InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Legolas 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just because they have the time doesn't mean they'll use it. Aragorn and Superman had inaccuracies that folks pointed out which still made it to the final product. For the price point, they either need to nail the prototypes or show a better commitment to making improvements, IMO.
True and the fact they prob got shitton of POs (mine included) regardless of how accurate [or not] the proto looks does not help the situation. They corrected some inaccuracies...at least. Thing is, a lot will preorder (and a lot did) and hope for the better giving them credit for both Gandalf and Aragorn than waiting to buy upon release. So the "hold your horses", I mean wallet will not work with them. They are not StarAce. Besides, I cannot see myself putting any other FOTR/LOTR figure next to InArts, with the exception of Asmus Gimli.
InArt is riding the wave... I for one, am curious to see how that will turn out. Im 46, so hope to live long enough for that.

Popculcha has the best price for US people. It's only $521 shipped to US for me. I also have a 10% coupon so $471... hmm.

I'm just looking forward to see what they add/change because this figure does seem pretty overpriced right now. But I haven't really seen a full production release from them yet that I think that the price tag was too ridiculous for what you got.

I really feel that it is part of InArt's marketing strategy to give a generally pretty great prototype with a few things that obviously need changed/added. After they get the first round of preorders they start looking at social media to see people flipping out about the inaccuracies, or things they left out of the prototype. Then, every so often, they announce a change based on "consumer demand" to keep the name InArt on everyone's tongue. Not to say they don't actually change things based on what we think, I just think they have planned changes that they want to relase slowly from day one to stay relevant and continue to move more preorders during their long development cycle. Even if its not part of the strategy, they still end up putting out pretty incredible figures (with enough QC issues to be mildly concerning).

Either way, they (and kit) still have my money.

I'm just looking forward to see what they add/change because this figure does seem pretty overpriced right now. But I haven't really seen a full production release from them yet that I think that the price tag was too ridiculous for what you got.

I really feel that it is part of InArt's marketing strategy to give a generally pretty great prototype with a few things that obviously need changed/added. After they get the first round of preorders they start looking at social media to see people flipping out about the inaccuracies, or things they left out of the prototype. Then, every so often, they announce a change based on "consumer demand" to keep the name InArt on everyone's tongue. Not to say they don't actually change things based on what we think, I just think they have planned changes that they want to relase slowly from day one to stay relevant and continue to move more preorders during their long development cycle. Even if its not part of the strategy, they still end up putting out pretty incredible figures (with enough QC issues to be mildly concerning).

Either way, they (and kit) still have my money.
Just imagine how grateful we’ll all be if the Mirkwood bow and quiver get added and his princely cloak is rectified. The price will instantly become entirely justifiable.

Consensus will shift right back to ‘InArt are the best! They really listen to the community and want to provide the best and most complete product. Hot Toys only do this when they’re threatened by collection.’

INART is catering to the majority and generally speaking, the majority doesn’t care for accuracy nor are privy to details even if narrative related. Those days of Optimizations are over. I was expecting it to happen, but not this fast.

INART is catering to the majority and generally speaking, the majority doesn’t care for accuracy nor are privy to details even if narrative related. Those days of Optimizations are over. I was expecting it to happen, but not this fast.
tumblr_7dfb79360fa28b8c8147c360a20eab66_8007a58c_540.gif

I hope so too – and I personally owe it to you for the Aragorn optimizations – but Superman has shown they won’t. There needs to be a massive uproar (a “general consensus” in INART/John’s words) to get them to make changes where even the “normies” are clamoring (Hermione seamed legs).

I hope so too – and I personally owe it to you for the Aragorn optimizations – but Superman has shown they won’t. There needs to be a massive uproar (a “general consensus” in INART/John’s words) to get them to make changes where even the “normies” are clamoring (Hermione seamed legs).
It's a difficult one to gauge now. When they showed the Aragorn prototype they were still new and wanted to impress and to be fair, their original Aragorn needed a lot of work and I was glad to hound them into submission to improving it.

My concern now is that they have gotten too cocky and feel stubborn enough not to make any adjustments or add the missing items. The Mirkwood gear requires a full bow, quiver, arrows, straps and buckles and the Rivendell cloak needs to be completely redesigned. Oh and the hair needs fishtail braids. So there are a lot of adjustments required straight away. Maybe we will see them adjust one of the above but the price is so eye-watering that if they don't improve at least one of the above, it's going to be tough to keep wanting to paying for incomplete products from them, regardless of how good they look.

Last edited:
It's a difficult one to gauge now. When they showed the Aragorn prototype they were still new and wanted to impress and to be fair, their original Aragorn needed a lot of work and I was glad to hound them into submission to improving it.

My concern now is that they have gotten too cocky and feel stubborn enough not to make any adjustments or add the missing items. The Mirkwood gear requires a full bow, quiver, arrows, straps and buckles and the Rivendell cloak needs to be completely redesigned. Oh and the hair needs fishtail braids. So there are a lot of adjustments required straight away. Maybe we will see them adjust one of the above but the price is so eye-watering that if they don't improve at least one of the above, it's going to tough to keep wanting to paying for incomplete products.
I was more so referring to when they optimized it (per your suggestions) in April 2023 after their official solicitation announcement in January 2023.

I don’t think they’ve gotten cocky myself, it’s more like they’ve learned – that it’s more cost efficient – to be complacent to a degree and imo, it’s because of the community. The entitlement (uh oh, this word will trigger some) and largely, the impatience from the majority is to blame, IMO.

They’ve probably realized that the general consumer will buy no matter what, so they can take a page from Hot Toys’s book where they largely get away with whatever. This is just my own personal speculation but it’s how I see it. It’s a shame to be witnessing this transition occur so quickly.

On top of those optimizations they should do for Legolas, I also think they should “age” the two tone suede jerkin and add sheen to it and the inner blue tunic, but I seriously doubt they’ll do anything. Also, they’ve allegedly consulted with Wētā Workshop and it seems like they have some impact/role to play here as well.

I was more so referring to when they optimized it (per your suggestions) in April 2023 after their official solicitation announcement in January 2023.

I don’t think they’ve gotten cocky myself, it’s more like they’ve learned – that it’s more cost efficient – to be complacent to a degree and imo, it’s because of the community. The entitlement (uh oh, this word will trigger some) and largely, the impatience from the majority is to blame, IMO.

They’ve probably realized that the general consumer will buy no matter what, so they can take a page from Hot Toys’s book where they largely get away with whatever. This is just my own personal speculation but it’s how I see it. It’s a shame to be witnessing this transition occur so quickly.

On top of those optimizations they should do for Legolas, I also think they should “age” the two tone suede jerkin and add sheen to it and the inner blue tunic, but I seriously doubt they’ll do anything. Also, they’ve allegedly consulted with Wētā Workshop and it seems like they have some impact/role to play here as well.
I really hope it's not a case of getting away with putting out any product and people will buy it but rather a case of ignorance and not fully grasping the intricate designs and various variations in weaponry and costume in these movies. Sometimes it needs the public eye to scrutinise your work and draw attention to overlooked details.

Could it be the actual licensing fee driving up the prices of these figures? The Nazgûl is so overpriced no matter how you look at it that it's the only reason I can think of...it's certainly not the work required to produce it!

I really hope it's not a case of getting away with putting out any product and people will buy it but rather a case of ignorance and not fully grasping the intricate designs and various variations in weaponry and costume in these movies. Sometimes it needs the public eye to scrutinise your work and draw attention to overlooked details.

Could it be the actual licensing fee driving up the prices of these figures? The Nazgûl is so overpriced no matter how you look at it that it's the only reason I can think of...it's certainly not the work required to produce it!
Since they consult with Wētā Workshop, I do think they have more than enough input on the costume designs and whatnot, where INART is more than capable of achieving more accuracy, but I theorize it has more to do with finding the cost effective balance where it benefits the licensor and also INART. I bet they look at market trends where they find out that the general 1/6 consumer doesn’t give a f*** about more accuracy, hence omitting certain details.. Just my speculation.

Since they consult with Wētā Workshop, I do think they have more than enough input on the costume designs and whatnot, where INART is more than capable of achieving more accuracy, but I theorize it has more to do with finding the cost effective balance where it benefits the licensor and also INART. I bet they look at market trends where they find out that the general 1/6 consumer doesn’t give a f*** about more accuracy, hence omitting certain details.. Just my speculation.
It could be aye. My main point of contention is that these movies have been around for almost 25 years which is more than enough time for even the most casual fan to notice when something isn't correct on the details. Working with Wētā is brilliant but considering they have all the costume and props to hand, it only makes it more frustrating for us the consumer to have to point out the inaccuracies...

It could be aye. My main point of contention is that these movies have been around for almost 25 years which is more than enough time for even the most casual fan to notice when something isn't correct on the details. Working with Wētā is brilliant but considering they have all the costume and props to hand, it only makes it more frustrating for us the consumer to have to point out the inaccuracies...
I 100% agree with you.

I think the casual fan has taken notice of the blatant Mirkwood bow omission, so if anything is to be optimized, that’d be it. “D’oh!”

But the braid type inaccuracy and other “minute to the majority” details? Nah.. instead the casual fans mock those who raise attention to that.

I 100% agree with you.

I think the casual fan has taken notice of the blatant Mirkwood bow omission, so if anything is to be optimized, that’d be it. “D’oh!”

But the braid type inaccuracy and other “minute to the majority” details? Nah.. instead the casual fans mock those who raise attention to that.
I'll settle for the Mirkwood gear and forsake the rest! 😅

Out of curiosity watched this last night. It's a review of the Batman signal so I won't link . (https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHjppGoDHgY)

What got me is the original owner saying that InArt told that him he broke it on purpose. Plus, the issues, and not just the paint. If that's true, that's pretty bad of InArt :poop: . Got no doubt there are plenty of scams out there, but doubt there are hundreds of scammers whose favorite crime is scamming in the 1/6 figure world. There are far more lucrative scams out there.

No way I'll buy any more from this company unless it's from a vendor with a good return policy and a great reputation for customer service. I don't care what the reasons are for InArt jump-through-hoop CS policies. Maybe fundamentally they are just not nice people. Who knows. I had to think hard about this Legolas but having attitude is a great way to make sure those "on the fence" will sit this one out. Of course, they may not care if a fig sells out anyway.

Consensus will shift right back to ‘InArt are the best! They really listen to the community and want to provide the best and most complete product. Hot Toys only do this when they’re threatened by collection.’

Yeah. Until something goes wrong, or the blu-tac, or you get a broken bow or bows, etc.

Last edited:
Haven’t pre-ordered Legolas. Got the Artisan Harley Quinn unexpectedly so not wanting to pay another large deposit.

I think InArt is to the phase where they know people are willing to pay whatever they ask even if it’s not truly worth the price. I see their prices creeping up more and more which is a bummer as they were high to begin with.

Out of curiosity watched this last night. It's a review of the Batman signal so I won't link . (https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHjppGoDHgY)

What got me is the original owner saying that InArt told that him he broke it on purpose. Plus, the issues, and not just the paint. If that's true, that's pretty bad of InArt :poop: . Got no doubt there are plenty of scams out there, but doubt there are hundreds of scammers whose favorite crime is scamming in the 1/6 figure world. There are far more lucrative scams out there.

No way I'll buy any more from this company unless it's from a vendor with a good return policy and a great reputation for customer service. I don't care what the reasons are for InArt jump-through-hoop CS policies. Maybe fundamentally they are just not nice people. Who knows. I had to think hard about this Legolas but having attitude is a great way to make sure those "on the fence" will sit this one out. Of course, they may not care if a fig sells out anyway.

Yeah. Until something goes wrong, or the blu-tac, or you get a broken bow or bows, etc.
I think we’ll agree to disagree on where we inherently stand when it comes to INART, but after watching this particular video, I also got the sneaky suspicion he broke it himself. I also felt I’d break every single thing he mentioned was “broken in transit” as I was unboxing mine. Some of the “issues” he highlighted like the signal not being able to maintain a higher position is in bad faith too, I mean it’s supposed to sit on that ledge… lol. Overall, I take this person’s review with a grain of salt and the “issues” he outlined aren’t real QC issues, imo, but I know, YMMV. Now that’s not to say there aren’t legit QC issues, but the whole Joker blu-tac debacle, exposed glue, the Gandalf Cheerio One Rings, etc. have all been overblown out the wazoo, imo. The person also has an opposing opinion and interpretation to me when it comes to the whole “who are these so-called influencers influencing?” so yeah, I may not be the audience for this particular video lol.

Imo, from the get go, one should’ve always purchased these products (given most of us live in unlicensed regions) from the most reputable stores like OneSixthKit, for example. I’m sorry, but it’s on the individual if they purchased from less reliable sites. Has nothing to do with INART on that end, IMO.

I criticize INART for certain things they do and I’m not saying there aren’t QC issues or variance throughout batches (my Ledger Joker has very minimal green dye in the rooted hair), but overall, I don’t think they’re as bad as some make them seem, especially considering they’re making mass-produced products. Just my own personal opinion.

Last edited:
I think we’ll agree to disagree on where we inherently stand when it comes to INART, but after watching this particular video, I also got the sneaky suspicion he broke it himself. I also felt I’d break every single thing he mentioned was “broken in transit” as I was unboxing mine. Some of the “issues” he highlighted like the signal not being able to maintain a higher position is in bad faith too, I mean it’s supposed to sit on that ledge… lol. Overall, I take this person’s review with a grain of salt and the “issues” he outlined aren’t real QC issues, imo, but I know, YMMV. Now that’s not to say there aren’t legit QC issues, but the whole Joker blu-tac debacle, exposed glue, the Gandalf Cheerio One Rings, etc. have all been overblown out the wazoo, imo. The person also has an opposing opinion and interpretation to me when it comes to the whole “who are these so-called influencers influencing?” so yeah, I may not be the audience for this particular video lol.

Imo, from the get go, one should’ve always purchased these products (given most of us live in unlicensed regions) from the most reputable stores like OneSixthKit, for example. I’m sorry, but it’s on the individual if they purchased from less reliable sites. Has nothing to do with INART on that end, IMO.

I criticize INART for certain things they do and I’m not saying there aren’t QC issues or variance throughout batches (my Ledger Joker has very minimal green dye in the rooted hair), but overall, I don’t think they’re as bad as some make them seem, especially considering they’re making mass-produced products. Just my own personal opinion.
Agree with you. (y)

Back