InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Legolas 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After an all night struggle between my indiscriminate spender self and my frugal self, frugal self was the winner. I purchased the Asmus Toys Legolas on eBay for under $200. Every time I look at the price for the InArt I feel a hand going into my pocket trying to get to my wallet. So far no regrets purchasing the Asmus even though it's been only 1 hour since I did the deed.

Last edited:
Preordered two from onesixthoutfitters. One for me and one for my niece who is obsessed with Legolas. Gonna ask my wife if she can do something about the braids :lol

InArt got his braids all wrong, apparently.

I do feel like InArt is expanding into other scales and expanding their business before "perfecting" their various previous tiers.

I feel like the gouge with Legolas is to help pay for that expansion. And that doesn't sit too well.

After an all night struggle between my indiscriminate spender self and my frugal self, frugal self was the winner. I purchased the Asmus Toys Legolas on eBay for under $200. Every time I look at the price for the InArt I feel a hand going into my pocket trying to get to my wallet. So far no regrets purchasing the Asmus even though it's been only 1 hour since I did the deed.

IMO at today's rising prices no-one is ever wrong for opting out of a statue or figure. It's a hobby; it's not supposed to turn into a strain. I don't regret purchasing Aragorn - even with my hair issues - and I'll pick up Thorin ONLY because he's my favorite ME character -

but I think I went down a rabbit hole with InART. Like I plunked down ~500+ for a fig and at the time didn't even think about it. It's only recently I slapped myself and was like, wait a sec, are u really of that economic class? Nope. It's like I was into the Old Toby.:lol

I do feel like InArt is expanding into other scales and expanding their business before "perfecting" their various previous tiers.

I feel like the gouge with Legolas is to help pay for that expansion. And that doesn't sit too well.

Whatever the *&^% they are doing, IMO they strike me as being all over the place - multiple licenses, figs, etc. I get trying to attract different fan groups but too much, too fast you get sloppy work and inaccuracies, which is already happening.

I think we are starting to normalize that paying $500-$600 for a figure is ok. Idk, figures look amazing and I'm happily paying for that but one part of me feels wrong, dirty, like doing something I shouldn't lol

A soon as we don't normalize JND prices too...

I think we are starting to normalize that paying $500-$600 for a figure is ok. Idk, figures look amazing and I'm happily paying for that but one part of me feels wrong, dirty, like doing something I shouldn't lol

A soon as we don't normalize JND prices too...

:lol Well said tho. Think that's what I'm trying to say WTF am I doing. I've shelled out close to that for 1/4 scale poly (usually on a payment plan). But I don't buy massive amounts of statues or WETA environments. It's particular pieces like Sideshow's Obi-Wan.

Guess for me it'll come down to if that's what's normal - even if the figs look great - I'm out except for some select figures, and not often. (Thank you ASMUS for the good times and my collection; waiting on Thranduil). Waiting on Thorin if InArt actually makes him. I'll admire other people's collections who have a better income stream than mine.😁

Back