Iron Man 2 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought Obadiah was a much better villain. He seemed more threatening because Tony Stark thought he was a father figure and he was caught off guard. Jeff Bridges character was more fleshed out and I thought the scene with him and pepper was quite tense. Nothing like that in the second movie. The drones were lame, they were so easily beaten and I never felt like tony and rhodie were in any great danger. IM gets his butt kicked in the first movie but in this one they made him too powerful and the action was too one sided.

I thought Obadiah was a much better villain. He seemed more threatening because Tony Stark thought he was a father figure and he was caught off guard. Jeff Bridges character was more fleshed out and I thought the scene with him and pepper was quite tense. Nothing like that in the second movie. The drones were lame, they were so easily beaten and I never felt like tony and rhodie were in any great danger. IM gets his butt kicked in the first movie but in this one they made him too powerful and the action was too one sided.

He got his ass kicked pretty good in both fights with Ivan, and if Rhodey hadn't been there, very well could have lost. And I don't think he saw Ivan coming during the race. As for betrayal, you could look at as his father betraying Ivan's father. Not the same effect I agree but it's still there.

3 is coming, it will have War Machine and Tony back to back again I'm sure, it would be hard to top Ivan if they made him give TOny too good a lashing. The same way its going to be impossible to top the Joker.

I hope if they do make a 3 it has a formidible villain. Personally I still think the joker has potential to be topped. There are a handful of interesting villains in batmans universe even the realistic ones.

But Ivan is controlling the drones more or less, I see it as he was participating in that entire battle. They are an extension of him.

I mean really, Tony fought War Machine, the Drones, AND Whiplash all in the finale, that trumps just Iron Monger in my mind.

And obviously, his time to shine was really at the Grand Prix.

He may have been controlling the Drones ..but i still don't count that as part of the final whiplash battle .. The real fight began once Ivan landed down beside Tony and Rhodey in his new suit ..and it ended about a minute later:ohbfrank:

He may have been controlling the Drones ..but i still don't count that as part of the final whiplash battle .. The real fight began once Ivan landed down beside Tony and Rhodey in his new suit ..and it ended about a minute later:ohbfrank:

I can see that but still, how long does the final Doc Ock or Joker battle last. And they were IMO, all a bit less anticlimatic. If he had been able to put up a fight against two suits for a long period of time, with Stark having upped the power in his reactor no less, what would it take to be a threat in 3. Anything less then criplling him would be viewed the same way were criticizing this.

:goodpost:100% agree with you Obadiah was a way better Villain!

I can see that but still, how long does the final Doc Ock or Joker battle last. And they were IMO, all a bit less anticlimatic. If he had been able to put up a fight against two suits for a long period of time, with Stark having upped the power in his reactor no less, what would it take to be a threat in 3. Anything less then criplling him would be viewed the same way were criticizing this.

Spiderman 2 had the epic fight on the train. I love that scene. Much better than anything in IM 2. Looking back tho, that movie also had some very poor elements. Doc oc was awesome tho

I can see that but still, how long does the final Doc Ock or Joker battle last. And they were IMO, all a bit less anticlimatic. If he had been able to put up a fight against two suits for a long period of time, with Stark having upped the power in his reactor no less, what would it take to be a threat in 3.

Spidey encountered Doc Ock enough trough the course of the film to make up for that ..+ there final battle was decent enough compared to IM2 ..the same goes 4 joker.
But really ..i know it doesn't seem to bother u that much ..but i know allot of people feel the same way i do about the final battle ..they could have easily stretched the scene out a bit more if they wanted to .. especially when you consider the build up to it.

I'd love to see a hot toys spiderman and goblin on the glider. I also would like a toilet seat made of gold but it's just not on the cards

I hope if they do make a 3 it has a formidible villain. Personally I still think the joker has potential to be topped. There are a handful of interesting villains in batmans universe even the realistic ones.

I think Two-Face should survive and be the lead bad guy for the next one. In TDK he was only out for revenge, but if he takes it to the next level in the next one I think he'd be an awesome villain.

As for IM3, I think Mandarin is a lock, and I think he's going to be a great villain.

Did the Mike post any review of this? Going to see it only on Monday.

While our opinions all seem to be different from one another, I'm willing to bet that if we all got together over some beer and milk and compiled our top 10 list of superhero comic book movies, I can almost guarantee that these would all be on our lists, in no particular order:

IM1
IM2
BB
TDK
SM1
SM2
X2
1978 Superman
Blade 1

I'll leave the 10th spot blank, you guys and gals pick.... I'm tired.

While our opinions all seem to be different from one another, I'm willing to bet that if we all got together over some beer and milk and compiled our top 10 list of superhero comic book movies, I can almost guarantee that these would all be on our lists, in no particular order:

IM1
IM2
BB
TDK
SM1
SM2
X2
1978 Superman
Blade 1

I'll leave the 10th spot blank, you guys and gals pick.... I'm tired.

Watchmen DC
Kick-Ass
Spider-Man
TDK
Batman Begins
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
X2
Spider-Man 2
Batman

Bought some Custom Oakley sunglasses today in Iron Man Colors.

Here's my Iron Man Custom that I have coming.

IronMan-1.jpg

Well said, IM1 and IM2 together make for what I believe to be the ultimate Marvel movie, the quintessential superhero excitement superbly captured on film.

These 2 movies watched back to back = FUN

Batman can keep his blackhole of a heart, I'll glady set up shop in the universe Marvel is creating here.

I could almost taste what the Avengers will be like, and I like what I smell so far!

Btw, best Stan Lee cameo.

Every negative comment I've read I simply didn't see or feel...:dunno
Completely agree man.

Watchmen and Kick-Ass were both better then TDK.
:lecture :yess:

As someone once told me and these were my exact sentiments, "Dark Knight worked so hard to be realistic and serious, that it forgot to be fun". I've had a lot of fun watching Iron Man 1 & 2.

But Ivan is controlling the drones more or less, I see it as he was participating in that entire battle. They are an extension of him.

I mean really, Tony fought War Machine, the Drones, AND Whiplash all in the finale, that trumps just Iron Monger in my mind.

And obviously, his time to shine was really at the Grand Prix.
That's the way I saw it, the final battle was against War Machine, the Drones, then Whiplash. Nothing about it seemed short to me.

Watchmen DC
Kick-Ass
Spider-Man
TDK
Batman Begins
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
X2
Spider-Man 2
Batman
For me it goes...

Spider-Man