HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time for more photos?

HT14.jpg

HT18.jpg

HT22.jpg

HT20.jpg

This is Wofford's pic that I cropped for a more cinematic look, I really like this shot... very Ford, very Indy.

wofford29adj1.jpg

If I get one like this, I'll be more than satisfied.

It's a shame HT's photos didn't make it look this good. I probably would have buckled and bought it.

That's the best close up of his face that i've seen

That being said, just look at that left (our right) eye fold, did HF really have it that pronounced.

No wonder any slight shadow from a photo makes it look like a guyliner!

I start out with a smaller than regular paper clip like one size smaller, straighten it out and then on this figure I still figured it was a little to long so a cut the tips off a bit, then sanded down the rough ends that were left. I raised the collar up and wrapped the paper clip around the neck part of the collar from the back. This left the ends just about a quarter inch from poking out from under the collar flaps. I folded the collar down and around the papaer clip then I have some sculpting tools and burnishers thatI used to rub the collar and kinda tuck up under where the paper clip now fits. Also I squeezed here in there tightning the collar around the figures neck. Futz accordinally. :)

Told ya it would work. :wink1:

But, just for a moment, let's talk about what they got right:

Jacket: 100% Raiders accurate

Shirt & Pants: Very well done

Alden's: Best available

Map Room Gear: Awesome

Idol pedestal: I prefer Hot Toys to Sideshow's.

I would add to this the two side arms and the side bag.

HT's revolver is pretty darn screen accurate to the S&W HE2 "bapty", the one Indy actually uses in Raiders:

RotLA-bapty2.jpg

IMG_45451.JPG

It looks like Sideshow went for the other version in the film, the "Stembridge", which is seen in the "cautious fellow" scene and when Belloq takes the idol, but missed the mark on the handgrips and front sight:

RotLA-stembridge2.jpg

The side bag, rings aside, also is pretty accurate, even inside:

IMG_44841.JPG

wg3.jpg

Wor-Gar, are you macguvyer in disguise??

:) I wish. I got a few tricks, but this one I picked up on in the T-800 thread where it was used to tighten the collar all the way around Arnold's neck. But I figured you could use the same trick to also hold collar tabs down or position them how you like.

Back