InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Nazgul 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The “headshape” needs to have a rounder longer shape to it, needs to appear like it has defining support. The figure & horse look a bit underscaled, the Nazgul looks too small on it. Angle may play a part in some of it but not all.

IMG_3199.jpeg

IMG_3200.jpeg

IMG_3198.jpeg

The “headshape” needs to have a rounder longer shape to it, needs to appear like it has defining support. The figure & horse look a bit underscaled, the Nazgul looks too small on it. Angle may play a part in some of it but not all.

View attachment 718322

View attachment 718319

View attachment 718320
Agreed. The shape of the hood is the "likeness" of the Nazgul, and it's something Asmus and ACI missed every time IMO.

It's far from perfect, but if I was able to get this out of a random piece of black fabric I had laying around about 9 years ago, InArt should be able to get this right as well. I have faith in them improving it until the release.

IMG_7572_2_small.jpg

The hood shape, cloth edge detailing, metal rings, leather straps and metal armor are parts they need to ace mostly. Is the horse flocked?

I'm hoping they get the costume right. Obviously they need to say no to the hood seam, but I'm also hoping they nail the layering, hang and weathering. Fabric choice is key. But I'd also love to see some of the super subtle details, like the fancy embroidery along the edges of the frayed sleeves. If you've ever seen the costumes up close (like in the traveling museum exhibit they did) there are some very cool and very understated details like that to suggest they were once royalty.

I really want to know who they have pose their figures for these Cons and Events, because they can be the most inconsistent poser I’ve ever seen.

I'm hoping they get the costume right. Obviously they need to say no to the hood seam, but I'm also hoping they nail the layering, hang and weathering. Fabric choice is key. But I'd also love to see some of the super subtle details, like the fancy embroidery along the edges of the frayed sleeves. If you've ever seen the costumes up close (like in the traveling museum exhibit they did) there are some very cool and very understated details like that to suggest they were once royalty.
As InArt demonstrated with Gandalf; if a detail isn’t overtly visible on camera, it’s not important.
I won’t be holding my breath for any fancy, subtle embroidery- but they will need to do something special to justify their prices for a Nazgûl.

The question is if InArt or JND will be first to solicit the hobbits.

JND also skipping core cast first and aiming straight for the hobbits may be a cost-benefit option, and they're electing to use the Potter molds for the base bodies. If so, wouldn't that make them overscaled?

Back