Iron Man 2 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where was Ms. Munn?

She was a reporter at the Stark Expo.

btw As a Iron Man fanatic... Yes I am! Seen the original movie multiple times and have thousands spent towards the character. I have owned Iron Man Issue 1 since I was a kid. Figured that type of introduction into this thread was necessary since the fan boys will have at me since I am about to say what I feel...

I felt this movie had too much going on, and didn't really know which direction it was going. I felt there was too much missing from it that the first had. It was okay, but not as good as the original. Disappointment doesn't come to mind, but I did expect more. This isn't a **** movie like the first.

Last edited:
Yeah, there sure was a lot going on. I felt it was well put together though.

I would have liked to have seen more Whiplash and less Hammer instead.

Ugh, I hate it when people are irresponsible parents in movie theaters. When I went to see POTC:DMC there was a poor kid in the theater who was so bored. Then halfway through the movie his parents wouldn't take him to the restroom so he started yelling, "I HAVE TO POOP".

i just hate parents that dont know how to discipline their annoying, whining, crying kids. (i.e. most american parents) :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Yeah, there sure was a lot going on. I felt it was well put together though.

I would have liked to have seen more Whiplash and less Hammer instead.

I thought it had too much going on that it hurt the story. And I am not a big fan of Whiplash. In the movie there were some phony scenes, and periods where I was like, okay... I know it's a comic movie, but it just didn't feel as believable as the first. Plus the Iron men have pulsars. He just has his electric whips, and shouldn't that car have crushed him? Meh... Either way, just a movie, but one I didn't enjoy no where near as much as the original.

i just hate parents that dont know how to discipline their annoying, whining, crying kids. (i.e. most american parents) :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

I e-mailed the theater suggesting they implement the "text to alert staff" system that some sports stadiums have in place. Here's a description of the plan that is in place at Miller Park:

Play Nice - Be a Friendly Fan The Milwaukee Brewers are debuting a service under which fans will have the opportunity to instantly and discreetly alert stadium personnel to any fan behavior issues by simply sending a brief text message from their cell phone. Fans may report misconduct by texting BREWERS, followed by a space, then their seat/ballpark location and specific concern to 41513. After the message is received, Miller Park personnel will monitor and dispatch the appropriate staff to respond. Should further information be required, stadium personnel will respond via a text message or call. Standard message rates apply.

If I could just send a text to have an usher observe what's going on, and then hopefully do something about it, I'd probably go to more movies.

I e-mailed the theater suggesting they implement the "text to alert staff" system that some sports stadiums have in place. Here's a description of the plan that is in place at Miller Park:

If I could just send a text to have an usher observe what's going on, and then hopefully do something about it, I'd probably go to more movies.

Thanks for the Miller park info. Not that I go to games too often but this is good to know!

I also agree this needs to be implemented in theaters. Definitely call up Marcus!

Oh great posters whining about noisy brats in a movie theatre. Get over it guys, must we endure this in every movie related thread? That's part of the risk you take on when you go and see movies like Iron Man 2.

Oi. Lets focus on the movie. I also didn't like how easy Rhodes character was able to get into the suit and use it vs. Tony Stark which took him a third of the movie. hehe

Whiny little thread brats.

Oh great posters whining about noisy brats in a movie theatre. Get over it guys, must we endure this in every movie related thread? That's part of the risk you take on when you go and see movies like Iron Man 2.

Oi. Lets focus on the movie. I also didn't like how easy Rhodes character was able to get into the suit and use it vs. Tony Stark which took him a third of the movie. hehe

Really Eli....really?

Although I haven't seen this movie yet. :D

I to agree. The movie had about 8 different plots I believe going on at once...... phew. It was good, but it was missing something that the 1st one had.

It was okay to good. It tried too hard. Almost bordered along the lines of Spider-Man 3 in terms of too much going on and some really phony baloney rushed scenes.

For some of the 'big' or more 'adult' type of shows, my theater has started a 21+ screening. So nobody under the age of 21 gets in. No babies, toddlers, kids, or teenagers. I've never used it as going to movies is a big family event for my family, but I think it is a great idea. So if you have annoying people in your theater then, then you have the right to kick the crap out of them IMO.

They also have resereved seating, which is absolutely freaking fantastic! No more waiting in 2+ hour lines for the big movies for good seats. I don't miss those days 1 bit.

T-minus 1 hour before I'll be at the theater waiting for this :rock

For some of the 'big' or more 'adult' type of shows, my theater has started a 21+ screening. So nobody under the age of 21 gets in. No babies, toddlers, kids, or teenagers. I've never used it as going to movies is a big family event for my family, but I think it is a great idea. So if you have annoying people in your theater then, then you have the right to kick the crap out of them IMO.

They also have resereved seating, which is absolutely freaking fantastic! No more waiting in 2+ hour lines for the big movies for good seats. I don't miss those days 1 bit.

T-minus 1 hour before I'll be at the theater waiting for this :rock

Those type of theaters rock! We have two in our general area...only one has reserved seating though. I would use them more but they are on the other side of town. Still awesome idea.

Back