InArt Phoenix Joker 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So that means there’s nothing they can do about the price and their hands are tied? All they had to do was wait 6-7 months and they knew this? Did they believe customers would be gullible to jump on it at those prices because we weren’t privy to the licensing agreement changing for the sequel?

No, it sounds like InArt was just eager to announce a product before everyone else and unfortunately are now having to navigate through that decision. WB wouldn’t just blindly change the terms without upfront notice, opening them up to possible legal action. These agreements were likely talked about before InArt signed the deal, they gambled on enough people preordering before the sequel changed things.

So that means there’s nothing they can do about the price and their hands are tied? All they had to do was wait 6-7 months and they knew this? Did they believe customers would be gullible to jump on it at those prices because we weren’t privy to the licensing agreement changing for the sequel?

From what was written, they did not. They knew about Joker 2's price cap. Nothing was mentioned about the retroactive price cap getting reduced for Joker 1. I still think they can still change the sku should they want to. Like I said earlier, get rid of the sign board Joker. OR they can repurpose that headsculpt into a bloody laughing Joker.

From what was written, they did not. They knew about Joker 2's price cap. Nothing was mentioned about the retroactive price cap getting reduced for Joker 1. I still think they can still change the sku should they want to. Like I said earlier, get rid of the sign board Joker. OR they can repurpose that headsculpt into a bloody laughing Joker.
Then it sounds like InArt needs to hire people better fit to understand terms, that’s a must when dealing with rights. If the sequel lowers the bar, then that also applies to this film, it’s the same IP.. HT knew they had a clock they were waiting on until given the green light, they didn’t finally make one “because InArt made it”.

Doesn't really matter when or how InArt learned of this. It's now reality, and InArt has an opportunity to make the single red suit Joker which will sell many more than their $1K 4-pack. For the 16 people that PO'd and paid it off, just give them credit towards a new figure (if they want) and refund the rest. It's quite simple.

Doesn't really matter when or how InArt learned of this. It's now reality, and InArt has an opportunity to make the single red suit Joker which will sell many more than their $1K 4-pack. For the 16 people that PO'd and paid it off, just give them credit towards a new figure (if they want) and refund the rest. It's quite simple.
My thoughts exactly. @Kit Chen any idea how this affects pre-orders? Has InArt said any guidance on this pricing revelation and how they are mitigating it for people who already POd?

Then it sounds like InArt needs to hire people better fit to understand terms, that’s a must when dealing with rights. If the sequel lowers the bar, then that also applies to this film, it’s the same IP.. HT knew they had a clock they were waiting on until given the green light, they didn’t finally make one “because InArt made it”.

I really do think you're being obtuse when it comes to mostly Inart at this point. Lowering the bar on Joker 2 doesn't automatically mean it should apply on Joker 1. Contracts are different and that change could have had happened recently and Inart wasn't caught aware of it. Do you really think Inart will voluntarily put themselves in this situation if they knew ahead of time that the terms for Joker 1 would change with Joker 2 just to get ahead of HT for a mere few months? Seriously. From the beginning, they were aware that preorders weren't as high and people were complaining about the sets. If they knew from the beginning and the knowledge they have competition, do you really think they would push that preorder at that time?

InArt should allow people to get for refund for cancelation including places like Kit, so he can allow for his customers as well. Then they could create the single release, or even do a single release for all 4 Jokers.

If not that maybe just make a sculpted single release to where its more like the TDK release.

Yeah I ordered the 2 pack but I really only wanted the red suit

I'm hoping they do a re-launch of Joaquin Joker. Would definitely get their red suit version. I don't see why there would be any backlash on the situation if people who already ordered just get some money back.

They knew in February the Joker 2 license requirement minimum would be lower than $1000. They didn't find out that that price minimum could be retroactively applied to Joker 1 until they recently got a memo from WB. Quoting John from the stream:

"were you prepared that backlash was going to come and what did you think internally"​
John: "We found out the day everyone else found out, and then we messaged our contract managers like what's going on, because immediately in the chinese market, the same response as the overseas market. The thing is why would we make 4 figures, it didn't actually benefit us in anyway, the reason why we made 4 figures is because we couldn't justify charging $1000 for just one. So we thought what was the best way to get best bang for the buck for the collector. It had never been done before, and the reason why its never been done is because the price had to be $1000. For the new movie, we knew in February when we met with WB, they said for the new Joker 2 movie we're gonna drop the retail minimum down from $1000 to $250, so we assumed companies would make Joker 2. So there was confusion which joker this was...-interviewer cuts in-​
interviewer: "And on the hot toys one it does actually say 'Joker 2' on there"​
John: "but on the memo that we received, it did say the new price point would be retroactively applied, so if they wanted to do or anyone wants to do Joker 1, they can now do it at $250. But prior to this certain date, it had to be $1000. When we started developing the figure, it had to be $1000.​

I'm hoping they do a re-launch of Joaquin Joker. Would definitely get their red suit version. I don't see why there would be any backlash on the situation if people who already ordered just get some money back.

They knew in February the Joker 2 license requirement minimum would be lower than $1000. They didn't find out that that price minimum could be retroactively applied to Joker 1 until they recently got a memo from WB. Quoting John from the stream:

"were you prepared that backlash was going to come and what did you think internally"​
John: "We found out the day everyone else found out, and then we messaged our contract managers like what's going on, because immediately in the chinese market, the same response as the overseas market. The thing is why would we make 4 figures, it didn't actually benefit us in anyway, the reason why we made 4 figures is because we couldn't justify charging $1000 for just one. So we thought what was the best way to get best bang for the buck for the collector. It had never been done before, and the reason why its never been done is because the price had to be $1000. For the new movie, we knew in February when we met with WB, they said for the new Joker 2 movie we're gonna drop the retail minimum down from $1000 to $250, so we assumed companies would make Joker 2. So there was confusion which joker this was...-interviewer cuts in-​
interviewer: "And on the hot toys one it does actually say 'Joker 2' on there"​
John: "but on the memo that we received, it did say the new price point would be retroactively applied, so if they wanted to do or anyone wants to do Joker 1, they can now do it at $250. But prior to this certain date, it had to be $1000. When we started developing the figure, it had to be $1000.​

Whoever the interviewer is is wrong, yes there was one photo that had joker 2 on it, but the rest said Joker. Even McFarlan are doing this.

Back