HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)-Link to buy from SS in 1st

That is impossible Kapital. I am only a man, no thousand of chinesse workers :lol:lol
Solo unos pocos afortunados, ahora que no me arriegaria hacer con otros lo que he hecho con el mio, cortar por lo sano:D Crei que no hace falta llegar tan lejos.
Please convey my thanks to your friends. They must understand that a lot of work for me, I am more on Indiana jones props developmet

Kapital, you will be one of those lucky men ;)

Thanks restaurajones.

Re: HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)-Link to buy from SS in 1st

Please, stop pm me :lol, I have my pm box full. I cannot to attend those pettitions now. I'm sorry but for the moment I only can to do a few friends I know a long time. I want to remember that I am not a customizer like the ones here in the forum.

This type of work, which for me is a hobby that I love, not what yI usually make on order, I make more than archaeological objects, especially if they go out in the Indiana Jones movies. :monkey3

Do you understand me? :gun:monkey3

The last pic . I have made a few adjustments and gloss varnish to the eys and that is all.

4261553171_79aa403723_o.jpg

Menuda se está montando con el fenómeno Restaurajones!:rotfl

Amazing the last pic!!! esa es la mirada MJ Thriller total ;)

Ahora es cuando mas que nunca hubiera querido que Hot toys hubiera sacado la cabeza del prototipo :whip

Hot toys, the next time You must do the first prototype. Now, there are some people that wants their normal version heads to convert:lol

Why do you change it in the final product? I´m not going to understand never:( Hot toys bad, restaurajones good :monkey3 :rotfl

jaja:lol eso es minar su moral... mas que resculptor, ya que en este trabajo es infimo, ha sido mas mision de quitar y no añadir, I prefer you call me more repaintor than resculptor for this work!!:D

But in that forum, I have take a look yesterday and today, the most important thing now is how will be exposed the figure in the ikea showcase, with box o without box :lol

Amazing work Restaurajones!! Did you actually have to re-sculpt anything, or is it just a repaint?

Thanks, I've just taken a bit with a cutter (also sandpaper ) of the lowereyelids and the muscles near the corner of his mouth before the repaint. The real work does the repainting job.

Amazing work Restaurajones!! Did you actually have to re-sculpt anything, or is it just a repaint?

I really wonder what made them decide to make the eyes smaller and less MJ looking. I also recall their Billie Jean figure to look better in the very first photos..and the final one wasn't even close to as good.

I think that they (Hot Toys) are keeping the better Thriller sculpt for a future release. Like they did with the first Joker and later they gave us a better sculpt with the bank robber figure.

Ok, i will call you repainterjones.

-------------------------------------------
Me encanta el repintado pero lo que yo le atenuaría o quitaría es la linea esa negra en la comisura derecha de la boca.

I really wonder what made them decide to make the eyes smaller and less MJ looking. I also recall their Billie Jean figure to look better in the very first photos..and the final one wasn't even close to as good.

That's what I thought too, at first, but in retrospect I disagree. Neither the prototype nor the finished sculpt was perfect on the Billie Jean figure, but both had their merits. The eyes and nose were great on the first one, but the face was too narrow and unstructured to be MJ. The cheekbones in particular were lacking. In contrast, the overall facial structure of the second sculpt is spot on older MJ, but the chin is too long and the eyes need to be bigger. (Just my opinion, of course.)

On the other hand, the Thriller prototype was basically perfect, whereas the finished one not so much. :(

I don't know if I could make those modifications, I do have some kind of talent on drawing and painting but have never done something with 12inch figures...also this thing is way too expensive to commit a little mistake and ruin the whole thing!...why don't you post a tutorial restaurajones?

I think that they (Hot Toys) are keeping the better Thriller sculpt for a future release. Like they did with the first Joker and later they gave us a better sculpt with the bank robber figure.

Really? So that would mean another Thriller figure? They really don't need to improve much if anything on the costume or the other things, they all look very accurate. The zombie head is brilliant.

Really? So that would mean another Thriller figure? They really don't need to improve much if anything on the costume or the other things, they all look very accurate. The zombie head is brilliant.

The "Bad" version as been confirmed as the next MJ figure.

I was messing around comparing the Hot Toys version with Restaurajones:

mjrepaint.jpg

Hot Toys on the left, Restaurajones on the right.

Just re-working the eyes makes a world of difference!!

Yes, I don't see them making another 'Thriller' release, that would be a surprise, but if they did I suppose it could be the varsity jacket at the beginning, with the checkered shirt and jeans, and then interchangeable werecat head and hands...

I think the best people can hope for, if they're really so unhappy with the head, is another Jackson from the same era, like 'Beat It' or something, the head and hairstyle would fit with the 'Thriller' figure, but a second 'Thriller' figure seems extremely unlikely.

Someone before was sculpting a new 'Thriller' head from scratch, I thought I saw before, also. That's another option.

Yes, the eyes are the key. I think with the next head I´m going to put step by tep pics. You need a cutter, sand paper or a dremel for reduce some lines in the mouth. This last step is optional. Another thing i would recomend (that I have not done to mine) is reduce the line expresion of the cheer a bit. I think he would looks better.

The principal steps in the painjob:
1) more dark shadows on the zone between eyebrow and eye, and the lower eyelid mark with black,more pronounced at the outer end

2) more dark shadows, to both sides of the nose, so this way the rounded point in the nose is more sharp

3) more dark shadows on the uperlip and arround the mouth. A line in the lowerlid, remarked the contour of the mouth a bit.

4)the inclination of the eyebrow to the exterior, lift it a bit towards the end and not so fallen as it was.

These are the principal tips ;)

I was messing around comparing the Hot Toys version with Restaurajones:

mjrepaint.jpg

Hot Toys on the left, Restaurajones on the right.

Just re-working the eyes makes a world of difference!!

So they made him look more asian and it's better?!

So they made him look more asian and it's better?!

I do have to say, that last picture looks less than the others on the previous page. For some reason this one doesn't look that accurate, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back