InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys stop making fun of Bruce he’s getting sad🥺🥺

30D3AA13-81D5-4636-B0BB-3691F0B55A2F.jpeg

How are people dropping that amount of money on this?
same reason any one of us drops the money we do on these collectibles: b/c they/we like something enough to want to own it :dunno

How many times have we seen on this very board where many ppl have admittedly purchased something they don't even think is up to par by any stretch but they still purchase b/c they want to own the item enough in spite of its short comings? HT Doc Ock, Kate Bishop and ASM2/NWH Spidey 2.0 are recent ones let alone the countless other previous releases.

I mean, lets be fair, there was that custom fully suited The Batman figure that cost a lot of money (more than the InArt and HT if I remember correctly) that ppl willingly spent the money on it and is no where near the quality of the InArt, HT or JND based on pics and the review Justin did on it long ago that he bought from another collector. One could easily argue how are/were ppl dropping that amount of money on the custom given that it didn't even look like it was worth the cost? Not to mention the limited accessories, off likeness and not even a swap out Wayne sculpt in that cost. Ppl were mostly paying for the artist(s) involved and that it was a “limited” custom. The person who sold it to Justin couldn’t sell it fast enough the moment the HT was announced as I think the InArt wasn’t revealed yet.

Last edited:
Well guys is it really true that JND is stepping into 1/6 figure making as well? Was this hinted or announced by them?

same reason any one of us drops the money we do on these collectibles: b/c they/we like something enough to want to own it :dunno

How many times have we seen on this very board where many ppl have admittedly purchased something they don't even think is up to par by any stretch but they still purchase b/c they want to own the item enough in spite of its short comings? HT Doc Ock, Kate Bishop and ASM2/NWH Spidey 2.0 are recent ones let alone the countless other previous releases.

I mean, lets be fair, there was that custom fully suited The Batman figure that cost a lot of money (more than the InArt and HT if I remember correctly) that ppl willingly spent the money on it and is no where near the quality of the InArt, HT or JND based on pics and the review Justin did on it long ago that he bought from another collector. One could easily argue how are/were ppl dropping that amount of money on the custom given that it didn't even look like it was worth the cost? Not to mention the limited accessories, off likeness and not even a swap out Wayne sculpt in that cost. Ppl were mostly paying for the artist(s) involved and that it was a “limited” custom. The person who sold it to Justin couldn’t sell it fast enough the moment the HT was announced as I think the InArt wasn’t revealed yet.

Nah. I commissioned it because I was impatient. That simple.

Nah. I commissioned it because I was impatient. That simple.
Maybe so. But let’s be honest, you still spent a comparatively exorbitant amount commissioning that custom to which many would ask the same question you’re asking of those who ordered the JND, which is “How are people dropping that amount of money on this?” which is the point I was making.

I just find the double standard quite humorous :lol

Last edited:
Maybe so. But let’s be honest, you still spent a comparatively exorbitant amount commissioning that custom to which many would ask the same question you’re asking of those who ordered the JND, which is “How are people dropping that amount of money on this?”

I just find the double standard quite humorous :lol
I think its because the commission was probably worth what they paid compared to what people paid for the JND. Then again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder so if folks like the JND, then that's fine. Personally, for me, I think its a waste given the price they're asking for it

I think it’s because the commission was probably worth what they paid compared to what people paid for the JND. Then again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder so if folks like the JND, then that's fine. Personally, for me, I think its a waste given the price they're asking for it
But you could say that about anything really. You could easily reverse that and say the JND is worth what ppl are paying than what was paid for the custom. Some ppl who don’t collect custom items think that customs are a waste and too expensive, so it’s not exclusive to JND. Ppl who collect Mezco or Mafex may think HT aren’t worth the money. It works at all levels. Like you said, it’s all in the eye of the beholder.

My whole point was the irony and double standard in criticizing someone for purchasing the JND for the amount it costs, when there was someone (now we know who it was) that commissioned a custom item that is much smaller and, from what I can remember, was around half the cost of the JND plus or minus with likeness issues just like some are taking with the JND; while also appearing to be of lesser quality than not only the JND, but the HT and InArt as well.

Maybe I’m wrong about the price of the custom as I’m just going by what some folks posted on IG regarding the cost at the time. I’ll happily stand corrected. But, if I’m right, that’s still more than both the HT deluxe set that includes the bat signal (you might even be able to throw in the bat-cycle) and the InArt, at least the two rooted figures, maybe the even the super deluxe with the batsignal.

Last edited:
Back