HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really warming up to getting this but I'm not sure I want to roll the dice.

Yep, me as well.

So who is responsible for sending the "good" headsculpt? The retailer, or do you need to contact HT directly? Also, without HT's admission, how do we know they'll actually send you a "good" one and not just 'another' one?

Yeah, that last photo there is excellent! :clap

If I had the money at the moment, I'd definitely get this figure no question. I've intentionally avoided posting in this thread & the related ones, but I've been looking forward to the in hand pics - & so far, I'm liking what I'm seeing - imperfections aside.

Those head sculpt inconsistencies are a concern though..

Yep, me as well.

So who is responsible for sending the "good" headsculpt? The retailer, or do you need to contact HT directly? Also, without HT's admission, how do we know they'll actually send you a "good" one and not just 'another' one?

Yeah this bloated head business has me worried now. Is Sideshow aware of this? Have they checked their stock to see if its fine? Would SS replace the head or HT? "Many questions! Questions that need answering!"

Yeah this bloated head business has me worried now. Is Sideshow aware of this? Have they checked their stock to see if its fine? Would SS replace the head or HT? "Many questions! Questions that need answering!"

Weren't you were fine with the bloated headsculpt before you saw the good one? You should have no worries. :lol

Yep, me as well.

Good question.
First I would assume Hot Toys would ask you to take a picture of the sculpt to send them.
In this case I think it would be them directly who you would have to deal with. Arnie Kim posted in his facebook when asked the question about the different sculpts by saying to contact Hot Toys Q dept. The retailer has done their job by selling it to you, and unless you purchased a warranty from them, it would fall under a manufacturers warranty.

Yep, no more Drag Queen Indy look.

indysig.jpg

:lol

Brilliant.

Isn't it the truth? :lol Maddening.

Aren't you a little concerned about getting the 'good' sculpt or not?

No, not really... cause so far all the 'bad' ones were early pics from HK. As long as the Sideshow/NA ones are from the same batch as the latest pics most of us should be fine.

I never completely hated it before anyway and was sure it'd look better in hand. But these newest pics are certainly better and that's the figure I want.

Last edited:

You have so many posts defending the bloated sculpt saying its 100% perfect. :nana:

Good question.
First I would assume Hot Toys would ask you to take a picture of the sculpt to send them.
In this case I think it would be them directly who you would have to deal with. Arnie Kim posted in his facebook when asked the question about the different sculpts by saying to contact Hot Toys Q dept. The retailer has done their job by selling it to you, and unless you purchased a warranty from them, it would fall under a manufacturers warranty.

Makes sense... as long as they honor the fact that it is a 'bad' headsculpt.

Got mine coming from SS, missed my chance with AE. I'm hoping for a good one.

The PERS tweak is interesting but I'm not gutsy enough to do that.

Where's dsokyra with some more, further away pics. I'm curious how they will look.

Honestly, I can barely see any difference in faststreets pics -- yes, I see a slight difference, but not so much as when I look at dsokyra's pics. So the whole lens warp thing has me curious now. Especially when only one guy's pics seem so much better than all the rest.

I just want to make sure.

Makes sense... as long as they honor the fact that it is a 'bad' headsculpt.

After spending $250 or more on this, and knowing many have ordered other figures on pre-order as well. It would be in their best interest to get to you a replacement if you are not completely satisfied with the sculpt. In this case, there is proof that there are variations. If there was no proof, they could ignore it saying there is nothing wrong with it in the first place. After all that has happened, I just can't see Hot Toys not making a statement as to what they are going to about this real soon.

Where's dsokyra with some more, further away pics. I'm curious how they will look.

Honestly, I can barely see any difference in faststreets pics -- yes, I see a slight difference, but not so much as when I look at dsokyra's pics. So the whole lens warp thing has me curious now. Especially when only one guy's pics seem so much better than all the rest.

I just want to make sure.

dsokyra mentioned he took those pics with his phone at very close range. They most probably are distorted making the nose larger and the jaw further away and smaller. I'm interested in seeing some better pics from him as well out of curiosity.

The bottom line for me will be if he looks good when I open the box. All of these variations and inconsistencies are interesting for discussion but I'm not sure I'd even be able to tell the difference if I didn't have multiple figures to compare. If I open him up and he looks crappy the little red line on the map will be going straight back to California...dah dah DAH DHA, dah dah DAH...:lol

The bottom line for me will be if he looks good when I open the box. All of these variations and inconsistencies are interesting for discussion but I'm not sure I'd even be able to tell the difference if I didn't have multiple figures to compare. If I open him up and he looks crappy the little red line on the map will be going straight back to California...dah dah DAH DHA, dah dah DAH...:lol

If you got a monkey jaw on yours as some people have, I think you will be able to tell the difference as something just won't look right. I personally have seen one and it was not good enough for me to pull the trigger and re-order. However if HT makes a statement admitting to problems and furthermore guaranteeing a replacement if you have one you don't like, I am ordering one right away since I do want this in my collection with an improved sculpt.

Yep, that's my concern as well. The difference is so subtle on an inch-high head that I may drive myself crazy trying to sort out which one I have.

Just use your gut instinct. Look at a picture of Ford and then look at the sculpt. If you see Indy then keep it. If you see a larger than normal jaw making the nose look too small in proportion, then you give HT a call.

Weren't you were fine with the bloated headsculpt before you saw the good one? You should have no worries. :lol

Was the bloated head sculpt shown before? Who had a bloated head before that pic surfaced?

You have so many posts defending the bloated sculpt saying its 100% perfect. :nana:

Really? I said the sculpt was 100% PERFECT huh? Show me.

Back