damaged. That's a Q/C problem, that buying on Ebay would not solve. That's not to say that dealing with SSC to order it and receive it was not pleasant, but that their Q/C sucks. In fact the ROTLA that I bought, was on Ebay and now there's dozens of folks experiencing the flaking jacket. SSC's has had various issues, including what I said but also paint flaking on busts. There's a higher level of expectation by the customer and duty for SSC when you are talking about collectibles in the hundreds of dollars range.

No, but it's a problem you choose to embrace. That's not Sideshow's fault. That's yours. Again, refer back to my restaurant metaphor. You're the one making the conscious decision to deal with said issues, despite having dealt with them in the past, to purchase from Sideshow. Nobody's forcing you to do so. That's on you. If the issues are that bad for you, don't buy and spend elsewhere. It's as easy as that. Really, it is.

So what are the chances that some other online retailer (not named eBay) will have this available or that Sideshow will increase the quantity to two per person?

i think this, as much as its been entertaining, is just goin around in circles. dont know if its just a bait and hook game but WOW.

fact

- sold as an exclusive shortly after the IM exclusive f^(k $h1t up for everyone wanting one.

- now all expecting the same with this BM (even though they said they were making more than usual for this type of exclusive)

- people go crazy and believe more might mean.. what? 100? 1000? 5000? ??

- to this day its still being sold. am i happy about this? YES! do i believe its a exclusive. yes. but not that exclusive, maybe more "limited".

Do you guys know if you can swap the BW head sculpt onto the takara batman with no problem? Or is the head specifically made for the neck joint? (since it say it's a "sculpted" neck)

I'm coming to the conclusion that I can blame Guinness for making such a fine stout that it led to my notorious alcoholism in the early 90's and seeing as how it's entirely their fault, I can get my record expunged and fines refunded. :lecture:lecture:lecture

No, but it's a problem you choose to embrace. That's not Sideshow's fault. That's yours. Again, refer back to my restaurant metaphor. You're the one making the conscious decision to deal with said issues, despite having dealt with them in the past, to purchase from Sideshow. Nobody's forcing you to do so. That's on you. If the issues are that bad for you, don't buy and spend elsewhere. It's as easy as that. Really, it is.

Not sure I'm embracing it. I'm just saying that this latest marketing frenzy with emails and notices and emphasis on PPO and limited ed. all helped mislead the consumer, which was the original point. The problems I've had and others have had, aside, I like SSC's. But I'm not going to sit by and see something that could have been handled better to inform ALL customers...not those that spend hours a day on here and know everything about every figure, spec, etc. Much like the movie where Ras creates a legitimate panic in Gotham, SSC's helped contribute to the misconception that this was going to go quick by their marketing. I can't even recall since I've been a member them doing it for one of their own products. I don't blame them for douchebags in HK or Asia that have no ethics. I do blame them for the way they marketed it and Hot Toys too as I am sure they had a say. But a customer should be able to point out a problem, have their say and then continue to buy without being told, just don't buy from them. That doesn't solve the problems. They have well-documented Q/C issues, more so of late, and I'd think they'd want customers to inform them so they make a better product and have customer retention. The marketing for this presale was just off and somewhat deceptive.

Not sure I'm embracing it. I'm just saying that this latest marketing frenzy with emails and notices and emphasis on PPO and limited ed. all helped mislead the consumer, which was the original point. The problems I've had and others have had, aside, I like SSC's. But I'm not going to sit by and see something that could have been handled better to inform ALL customers...not those that spend hours a day on here and no everything about every figure, spec, etc. Much like the movie where Ras creates a legitimate panic in Gotham, SSC's helped contribute to the misconception that this was going to go quick by their marketing. I can't even recall since I've been a member them doing it for one of their own products. I don't blame them for douchebags in HK or Asia that have no ethics. I do blame them for the way they marketed it and Hot Toys too as I am sure they had a say. But a customer should be able to point out a problem, have their say and then continue to buy without being told, just don't buy from them. That doesn't solve the problems. They have well-documented Q/C issues, more so of late, and I'd think they'd want customers to inform them so they make a better product and have customer retention. The marketing for this presale was just off and somewhat deceptive.

While we're at it, not just stick with Guinness. Why not blame Anheuser-Busch and every other beer brewer on the planet, for all the alcoholics and crime resulting from them? After all, they advertise on TV, in magazines and billboards. It's their fault for making the brew and making alcoholics drink it! Release all the drunks, those arrested for DUIs, sign off all the probates, refund all the fines paid and tell the people whose loved ones were killed that, "Nope, it's not the drunk's fault for running over your 3-year-old, blame the brewery!" :lecture:lecture:lecture

While we're at it, not just stick with Guinness. Why not blame Anheuser-Busch and every other beer brewer on the planet, for all the alcoholics and crime resulting from them? After all, they advertise on TV, in magazines and billboards. It's their fault for making the brew and making alcoholics drink it! Release all the drunks, those arrested for DUIs, sign off all the probates, refund all the fines paid and tell the people whose loved ones were killed that, "Nope, it's not the drunk's fault for running over your 3-year-old, blame the brewery!" :lecture:lecture:lecture

lol You know what I mean. You can take anything to an extreme. I'm just asking for a common sense approach and honest marketing of an item.

lol You know what I mean. You can take anything to an extreme. I'm just asking for a common sense approach and honest marketing of an item.

Common sense tells me that if I don't like a company, I won't support them with my wallet. :huh

As far as honest marketing, it doesn't get much more honest than SideshowAlex and CAhobbit poking their pretty little heads in here repeatedly to tell everybody that there'll be more than enough to go around. If you didn't see that, blame the raging fanboys who continually posted bull____ without reading a page or three back, effectively burying their efforts with what amounts to tyrannical ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back