InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Legolas 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the license was for FOTR only? Definitely should be included as he uses it for half the movie.
It is, but licensors are weird - especially WB. Peacemaker wasn’t even allowed to have his gun come out of his holster.

How many 1/6 Legolas has there been since the last one that had it?

There's nothing to really understand. Companies will increase the price because they either A) They just feel like it or B) They have reasons behind that scenes that we'll never fully know. Licensing, greed, mandate from the license giver, actors asking for a higher price, etc. When has an increase in price in this hobby ever really been "justified"? Did Hot Toys slapping 5% of diecast in their Iron Man figure justify the increase of $200? No but they did so anyway and now Iron Man figures are $400-$450 for a little bit of metal. They're thankfully better proportioned now but that just came with time, not them asking for more money.

We're seeing the same thing with their Hono figures. Started off at $160 and they're now already at the $215 price point. Only took them 8 months and they started off the line saying they'll be "entry graded' priced. This isn't the first nor the last we'll see a price increase. They don't care. None of these companies do.

These figures costing more doesn't mean you're getting a better figure either. That's the sad reality and always has been. Hot Toys/INART/JND isn't thinking "Oh we're charging $50 more for this figure, it should be $50 more accurate and higher in quality".

RrPrVit.png
I understand what your saying but in your picture they are quite different figures in the way they look and are two different licenses. The Iron Man license I feel will cost more than the X-men licence.
Makes me feel like they are just fleecing customers after seeing high after market prices.
There's less accessories with a cheap looking outfit plus taking away the magnets should at the most equal the price with the time difference taken into account from the release of Aragorn.

It is, but licensors are weird - especially WB. Peacemaker wasn’t even allowed to have his gun come out of his holster.

How many 1/6 Legolas has there been since the last one that had it?
Only the two Asmus versions; first one was FOTR and second was TTT.

Honestly, INART has allowed the most vocal consumers to have an effect on them at the cost of ensuring quality and accuracy, IMO. Legolas is still “premium” to me, but it’s not as “premium” as it could’ve been.

Back