InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to whip up my thoughts on the “influencer batch” but you summed it up perfectly.

I’ll just add but the only people who don’t like this are the current collectors. New people who come across these videos (I’d hope) would be mentally mature not to be upset or curse at the company when they’d realize that the product isn’t even licensed in their region or sold out. But what’d it do? Well, now they know the product exists and if they NEED IT, they’d have to do some extra research on how to obtain it and purchase it aftermarket, and they’d have to decide for themselves if they want it at that premium. But INART’s goal is met: this person knows about the brand now and now they know not to miss the next release they’d be potentially interested in.

I feel like the only people who have an issue with it stems out of envy or misplaced anger on behalf of others.

Mmmmmmmmm... they'll come across that video either way. If the goal is for people to be aware of Inart, influencer batch doesn't matter because their videos will exist either way. It only matters if the product being reviewed is still available because the money from the product bought in the secondary market won't go to Inart.

Where exactly is the OSK cape inaccurate? If it's only at the back I think I could live with it.

Mmmmmmmmm... they'll come across that video either way. If the goal is for people to be aware of Inart, influencer batch doesn't matter because their videos will exist either way. It only matters if the product being reviewed is still available because the money from the product bought in the secondary market won't go to Inart.
While the videos will exist anyway, much more people will watch them if no one has the figure yet, more views means more chances of it going trending and more new people seeing it. It's a snowball effect.

And you are correct, the secondary market money does not go to inart, but it raises perceived product and brand value. Think supreme and brands like that.

I respectfully disagree. While I don't like the influencer batch any more than the next collector and you are right that they should do reviews while pre-orders are still open, the influencer batch does make sense from a business perspective.

The influencer reviews get people talking about the product and the brand which not only increases brand awareness, but also raises aftermarket prices once the figure is available, making the product appear more exclusive and premium. Then, when people get their pre-orders a couple of months later, the same thing happens all over again, more buzz, more potential for new eyes on the brand. Not to mention that, believe it or not, more people will have their eyes open for the next preorder. Also, if people get the figure as the same time as influencers they won't be watching as many reviews, meaning less chances of the brand making waves on social media.

And if you don't believe me, just look at this forum's activity when the influencer batch dropped and now that people are getting the figure. It has popped both times, instead of just once if it all dropped at the same time.

There are plenty more reasons why the influencer batch makes sense. They KNOW us collectors DO NOT LIKE IT, but they still do it because it works and it benefits them. It sucks for us, but from a business perspective it makes tons of sense.

I appreciate you taking the time to read my post and your thoughtful response.

However I strongly disagree on the perceived ‘benefits’ because: most of the buzz POST I.B (Influencer Batch) shifts from praise of the figure to time of delivery.

We all see that happen on the various ‘Toy YTer’ weekly streams. No one likes it. “Amazing figure! But the wait time yada yada etc etc…it’s bull****, it’s crap! Where’s mine!!” I don’t follow the Asian market, but another poster here does and that person has shared with us that InArt’s strategy is also drawing heated criticism there as well.

I’m telling you man, whatever it is they’re trying to do regarding their brand awareness, it’s not working. It needs revisions.

I don’t know about anyone else, but if I were InArt, that’s not the kind of conversation I want associated with my brand. I want NOTHING but positive word of mouth. The ‘hype buzz’ and paying aftermarket prices will happen regardless of YTer or social media personality or influencer and their early coverage of the product.

I was going to whip up my thoughts on the “influencer batch” but you summed it up perfectly.

I’ll just add but the only people who don’t like this are the current collectors. New people who come across these videos (I’d hope) would be mentally mature not to be upset or curse at the company when they’d realize that the product isn’t even licensed in their region or sold out. But what’d it do? Well, now they know the product exists and if they NEED IT, they’d have to do some extra research on how to obtain it and purchase it aftermarket, and they’d have to decide for themselves if they want it at that premium. But INART’s goal is met: this person knows about the brand now and now they know not to miss the next release they’d be potentially interested in.

I feel like the only people who have an issue with it stems out of envy or misplaced anger on behalf of others.

C’mon Hyper, that’s not entirely fair to say that it stems from envy or misplaced anger on behalf of others. You and I are regs here and we see frustration, not envy. Collectoes are upset these figures are NOT presented in the finest way possible as well as the extremely long wait.

The frustration I displayed in my revi-…video was based on my own personal disdain for I.B, but the frustration felt not just here but other platforms as well was channeled.

And let’s be real here, no one’s gonna ‘nerd rage’ they missed out on an already PRE-sold out figure. Upset? Of course. If they truly want it, they’ll find ways in the aftermarket and will focus their attention on the next InArt preorder…that being said-

-here are some questions:

Does any of that change if I.B’s released around the same time as everyone else’s? If there were truly ANY advantages with I.B’s, how would a simultaneous release be DISadvantageous to InArt’s goal? How would it affect them negatively?

From my POV, everything you and batkev suggested will happen regardless of I.B’s. There are no pros.

Again, this is all MY OPINION. Just keep that in mind. I’m cool with everyone (or try to be cool) here. 😁😁

Last edited:
While the videos will exist anyway, much more people will watch them if no one has the figure yet, more views means more chances of it going trending and more new people seeing it. It's a snowball effect.

And you are correct, the secondary market money does not go to inart, but it raises perceived product and brand value. Think supreme and brands like that.

One of the problems with the influencer batch of Inart is the time it takes between the reviews and the regular buyers getting their products. You don't really get this much complaints when blogger photos or reviews from HT come out. I don't believe they're getting less views either. The time between the inart influencer batch and the product getting in to actual customer hands doesn't take up to 3 months. You still get the snowball effect. The other part is that there are still a good number HT products available at retail except for the Artisan stuff though. Whereas with Inart, you'd be hoping for an order cancellation for anything retail and that's at the end of the release cycle which is what? 6 months to almost a year?

The perceived value of a product can still increase regardless of influencer batch or not.

Again, disagree. 2-3 YTers with a substantial following isn’t enough to get any trend happening. You get something tending when MORE people are talking or making videos about it.

As for the supreme example…aren’t their products still available even after the initial wave and hype?

@BrooklynWolf X

While we may not agree with all the time, I respect/appreciate the hell out of you and your opinions. In no way did I wholly direct what I said prior towards you, rather in general.

I know I have polarizing opinions and perspectives on this hobby, but I’ll def address the questions at a later point, little busy atm :)

Edit: also @Bleah, will def circle back. I should’ve elaborated more.

I appreciate you taking the time to read my post and your thoughtful response.

However I strongly disagree on the perceived ‘benefits’ because: most of the buzz POST I.B (Influencer Batch) shifts from praise of the figure to time of delivery.

We all see that happen on the various ‘Toy YTer’ weekly streams. No one likes it. “Amazing figure! But the wait time yada yada etc etc…it’s bull****, it’s crap! Where’s mine!!” I don’t follow the Asian market, but another poster here does and that person has shared with us that InArt’s strategy is also drawing heated criticism there as well.

I’m telling you man, whatever it is they’re trying to do regarding their brand awareness, it’s not working. It needs revisions.

I don’t know about anyone else, but if I were InArt, that’s not the kind of conversation I want associated with my brand. I want NOTHING but positive word of mouth. The ‘hype buzz’ and paying aftermarket prices will happen regardless of YTer or social media personality or influencer and their early coverage of the product.

C’mon Hyper, that’s not entirely fair to say that it stems from envy or misplaced anger on behalf of others. You and I are regs here and we see frustration, not envy. Collectoes are upset these figures are NOT presented in the finest way possible as well as the extremely long wait.

The frustration I displayed in my revi-…video was based on my own personal disdain for I.B, but the frustration felt not just here but other platforms as well was channeled.

And let’s be real here, no one’s gonna ‘nerd rage’ they missed out on an already PRE-sold out figure. Upset? Of course. If they truly want it, they’ll find ways in the aftermarket and will focus their attention on the next InArt preorder…that being said-

-here are some questions:

Does any of that change if I.B’s released around the same time as everyone else’s? If there were truly ANY advantages with I.B’s, how would a simultaneous release be DISadvantageous to InArt’s goal? How would it affect them negatively?

From my POV, everything you and batkev suggested will happen regardless of I.B’s. There are no pros.

Again, this is all MY OPINION. Just keep that in mind. I’m cool with everyone (or try to be cool) here. 😁😁
It's all good man, it's an interesting discussion for sure. And you are right, it will happens regardless, it's just that with the influencer batch and the peasant batch being separate it happens twice, not just once if they release it all together. Personally, I think it's good marketing, and since they can't shorten the wait times right now, people would get upset regardless. Plus, it's common practice in many industries so the general public is pretty used to it by now.

That's my two cents, I'll shut up now 😁

I wonder if the Hot Toys utility knife can be made to fit the Inart chest piece somehow. Doubt it can work.

Definitely leaning towards Inart's gauntlets over Hot Toys'.

Can't make up my mind about the shoulders though. Neither one is on the money, but it can lean closer to either depending on different conditions.

Screenshot_20240729-014323_Chrome-01.jpeg
Screenshot_20240729-013920_Chrome-01.jpeg
Screenshot_20240729-014002_Chrome-01.jpeg

Wait -- so now InArt's gauntlets are better again, not HTs?

You guys need to make up your minds.
Hot Toy's gauntlets have too much contrast. The black is overbearing.

Might be that some prefer that from an aesthetic standpoint, but in terms of both aesthetic and accuracy, I lean towards Inart's personally.

I'm curious to see somebody use the Hot Toys hands though.

Although I think in that case, I'll forego accuracy for the more detailed and better looking hands of Inart's. I'm not sure the more contrasting blacks of the shoes and gloves are flattering to the design.

"Screen accuracy" is always such an ephemeral thing. Typically there are multiple versions of suits, depending on what the shot requires. A hero suit for up close detail shots, a general all purpose suit that is easier for the actor to move and wear, a stunt suit, which is typically simplified and has more rubber and padded pieces for safety.

Hell, The original Star Wars movies had virtually no continuity with their props, so outfits and gear would often change from scene to scene. I never get too hung up on "screen accuracy" because you're never going to get it and it's only going to ruin my appreciation and enjoyment of the figures.

"Screen accuracy" is always such an ephemeral thing. Typically there are multiple versions of suits, depending on what the shot requires. A hero suit for up close detail shots, a general all purpose suit that is easier for the actor to move and wear, a stunt suit, which is typically simplified and has more rubber and padded pieces for safety.

Hell, The original Star Wars movies had virtually no continuity with their props, so outfits and gear would often change from scene to scene. I never get too hung up on "screen accuracy" because you're never going to get it and it's only going to ruin my appreciation and enjoyment of the figures.
That’s why I tend to focus on things that are blatantly wrong. I commend anyone who’s striving for the most near-accurate figure down to the nitty gritty tee, but at some point, I just hang my cape and accept it.

I think there's a range with flexibility when it comes to accuracy. It's about aiming past a certain threshold.

People disagree about what an ideal Ledger representation looks like, but there's enough intersection in those discussions to set a foundation or a standard.

Best to start with the things that stand out and trinkle down to the finer details. As @HyperDrive said, you'll have to leave it at some point because striving for perfection is a never ending ordeal. And it stops being fun past a certain point.

Last edited:
Back