InArt - Severus Snape Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandomHero

Super Freak
Reaction score
I can't wait to see more of this guy. One of the most well written characters of the last few decades. A must buy for me.

1727833939584.png

It's a start. Costume looks great. Sculpt looks a bit sleepy to me. I'm glad they're doing this sooner rather than later, hopefully Snape will give the line a bit of a shot in the arm after the trio seemingly underperformed.

Can't see why they wouldn't make a sculpted version, considering they did it for Aragorn. I can see why they would only do rooted for figures like Gandalf and Legolas, or Daenerys and Dumbledore, because of how long the hair is. But Snape is a prime candidate for having a standard version with sculpted hair.

Can't see why they wouldn't make a sculpted version, considering they did it for Aragorn. I can see why they would only do rooted for figures like Gandalf and Legolas, or Daenerys and Dumbledore, because of how long the hair is. But Snape is a prime candidate for having a standard version with sculpted hair.
Agreed, sculpted hair is a must!

Sculpt is pretty good so far.

Guess they're going for sad Snape, rather than villain Snape expression wise.

Hmmm, not currently feeling it. I know we can't expect custom quality necessarily, but given that InArt's costuming is usually pretty good, this is a little disappointing. Toribox's version looks very much like the 1:1

Hate the expression. It’s like mid-speech and very Bale Batman but otherwise looks fantastic.
Agreed. Almost like the Prime1 expression that is also open mouth, mid-speech. Wonder if JND will be going with a similar expression?

It's a good start, but needs some tweaking to perfect it. I can't wait for this figure! So pumped they showed this!

That Hermione sculpt needs more work. I feel like the last update to it went backwards in likeness. JND sculpt has it beat. I wish we had the option to only purchase the individual rooted Hermione from them.

i'm thinking InArt is gonna go the way of Hot Toys - show off a bunch of figures at cons that never get released. this being one of them.

i'm thinking InArt is gonna go the way of Hot Toys - show off a bunch of figures at cons that never get released. this being one of them.
I don't think there's any chance of that with Snape especially. They said way back they wanted to treat the Harry Potter line well and do something special for it. Maybe sales were down a bit that was a self-inflicted wound. I think Snape would be a decent seller for them, if for no other reason Rickman is a legend.

InArt is too new to be showing off prototypes for things and not releasing them. The characters they're showing off are all too big and important.

Yeah, I agree that seems a bit pessimistic. There have been a bunch of figures teased that we're still waiting on but the most we've waited since seeing an early prototype is a year, right? Not like the ten plus years we've been waiting for Hot Toys Catwoman/Penguin, etc. Like RandomHero says, the characters they're showing aren't really flavour-of-the-month characters that will quickly lose their appeal. However, I can see other figures being brought up in the release schedule, like Snape overtaking Dumbledore, if there's a sales-related motivation to do that.

Been waiting 2 years on Legolas and Nazgul, and that was InArt out of the gate.

InArt will likely move heavy into Anime/video games... and they'll lose me.

Kind of ironic, that a company that prides itself on realism wants to make characters from cartoons.

Back