InArt - Harry Potter 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roan, you should get your facts straight man, but the cloak is limited to inart direct. Plenty of companies do this. For all we know, inart might have authorized retailers that carry these inart products out there, but only accounts that purchase direct to inart store will get the exclusive item. I personally don’t see how this matters because the majority of the world that doesn’t live in China (only region Aragorn is licensed in) would need to obtain this product via a third party avenue aka resellers/unofficial retailers like OneSixthKit, etc. Hence, your problem therein lies with whomever you purchased from. If they purchased directly from inart, and you purchased from them, you’ll get the cloak. It’s really on these third party retailers/resellers to solicit that information to us (the end customer).
I know it's limited to InArt direct. I personally don't care for the cloak, but a lot of others do and now they are unsure if they will even receive it. I just don't understand why they made that specific piece exclusive, it's essential for most of his looks. Hot Toys does the same thing, but for smaller accessories/extras no one cares about.

Now checking the Aragorn thread it seems you won't get it even if you order from Kit. Pretty disappointing.
Lastly, you’re going to base your opinion on the Harry QC on the word of one guy? I’ve seen various people act like the world is falling because magnets slide out of the neck connector on Gandalf - it also does this on my copy - should this be happening? Ideally, no. But at the same time, am I going to discard the entire release as “horrific QC” because of that? Speaking for myself, probably not. The dainty pegs breaking on Harry and the fact that spares are not included is a legit problem, no doubt about that, but perhaps the user simply broke it by not being careful? I’ve seen countless of people break things on Hot Toys figures and they blame “lousy QC” but if they were just a bit more careful, it wouldn’t have happened. Just saying.
Well, how many people have received Harry Potter so far? Almost no one apart from influencers. Hearing stories of wrist pegs breaking this early is a bad sign, I think this will be a major problem when it starts shipping to more people, especially because there are no spares. I wouldn't even know where to look to find those smaller size wrist pegs. But you're right we do not know what happened, maybe it was user error and the guy wasn't careful enough.

From what I've heard and seen Gandalf came with a lot more QC issues than just the magnets popping off.
There are legitimate issues with INART, but they aren’t a “hot mess” overall. Imo, only real issues I see with them is the overall speed of their production and they should optimize their rolling batch system. But I guess I’m willing to be more understanding and reasonable since they’re a new company. They’re probably aware of and scrambling like mad trying to meet these demands and expectations in this 1/6 market, but I do think the overwhelming majority of the community is unreasonable and uninformed. The other con would be general communication, I guess. I don’t know about you and others but technically they can’t really speak much to orders that are being made “illegally” (for lack of a better term, seriously I don’t know what other term to use here), since most of their products are NOT globally licensed but 99% of their vocal consumer base on their social media are customers that don’t reside in those licensed regions where that specific figure is officially licensed. Which is why they sort of come off as “vague” and don’t outright address certain concerns and questions from the community and even the YouTubers’ lousy interview questions. Me personally, after all this time, I’ve been able to discern what they mean (what they’re trying to get at) but most people simply still don’t get how it works and what’s happening. How I wish they’d be able to address the whole situation and kept it real for the sanity and well-being of the community, but they sort of can’t…

Also, their releases up to Harry Potter are technically “released”, but most people seem to disagree since they don’t have their own figure in their hands and don’t accept the fact that inart has a rolling batch system. People should probably realize that Hot Toys also do that, but they have more of a larger wide release which is “felt” more by the entire world after receiving their Hot Toys from Sideshow. AOTC Anakin’s 2/3rd batch is still on hold it seems and “delayed” too, btw, but no one seems to be disputing whether or not it’s released.
Honestly one of their biggest issues is the influencer batch. I don't know why it exists when all of their figures are long sold out literally everywhere.. They delay the figure by more than a year and then give you the middle finger by sending the first batch to "influencers" that didn't even pay. If you're unlucky and ordered late you will have to wait another 6 months after the figure released. I'm not against batches, but the way InArt does it is irritating. Also the wait should be a lot less between each batch.

You're right about the communication, but they should give us more insight in what their production line looks like. It's pretty frustrating to see influencers receive Aragorn and Harry while you're still waiting on Batman. Just a simple post on Instagram or their official website would be enough.

I know Hot Toys has delays, but they are working on far more figures than InArt.

Last edited:
I know it's limited to InArt direct. I personally don't care for the cloak, but a lot of others do and now they are unsure if they will even receive it. I just don't understand why they made that specific piece exclusive, it's essential for most of his looks. Hot Toys does the same thing, but for smaller accessories/extras no one cares about.
I mean, lots of companies make certain things exclusive. Happens all the time. And I’m sorry, but I disagree that it’s “essential for most of his looks.” The Ranger/Strider cloak is specific to a sequence in the film and covers the entire outfit. The only time you see Aragorn wearing it is when he’s the Ranger known as “Strider” hanging at the Inn of the Prancing Pony and the following action scene at Weathertop.
Now checking the Aragorn thread it seems you won't get it even if you order from Kit. Pretty disappointing.
I guess we’ll end up learning which of these third party retailers didn’t purchase from inart directly.

Well, how many people have received Harry Potter so far? Almost no one apart from influencers. Hearing stories of wrist pegs breaking this early is a bad sign, I think this will be a major problem when it starts shipping to more people, especially because there are no spares. I wouldn't even know where to look to find those smaller size wrist pegs. But you're right we do not know what happened, maybe it was user error and the guy wasn't careful enough.
I never said their current production rate is ideal, but hey, they’re literally just starting out and are operating at a smaller scale vs other 1/6 makers. Apparently it does bring another set of spares. Imo, I guess this doesn’t really bother me regardless, as I’ve personally never broken any peg with any of my figures, and if it happened to me, I’d make do and figure out a way to glue it or something. I also am not even a person that is always switching up poses, but if you are, yes that would be incredibly unfortunate.

From what I've heard and seen Gandalf came with a lot more QC issues than just the magnets popping off.
I have yet to been explicitly shown where people have issues with the hand pegs falling off. Perhaps, I got lucky with my copy. However, I feel it’s not the end of the world as most make it seem.

Honestly one of their biggest issues is the influencer batch. I don't know why it exists when all of their figures are long sold out literally everywhere.. They delay the figure by more than a year and then give you the middle finger by sending the first batch to "influencers" that didn't even pay. If you're unlucky and ordered late you will have to wait another 6 months after the figure released. I'm not against batches, but the way InArt does it is irritating. Also the wait should be a lot less between each batch.
Where are you getting that they delay these things by more than a year..? Also, you don’t know if these so-called “influencers” didn’t pay. Imo, most likely a discounted rate, but what’s the problem? They have connections and channels and some level of a platform and outreach. I say this as someone who isn’t fond of these “personalities” for the record. Imo, only Justin and Jedha should receive earlier review copies, but Will and Riley simply have the connections with Johnny (inart’s marketing rep). I dislike the term “Influencer Batch” but IMO, they do it to gain more exposure. Without delving into it more here, it makes sense to me what they’re doing as new people who stumble by these videos will gain exposure to a new company making 1/6 figures and even if they missed out, now they’re aware and know to be on the lookout for future products they might be potentially interested in. INART’s playing the long game here.

Yes, I agree with you that the wait time in between the Influencer Batch and the general public wide release batches should be shorter. They should have more units ready to go, but you have to understand that they do this so they can incorporate whatever feedback they get to improve for the rest, and I assume they’d only do it if it’s feasible for production. IMO, most people who can’t stand the Influencer Batch are simply envious of seeing others with a product before them. That’s just my opinion. An observation I’ve made which also happens with other companies like Jazzinc which is currently upsetting various people and causing controversy due to their “Test Batch”.

You're right about the communication, but they should give us more insight in what their production line looks like. It's pretty frustrating to see influencers receive Aragorn and Harry while you're still waiting on Batman. Just a simple post on Instagram or their official website would be enough.
I think they should improve communication, but to an extent. Like I said before, sometimes they can’t really address or promise too much because technically, they can’t be helping people out that don’t live in their unlicensed regions, which is why they usually always advise to go through the third party retailer. Also, most people expect hard dates, but what if they don’t meet those promised deadlines? They’d only be setting themselves up for more failure. I think the collective community should exercise more patience, that’s just my opinion.

I know Hot Toys has delays, but they are working on far more figures than InArt.
INART is operating on vastly smaller scale with smaller staffing numbers than Hot Toys.

Last edited:
I mean, lots of companies make certain things exclusive. Happens all the time. And I’m sorry, but I disagree that it’s “essential for most of his looks.” The Ranger/Strider cloak is specific to a sequence in the film and covers the entire outfit. The only time you see Aragorn wearing it is when he’s the Ranger known as “Strider” hanging at the Inn of the Prancing Pony and the following action scene at Weathertop.
Either way it's an important outfit piece and a lot of people are disappointed that it isn't included. The broken sword and bloody hands made more sense as an exclusive.

Where are you getting that they delay these things by more than a year..? Also, you don’t know if these so-called “influencers” didn’t pay. Imo, most likely a discounted rate, but what’s the problem? They have connections and channels and some level of a platform and outreach. I say this as someone who isn’t fond of these “personalities” for the record. Imo, only Justin and Jedha should receive earlier review copies, but Will and Riley simply have the connections with Johnny (inart’s marketing rep). I dislike the term “Influencer Batch” but IMO, they do it to gain more exposure. Without delving into it more here, it makes sense to me what they’re doing as new people who stumble by these videos will gain exposure to a new company making 1/6 figures and even if they missed out, now they’re aware and know to be on the lookout for future products they might be potentially interested in. INART’s playing the long game here.
Well, Dean mentioned in one of his Batman videos that he denied to be part of the influencer batch because they only offered him a discount instead of a free sample. Influencers are either getting it discounted or for free. Completely agree that only Justin and Jedha should be part of the program, they actually have a decent following and outreach.
I'm pretty sure almost everyone in this hobby has heard of InArt by now..
Imo it doesn't make sense to promote a product after it has been sold out for months. Justin was reviewing their prototypes for Joker and Gandalf, which
just made so much more sense, people still on the fence could make a decision based on those videos.

Yes, I agree with you that the wait time in between the Influencer Batch and the general public wide release batches should be shorter. They should have more units ready to go, but you have to understand that they do this so they can incorporate whatever feedback they get to improve for the rest, and I assume they’d only do it if it’s feasible for production. IMO, most people who can’t stand the Influencer Batch are simply envious of seeing others with a product before them. That’s just my opinion. An observation I’ve made which also happens with other companies like Jazzinc which is currently upsetting various people and causing controversy due to their “Test Batch”.
I guess I spoke too soon, they seem to be picking up the pace as the second batch of Aragorn is already on the way.
I don't mind people getting stuff before me, seriously I couldn't care less I only have Aragorn ordered, it's more so the fact that these people either got it free or at a discounted cost.

I think they should improve communication, but to an extent. Like I said before, sometimes they can’t really address or promise too much because technically, they can’t be helping people out that don’t live in their unlicensed regions, which is why they usually always advise to go through the third party retailer. Also, most people expect hard dates, but what if they don’t meet those promised deadlines? They’d only be setting themselves up for more failure. I think the collective community should exercise more patience, that’s just my opinion.
Even if you try to get help/replacements through your third party retailer InArt isn't always helpful.. It's pathetic that InArt sent someone a pencil to fix their paint scuff on Gandalf. It wasn't even close to the right color.
I wasn't talking about hard dates just an estimate would be enough. More patience after already waiting a long time? Imo this community is very patient.

I mean, lots of companies make certain things exclusive. Happens all the time.
While I agree that companies do tend to make exclusive items, InArt's "optimization" post made it appear that they were adding the cloak for official channels and not just a direct store exclusive for orders placed directly on InArt's website. Not to mention, most ppl around the world can order a HT EX from Sideshow and is not region specific like the LOTR figures are. So, those of us in the US couldn't order direct from InArt to get the what is now known to be an exclusive cloak even if we wanted to.

And I’m sorry, but I disagree that it’s “essential for most of his looks.” The Ranger/Strider cloak is specific to a sequence in the film and covers the entire outfit. The only time you see Aragorn wearing it is when he’s the Ranger known as “Strider” hanging at the Inn of the Prancing Pony and the following action scene at Weathertop.
Nope, he doesn't wear it unfolded at Weathertop. Aside from the Prancing Pony, he wears it during the walking montage of him traveling with the hobbits before the Weathertop action sequence (not even when he hands them their daggers), when they (the whole fellowship) are on the Pass of Caradhras as well as at the entrance to Mines of Moria when they fight the Watcher in the water. He wears it rolled up after that until they get to Lothorian where that all get their new eleven cloaks.

Last edited:
Either way it's an important outfit piece and a lot of people are disappointed that it isn't included. The broken sword and bloody hands made more sense as an exclusive.
Agreed.
Even if you try to get help/replacements through your third party retailer InArt isn't always helpful.. It's pathetic that InArt sent someone a pencil to fix their paint scuff on Gandalf. It wasn't even close to the right color.
Yea, it's pretty crazy that did that. At least with Sideshow/HT, you either return the full figure and get a replacement or sometimes just have to show proof that you've destroyed the one you have before they send you a replacement part.

Can we stop talking about Aragorn in the Harry Potter thread? I’m actually looking forward to this figure and it’d be nice if the detractors could at least go to the appropriate thread if they’re just going to argue about silly stuff.

Yea, it's pretty crazy that did that. At least with Sideshow/HT, you either return the full figure and get a replacement or sometimes just have to show proof that you've destroyed the one you have before they send you a replacement part.
Yup.. Seems like only influencers get replacement sculpts. Will had a paint scuff on Harry Potter and he’s getting a completely new sculpt, no pencil for him I guess. :lol

Back