IconiQ Studios - Silent Hill 2 - 1/6 Pyramid Head & Bubble Head Nurse Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finished the remake yesterday, just like the original it sticks with you. There's slight variations here and there, some work others not so much but I really appreciate how this remake takes a meta approach and doesn't really replace the original it instead plays into all the fan theories out there, specifically the loop one, one of the secret endings is also hilariously recreated in a very clever way.

The combat is very enjoyable to me, much better than running around whacking creatures over the head with a plank. Several portions of the game are also better realized in the remake, Eddie's boss fight probably being the best example.

I was also pleasantly surprised when I realized Luke Roberts, Woodes Rogers from Black Sails was playing James, he did a phenomenal job.

The only issue I had with this was the annoying traversal stutter due to Unreal Engine 5, definitely sucks that a lot of studios are abandoning their inhouse engines for one that is plagued by this issue.

I like the idea of the combat, but if they were gonna add more of it, I would have appreciated more enemy types or less monsters in general. By the Prison, other than the Spider Mannequins, you’d already beaten dozen of these enemies and they lose their spark.

So much was faithfully recreated and visually it’s so impressive. Cutscenes feel more natural and acted, and have actual camera work and style now, even if some of the voice changes aren’t as good (Eddie, Laura, and James are a delight, while Angela struggles occasionally but still sticks the important scenes. I’m not sure how I feel about Maria. She’s more flirty and personable, but she sort of loses the edge the original had.)

I think I rank it a little below RE4make but still a very very solid effort. 8/10.

IMG_6188.jpeg

Back