InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Second unrolled cloak only comes with orders made directly from InArt. The fake one is just rolled fabric, not an actual tailored cloak.

Yes that’s what I mean.

Scarecrow Jim said they didn’t get the cloak but TonTon said they did and look forward to seeing it unrolled.

My understanding is everyone gets the rolled one but it is a fake one.

An Inart Legolas reveal would be very welcome right about now. Gimli is holding his own, however.
I think Legolas looks pretty good in that shot - sculpt not quite there, but pretty good.

Anyway my Ranger cloak-less Aragorn is paid off today (thanks Kit for unfailing efficiency). (y)

Already looking around at cloak patterns; fabrics.....so far I haven't been able to get a handle on what the screen used cloak/cloaks were made of. Gonna assume wool - a fabric of choice for the outdoors. If I gotta make my own:pfft:, might as well be *authentic*.

Didn't know there was a whole world of humans/cosplay into Ranger cloaks. A lot of them seem to use linen. I can't see using that for a person who likely was in cold temps. Tho suppose I can try to match whatever the rolled-up cloak fabric is.

At least Aragorn's paid off.

I think Legolas looks pretty good in that shot - sculpt not quite there, but pretty good.

Anyway my Ranger cloak-less Aragorn is paid off today (thanks Kit for unfailing efficiency). (y)

Already looking around at cloak patterns; fabrics.....so far I haven't been able to get a handle on what the screen used cloak/cloaks were made of. Gonna assume wool - a fabric of choice for the outdoors. If I gotta make my own:pfft:, might as well be *authentic*.

Didn't know there was a whole world of humans/cosplay into Ranger cloaks. A lot of them seem to use linen. I can't see using that for a person who likely was in cold temps. Tho suppose I can try to match whatever the rolled-up cloak fabric is.

At least Aragorn's paid off.
From the research I've done and from close ups of the actual cloak, it appears to be a dark grey/green waxed cotton, similar to a Barbour jacket but any tightly woven cotton linen should look good for it.
lotr1-movie-screencaps.com-13360.jpg

4k-fellowship-movie-screencaps.com-18169.jpg

lotr1-movie-screencaps.com-7704.jpg

lotr1-movie-screencaps.com-7146.jpg

Guys, has anyone in the range till 95722 already received and payed thieir invoice? I got the email from Kit earlier this morning "to be ready to settle the invoice" but nothing has hit me yet. Not in a hurry, but I read on FB that some people have already got theirs immediately after the email, so... just out of curiosity.

From the research I've done and from close ups of the actual cloak, it appears to be a dark grey/green waxed cotton, similar to a Barbour jacket but any tightly woven cotton linen should look good for it.View attachment 725141

View attachment 725140
View attachment 725142
View attachment 725143

So are we going to start looking at tailors to make the cloak then? I'd guess Yunsil is way overbooked and we wouldn't see anything from her (block/scheduled in) for a couple years.

There's Iris, 2double8ight, Geewhiz, Siberian...who else could we look at?

Guys, has anyone in the range till 95722 already received and payed thieir invoice? I got the email from Kit earlier this morning "to be ready to settle the invoice" but nothing has hit me yet. Not in a hurry, but I read on FB that some people have already got theirs immediately after the email, so... just out of curiosity.
Yep. Received my invoice and paid.

Yes that’s what I mean.

Scarecrow Jim said they didn’t get the cloak but TonTon said they did and look forward to seeing it unrolled.

My understanding is everyone gets the rolled one but it is a fake one.
Yes, hence the wink. It doesn't seem like it has a hood to it.

Mmh, ok. Did the email say "your order is ready to ship by tomorrow thus we are going to send you PayPal invoice" or "...thus we have just sent you PayPal invoice" ?

“ Hi there

Thank you for your patience waiting for INART 1/6 Scale Lord of The Rings - Aragorn Premium Edition

Your order is ready to ship by tomorrow thus we are going to send you paypal invoice for the balance payment $420

Feel free to settle the invoice so that we could ship your order at our earliest

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,
Kit

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.”

The actual invoice followed 5 minutes later. This was about 8 hours ago.

“ Hi there

Thank you for your patience waiting for INART 1/6 Scale Lord of The Rings - Aragorn Premium Edition

Your order is ready to ship by tomorrow thus we are going to send you paypal invoice for the balance payment $420

Feel free to settle the invoice so that we could ship your order at our earliest

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,
Kit

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.”

The actual invoice followed 5 minutes later. This was about 8 hours ago.
Ok, thanks. The first part is exactly the same as mine (8 hours ago as well). However, I never got any invoice... Is there any likelihood they forgot to send it? Should I contact Kit?

Ok, thanks. The first part is exactly the same as mine (8 hours ago as well). However, I never got any invoice... Is there any likelihood they forgot to send it? Should I contact Kit?
Happened once to me so I’d definitely email him. But he also said on fb he is sending invoices today and tomorrow

Happened once to me so I’d definitely email him. But he also said on fb he is sending invoices today and tomorrow
I have just sent him an email, let's see what happens... again, not in a hurry but I want to make sure there isn't any issue since my order number falls in "first batch" till 95722 and he said he would have sent the invoices to those people firstly today, then all the others after that number tomorrow.

From the research I've done and from close ups of the actual cloak, it appears to be a dark grey/green waxed cotton, similar to a Barbour jacket but any tightly woven cotton linen should look good for it.
Hey, thanks!:)

The closeups help a lot - you're right, the fabric has a flow to it, as well as some wrinkling that seems more like linen than wool (as opposed to the Elven cloaks and Thorin's cloak which I think are wool). And I think finding a strong weave linen will be easier to find than a very fine, thin, wool but it's been a while since I tried to source fabric. Also the ragged edges I think are more characteristic of linen or maybe cotton.

I'm not paying InArt for something that should have been included in the box; if they even offer the cloak. Still irritated as I know when the fig gets here I'd expected to kit him out Ranger style, out of the box; now I've got some hours of work ahead. :pfft:

Now I just hope I get a decent head of hair; looks like that's gonna need some work as well tho am less worried about that.

So are we going to start looking at tailors to make the cloak then? I'd guess Yunsil is way overbooked and we wouldn't see anything from her (block/scheduled in) for a couple years.

There's Iris, 2double8ight, Geewhiz, Siberian...who else could we look at?

Looking at cloak patterns - as amazing as customizers are - for anyone handy not sure it's worth getting a custom job. Didn't know until yesterday but reading about "medieval" cloaks - a lot of them seemed pretty basic and/or randomly pieced together. Aragorn's cloak looks pretty beat up without a lot of shape.

The "custom" I'd like to hear from are the painters - what makes a sculpt look older? IMO this sculpt to me still looks too young.

Last edited:
Back