InArt Phoenix Joker 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Between this problem, the poor execution of that Nazgul after a two-year tease, and the issues with The Batman shipping... InArt is having tremendous growing pains.
They’re fine. It’s just that the collective majority – is for lack of better phrase/words – ignorant as heck, impatient as hell, entitled and listen to any form of misinformation and run with it without critically thinking about how businesses operate.

At the end of the day, INART can’t control the narratives and agendas out there going against them, (all of China and of course the rest of the world is upset with them, and they should be aware of this) but what they could control or should realize is that they probably need to cater to the majority to a better extent or straight up provide better dumbed down elaborations on things, and need to stop underestimating the community in their demands.

I'm hoping they do a re-launch of Joaquin Joker. Would definitely get their red suit version. I don't see why there would be any backlash on the situation if people who already ordered just get some money back.

They knew in February the Joker 2 license requirement minimum would be lower than $1000. They didn't find out that that price minimum could be retroactively applied to Joker 1 until they recently got a memo from WB. Quoting John from the stream:

"were you prepared that backlash was going to come and what did you think internally"​
John: "We found out the day everyone else found out, and then we messaged our contract managers like what's going on, because immediately in the chinese market, the same response as the overseas market. The thing is why would we make 4 figures, it didn't actually benefit us in anyway, the reason why we made 4 figures is because we couldn't justify charging $1000 for just one. So we thought what was the best way to get best bang for the buck for the collector. It had never been done before, and the reason why its never been done is because the price had to be $1000. For the new movie, we knew in February when we met with WB, they said for the new Joker 2 movie we're gonna drop the retail minimum down from $1000 to $250, so we assumed companies would make Joker 2. So there was confusion which joker this was...-interviewer cuts in-​
interviewer: "And on the hot toys one it does actually say 'Joker 2' on there"​
John: "but on the memo that we received, it did say the new price point would be retroactively applied, so if they wanted to do or anyone wants to do Joker 1, they can now do it at $250. But prior to this certain date, it had to be $1000. When we started developing the figure, it had to be $1000.​
“Interviewer” when describing KeCo Collects 🤣

Which reminds me, if I were those guys, I’d ask John better questions. These guys repeat the same questions to John every time, and John responds back with the same old common sense. Seems like Will and Keco don’t get it, which in turn doesn’t do the rest of the audience any favors.

Which reminds me, if I were those guys, I’d ask John better questions. These guys repeat the same questions to John every time, and John responds back with the same old common sense. Seems like Will and Keco don’t get it, which in turn doesn’t do the rest of the audience any favors.

:ROFLMAO:

I should have just went with youtuber, I don't know who any of them are lol. But yeah most of those questions were snooze.

Correct, they just found out the other day about the retroactive lowering. They found out, according to John, about Joker 2 licensing in February.
Wait, February is when they launched PO..
Why didn’t they halt it and dial up WB? I just don’t see how WB wouldn’t make that clear when conducting a contract for the first film in the beginning. The amount of contracts they go through for licensing rights, you’d think they’d have it under wraps. They’re not the kind of company that likes much at chance outside of their control, leaving them open to legal action.

Last edited:
I’m not directly trying to be obtuse to InArt, I think for the price they should have a better likeness than Hot Toys to Joaquin Phoenix. I’m not telling them what to do, they can release it as is.

We talking about likenesses? I also think INART should upgrade their JP likeness. HT managed to capture it better and certain details like the diamonds shaping and color, or the position of the painted eyebrows or how there is a larger gap between the hairline and white makeup, etc. All things that have been mentioned to them on their FB posts.

We’re also still waiting on them updating the red suit, which they said they would.

Wait, February is when they launched PO..
Why didn’t they halt it and dial up WB? I just don’t see how WB wouldn’t make that clear when conducting a contract for the first film in the beginning. The amount of contracts they go through for licensing rights, you’d think they’d have it under wraps. They’re not the kind of company that likes much at chance outside of their control, leaving them open to legal action.
Joker went up for PO on January 30th this year. I'm guessing that's why he said they heard about Joker 2 license conditions in February. Basically saying we heard about Joker 2 after we went live with PO.

I would assume the contract negotiations were completed well before January when this dropped. Plus with this not being a global license and a small market reach in WB's eyes, I doubt WB cares too much about them yet. InArt/Queen signed a contract, so I doubt they have any grounds to open legal action

Sideshow/HT has a lot of pull in the US market. Just look at all the Hollywood people that wished them a happy 30th anniversary in their youtube video. They shut down Joost from selling Catwoman in the US, and I'm sure Manu other companies for other DC figures.

From left to right:

HT proto / Real / INART proto / Edit.

466A2A46-67AD-4DB1-AD0D-FD26DD9AC0AB.jpeg

I hope it conveys well, but when it comes to likeness and the face paint shaping, hairline details, I think Hot Toys did it better. The shaping of the diamonds. The placement of the red painted eyebrows on the IA are too high. Certain details like that.

Of course, neither of perfect and INART’s portrait is significantly better in terms of realism and paint apps, but if you were to combine the both, you’d get something a lot closer to the source. Both red paint on the mouth is too light, but the shaping is way more accurate on HT. The diamonds on both are missing green hues but I prefer how much more saturated they are on HT.

The Hot Toys sculpt is more accurate in every way, paint included.

Even the sculpted hair version is superior to the InArt, they need to do something about that, has nothing to do with the tough situation they’re currently in.

IMG_2872.jpeg

IMG_2873.jpeg

Said it from the beginning. I’d be pissed if I only wanted a red suit Joker and preordered either one of InArt.

I have the INART 2-pack on order and hope they optimize irregardless of Hot Toys. Both companies simultaneously updated their respective Battinson figures during course of prototype production, and I seriously hope this lights a fire under INART’s ass in hopes in proving they have the best 1/6 2019 Joker. The damage has been done, and sure, their offerings will be pricier, but it is what it is at this point and they should still focus on making it as freaking nice as possible. Cause despite the Hot Toys releases, they should still want to have the ultimate 1/6 2019 Joker set. Especially since it’s their first Rhodium release.

As of right now, the Hot Toys in the headsculpt just registers more as JP Joker to me.

D7D2FD0B-98A8-4E24-B710-194B18A83903.jpeg

They dont want to lose access to free ****, so in return they interview like ****.

The make up and hairline I've always seen needed correcting on Inart's but the actual sculpt underneath the paint? Can you guys point that out how it is less accurate than HT?

The make up and hairline I've always seen needed correcting on Inart's but the actual sculpt underneath the paint? Can you guys point that out how it is less accurate than HT?

It’s in the eyes for me, like TheBatman said. They’re just too glazed (?) on the IA? I have trouble picking up the JP likeness coming through. Phoenix’s cleft lip is also not as pronounced on the IA sculpt and it’s not off-center as it should be. HT got it.

I hope they both improve. Hot Toys sculpt looks great at the convention but that suit is a complete no go. I’d be spending $500 for the sculpt only to be looking to replace the entire outfit. Would be the same with INART depending on how the final suit comes out looking.

I’m curious to see JND’s take for this one. If they can do a better job on the suit than the other two, nail the sculpt and offer a bloody smiling second sculpt, I might be tempted. Not to mention by the time they get around to it, we’ll hopefully know how their Ledger Joker production figure looks like to determine their end quality.

Last edited:
JND is terrible, imo. They didn't even push the envelope with Ledger Joker so I have no reason to believe they’ll get things even more right than HT or IA. They could’ve come out with the definitive best 1/6 Ledger Joker in all aspects, but nah, still a plethora of inaccuracies we’ve all grown accustomed to seeing on mass produced Ledger Joker figures.

To be fair, KeCo doesn't see eye to eye with Will on InArt. KeCo has been very vocal about InArt, the influencer batch, and is pissed he doesn't have his Batman yet like the majority of us.

KeCo wants to have his own one on one interview with John on his own channel. He mentioned asking "tougher" questions if he gets the chance.

Back