InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Nazgul 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The question is if InArt or JND will be first to solicit the hobbits.

JND also skipping core cast first and aiming straight for the hobbits may be a cost-benefit option, and they're electing to use the Potter molds for the base bodies. If so, wouldn't that make them overscaled?
If the hobbits are taller than 20 cm (8 inches) than they are overscaled.

It's going to be JND first on the Hobbits. They just announced it Friday.
Screenshot_20240811_034519_Brave.jpg

Q2/3 2025 still gives Inart a little time to get a prototype of Frodo and Sam together, and beat JND to announcing... well, half the hobbits. Assuming that Legolas is being put up around October, an announcement of those two Hobbits could be six months to nearly a year later and still match up with JND's timeline. I suppose the Nazgûl could get in the way, though.

JND also skipping core cast first and aiming straight for the hobbits may be a cost-benefit option, and they're electing to use the Potter molds for the base bodies. If so, wouldn't that make them overscaled?

Have they confirmed that they're using the Potter molds for the bodies? That sounds wrongheaded to me, there's no way that would be close to being in scale.

Their skin will be hyper-detailed to an off putting and almost uncanny degree and they will cost 8k for all four.
True, I don't know how these would look next to the InArt LOTR figures. You either will have the silicone sculpt or the sculpted hair. To get all 3 rooted Potter figures and the Quidditch one it costs $2060 so I would assume it would be somewhere are $2k-2.2k for the rooted silicone Hobbits. Probably around 1.2k-1.4k for the Lite versions.

Q2/3 2025 still gives Inart a little time to get a prototype of Frodo and Sam together, and beat JND to announcing... well, half the hobbits. Assuming that Legolas is being put up around October, an announcement of those two Hobbits could be six months to nearly a year later and still match up with JND's timeline. I suppose the Nazgûl could get in the way, though.

Have they confirmed that they're using the Potter molds for the bodies? That sounds wrongheaded to me, there's no way that would be close to being in scale.
My guess is Legolas will be the last InArt figure announced this year sometime in October even thoigh we havent seen a prototype which is odd for InArt. They still have to announce Dumbledore, Daenerys, Nazgûl, Rick, Darryl, and Neegan just from prototypes that have been shown.

Unfortunately I don't see these being announced by InArt by Q2/Q3 of next year.

Based off what they’ve said in streams, I think the 3 that will be announced this year are BvS Batfleck (3-pack), Daenerys and Legolas.

Idk about the Nazgûl.

They already said the TWD trio will be put up for PO next year.

Dumbledore, Reeve Superman and TDK Batman are stuck in limbo somewhere lol

Also, they said they’ve been working on Frodo and Sam (yay for me, as I want them the most from LotR) and they seem like they will be following Legolas, which imo, is smart. No one would care about them if they make Gimli or Boromir after Legolas.

No, they haven't. But, aside from InArt having done them recently, I don't see why JND would not go for other characters. Even here, you can see people are semi-adverse to the Hobbits in favor of the "big" characters.

All I can speculate is that they said, "we have these smaller body toolings now, can we beat InArt to the lunch and just get some extra use out of them?".

My guess is Legolas will be the last InArt figure announced this year sometime in October even thoigh we havent seen a prototype which is odd for InArt. They still have to announce Dumbledore, Daenerys, Nazgûl, Rick, Darryl, and Neegan just from prototypes that have been shown.

Unfortunately I don't see these being announced by InArt by Q2/Q3 of next year.

It would probably involve altering their release schedule a lot, but I could see them making an effort to get there before JND.

The Walking Dead figures will probably have to be paced out over next year so that people who are collecting that line don't have to cop three big pre-orders in a row, and there's still variety in the pre-order announcements. Recently we've seen Inart's Hermione pushed forward to boost sales and possibly to get out there before JND announced their trio set. Michael Jackson was initially supposed to go up before her, but that changed out of necessity. So they've demonstrated they're willing to change their plans to be competitive.

The hobbits might be a difficult sell as it is... I just think Inart might want to prevent JND eating into their market share.

Asmus Gandalf The White with Shadowfax was $400 yeah?

I can see this probably falling around the same price.
$400 is steep imo for a faceless and hairless character that is almost completely covered with robes. It would be even more on Kit.

I believe Aragorn was $390 directly from InArt.

$400 is steep imo for a faceless and hairless character that is almost completely covered with robes. It would be even more on Kit.

I believe Aragorn was $390 directly from InArt.
$400 is also steep for an Asmus figure but everyone seems to have eaten that up :lol.

But I wouldn't pay it, as cool as it looks.

$400 is also steep for an Asmus figure but everyone seems to have eaten that up :lol.

But I wouldn't pay it, as cool as it looks.
Agreed, but at least you got a decent looking head sculpt with rooted hair.

Hopefully they offer two versions, one with and one without the horse. I don’t see myself paying $400-500 for a Nazgul.

Back