InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Legolas 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about this armor? Maybe we'll get some of that?

0d0c29c8118101d50e79379647e07bef.jpg

What's wrong with the outfit? Other than the comparison photo being in a completely different lighting condition.
D980F377-D560-45C8-B4EB-CC0F1825E7D5.jpeg

Angles! Lighting!

Regardless, look at the outfit. The two tone suede jerkin doesn’t have that worn and creased feel, nor does it have any sheen. The inner blue tunic color is too dull and unsaturated, again lack of sheen and I’ve seen others say the collar shape is off (hard to tell in this comparison tbf).

Is this when Inart solicits us for opinions on improvements, like with Superman?

View attachment 728450
Yeah they ain’t gonna do s*** and I’d like to believe the consumer base has had an effect to an extent. They probably realized they don’t need to go all out cause people will still buy (like they do with Hot Toys).

I think most people just don't care nearly as much about tiny little details that are wrong.

Sure there are a few things I think they could improve on that prototype but they could release it as is and I'd buy and be perfectly happy with it, as I'm sure the greater consumer would be.

I'd much rather they fix their crappy wrist pegs and have their hairing be more consistent across the board instead of tweaking an outfit that looks pretty good overall.

I think most people just don't care nearly as much about tiny little details that are wrong.

Sure there are a few things I think they could improve on that prototype but they could release it as is and I'd buy and be perfectly happy with it, as I'm sure the greater consumer would be.

I'd much rather they fix their crappy wrist pegs and have their hairing be more consistent across the board instead of tweaking an outfit that looks pretty good overall.
It’s very cheap looking in comparison, but I get it, most 1/6 collectors don’t care for the details (which is a head scratcher imo).

I love costume design so it’s always something I’ve been intrigued by when it comes to film in general.

Depends. Would I be okay with it? Yep. I’d be fine with some clothes the wrong shade.

But I would buy a custom outfit though

But The Asian demographic go absolutely nuts if something is wrong, and I love them for it. They are the ones who push for improvements. And are the target consumer for this IP

What ever mean thing that has been said about a company here is nothing compared to their forums where they curse you and your family

It’s very cheap looking in comparison, but I get it, most 1/6 collectors don’t care for the details (which is a head scratcher imo).

I love costume design so it’s always something I’ve been intrigued by when it comes to film in general.
I agree, I think costume design is becoming a little bit of a lost art. Everything is black or muted now. That's why it irritates me that so many GOT figures are from season 7-8, sure the show was dreadful in the last season but I get especially annoyed because the earlier seasons had some great colors and armor designs that got lost later on.

The 2000s-early 2010s had some awesome costume designs. It's a shame it feels like it's going by the wayside. Look at how lazy some of the outfits in Rings of Power look.

I'm certainly not knocking you for wanting accuracy, but at the end of the day, I just don't think the average collector cares enough to make the kind of noise that InArt would do something about.

I'm certainly not knocking you for wanting accuracy, but at the end of the day, I just don't think the average collector cares enough to make the kind of noise that InArt would do something about.
And that’s a shame.

They won’t optimize things unless there’s a major/general consensus – a huge uproar where everyone and their mother cries out where even the average collectors moan and *****, like they did about the Hermione seamed legs.

If people don’t care for these things or push back (mock and laugh at) on those craving more accuracy, then it’s game over.
game over GIF

Back