Iron Man 2 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I think Tony is enough of an attention whore that the entrance is totally him. And why did he jump out of a plane? Because it was really friggin' cool! What more reason does there need to be? :lol

that's right! ITS TONY.....NOT IRON MAN! But that's how he arrived. Iron Man is & was the identiy that served as an out let for Tony. Iron Man enables Tony to be selfLESS. & seriously dude.....jumping from a plan is cool to you? I mean its only been done in a million movies.

(Flashing lights and the sound of warning buzzers)

CREDIBILITY FAILURE! CREDIBILITY FAILURE!

PLEASE PROCEDE TO THE NEAREST CREDIBILITY KIOSK AND HAVE THE TECHNICIAN RUN A DIAGNOSTIC TEST ON YOUR OPINION CHIPBOARD. DO NOT USE YOU CURRENT OPINION DURING ANY FURTHER ACTIVITIES UNTIL ANY NECESSARY CORRECTIVE ACTION HAS BEEN TAKEN.

Have a nice day.:D

:lecture :lecture Yup. I'm not sure what bothers me more. That the turd hasn't been banned yet, or that despite having them on my ignore list I still have to read their ridiculous posts because people keep quoting them.

ok people brace your self & gird your loins because Queen is about to rip Iron Man a new one. 1st I'll give my score, 3.75 stars out 5. I'm just gonna skim over the film & point out the good & the bad from start to finish.

I hated the opening! why did he jump from a plane? he can simply fly from HQ right. Next is that SUPER TACKY entrance. Yes Tony is a drunk play boy (& i'll talk more about the drunk part in a second), but Iron Man is NOT & WOULD NEVER PIMP HIM SELF OUT IN SUCH A COMMERCIAL TACKY WAY! I mean what a way to just ruin the public image of Iron Man. Now let's talk about the "drunk substution" that Marvel thought they could sneak under our noses.....oops, maybe I should say MY NOSE. After all I'm sure this film has no shortage of "THIS FILM CAN DO NO WRONG" GROOPIE.

But just as fan came to their senses about the Bay Transformers fiasco, the same is true about Iron Man. Once the hype wears off fans will be able to see the film for what it really is.......mediocer (like my spelling LOL).

OK let's jump to the one & only scene that wows the mind. The race track scene was WICKED COOL but its a pity it only involved Iron Man at the end. I think I'll point out at this time that the plot of Iron Man2 was just a lame re-hash of the 1st movie. I crazy older man hell bent on stealing Stark tech & kill Tony......Hmmm now where have we seen this before? OH THATS RIGHT THE 1ST MOVIE! ok so its PAINFULY OBVIOUS that Marvel didn't want to run the gamble of soccor moms crying foul about the Booz hound making their spoiled brats think is cool to get ____ faced & invent bad ass things like Iron Man. Unfortunately this spell a fatel blow for the adult fan who has the real power to make or break a comic film (& don't feed me any of the jedi mind trick crap about children being the money market)......cause if there were any truth to that Transformers animated & all the teen toons shows would have been a major success like the toons of the 80ies were. Yet Hollywood refuses to see the light &.... BRB

sorry but my wi fi is down. 1 of my house mates fell behind on the rent & as it turned out he had an internet addiction that's so bad he wouldn't go to work. well his mom paid the back rent on the condition that the wi fi be cut off to make the chat junkie looser get a job.

ok now were was I. yeah so dispite the endless fail of all the pre teen toons like elementry spider (boy), avenders (of the play ground), & Transformers (the baby years) hollywood still insist on making & catering to these crap fest! Ok let's move on. The Hammer Robot expo scene was a sad rip off of ROBO COP ED 209 MEELEE BLOOD BATH..........minus the cool blood bath (like I said the kiddies will have nightmares boo freaking hoo).

I will admit the adress the Congress Scene was bad ass when the pilot was rip in half by the Hammer suit. but sadly the cool senes were far too few to make the movie great.

The end was a steaming pile of B.S.!! 1st Roady (oh & Don sucked & choked on the roll). But Roady stabs our hero in the back by stealing one of the Iron Man suits & turned it over to the goverment. Now I would not expect any of you white people to know this, but in the hood we call a move like that......"a cheese eatin nygga bytch movie). Cheese=meaning what the goverment give out as a bennifit, which would be Col. Roads' fancy gov job. So Roady who's supose to have Tony's back come hell or high water goes all "brainy smurf IM GONNA TELL PAPPA SMURF" on Tony. & to make matters worse, Don did a lame job! dude did nothing but say the lines. he brought nothing to the character at all. I understand now why Howard wanted more money. Think about it for a second. If you got paid X amount for doing a bit part in the 1st film (& let's be honest, the only reason Howard got paid that amount was cause he was a hot star that stole the show in Crash). He was a major star that the 1st film desperatly needed to draw the crowds (espeicaly the black demo). RDJ was still embattled with a checkard past & Marvel didn't know if his name.....BRB

ok I'm back. so yeah RDJ just didn't have the star power to draw the crowds for the 1st film so they reached for Howard who filled the role perfectly. BUT.....now that the franchise is able to stand on its own they wanna kick the brotha who helped Iron Man obtain its mesure of success, to the curb. The roll of Roady in the 2nd film was considerably longer. so hell yeah I want more $$$ to do more acting. I don't blame him for passing on the film.

ok....on to the boringly predictable ending. So after Roady get a re-boot all seems to be buddy buddy again between him & Tony. I mean dude knifes him in the back & with 1 re-boot alls well pffft! But it dosent really matter any way. After all at this point Iron Man due to poor character & script devlopmet is nothing more than a........SUIT! I mean Iron Man is nothing more than a weapon. no different than the latest big gun. I also found it strange how Iron Man hardly ever spoke in the 1st or 2nd film. I loved the robot sounding voice, it really gave you a feel for Iron Man as being his own person. So why the hell did we get so little of it?

I'll tell you why! POOR ACTING CHOPS!! Its always been the mark of a great actor that can convey their character from behind a mask. a geat example of this is William DeFoe as Green Goblin. Yet in the 2nd film we see his son (I forget his name) his mask quickly flips away because he's just another carbon copy pretty boy Hollywood keeps on retainer by the dozen!! RDJ is not that good looking & his acting skills are just as.....so so.

Also I noticed that when his traitor best friend got his reboot & was doing the wing man thing, BOTH of the voices sounded like it was trasmitting over a walkie talkie rather than the iconic Iron Man voice. so this film just bleed points from evey hole.

so the end was anti climatic & marked the end of a too long movie.

well I guess that it. don't worrie, I know you hate my review. just do what they all do. claim my thaughts are worthless due to bad spelling.

fail in progress :panic:

Your grammar is apaulling. I can't take you seriously.:). I think I understand your review and i totally agree. But 3.75 out of 5 is quite high considering you didn't like it.

I never said I hated it. just that it failed to live up to its potential. Hell I don't even read comics like to many fan boys do. I should have been easy to win over cause I have no preconcived notions about Iron Man story BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Three posts for one review... :rotfl

And at least Miles trolling posts make some semblence of sense as opposed to...whatever that mess was.

And yes, jumping out of airplanes is cool. Especially when there are fireworks going off around the person while AC/DC's shoot to thrill is blaring in the theater.

The John Debney score is not out until July the 7th
Seems a bit faraway for movie that is out now.
I did like the AC/DC soundtrack, but I think I can only remember Shoot to thrill and Highway to hell being used in the movie, and Highway was used in the end credits.

The John Debney score is not out until July the 7th
Seems a bit faraway for movie that is out now.
I did like the AC/DC soundtrack, but I think I can only remember Shoot to thrill and Highway to hell being used in the movie, and Highway was used in the end credits.

song 10 was used when the drones surrounded IM & WM

Iron Man 1 and 2 are great movies people. I dont know why people are acting like Iron man 2 is one of the worst movies ever. I like this movie because is like borderline on the R rated. I can picture what scenes could have the f bombs and what scenes should have more violence but I understand its base on a popular comic and they cant go for a Strong R rated. Besides that it was a fun movie.

Three posts for one review... :rotfl

And at least Miles trolling posts make some semblence of sense as opposed to...whatever that mess was.

And yes, jumping out of airplanes is cool. Especially when there are fireworks going off around the person while AC/DC's shoot to thrill is blaring in the theater.

What he said :clap

sorry but my wi fi is down. 1 of my house mates fell behind on the rent & as it turned out he had an internet addiction that's so bad he wouldn't go to work. well his mom paid the back rent on the condition that the wi fi be cut off to make the chat junkie looser get a job.

ok now were was I. yeah so dispite the endless fail of all the pre teen toons like elementry spider (boy), avenders (of the play ground), & Transformers (the baby years) hollywood still insist on making & catering to these crap fest! Ok let's move on. The Hammer Robot expo scene was a sad rip off of ROBO COP ED 209 MEELEE BLOOD BATH..........minus the cool blood bath (like I said the kiddies will have nightmares boo freaking hoo).

I will admit the adress the Congress Scene was bad ass when the pilot was rip in half by the Hammer suit. but sadly the cool senes were far too few to make the movie great.

The end was a steaming pile of B.S.!! 1st Roady (oh & Don sucked & choked on the roll). But Roady stabs our hero in the back by stealing one of the Iron Man suits & turned it over to the goverment. Now I would not expect any of you white people to know this, but in the hood we call a move like that......"a cheese eatin nygga bytch movie). Cheese=meaning what the goverment give out as a bennifit, which would be Col. Roads' fancy gov job. So Roady who's supose to have Tony's back come hell or high water goes all "brainy smurf IM GONNA TELL PAPPA SMURF" on Tony. & to make matters worse, Don did a lame job! dude did nothing but say the lines. he brought nothing to the character at all. I understand now why Howard wanted more money. Think about it for a second. If you got paid X amount for doing a bit part in the 1st film (& let's be honest, the only reason Howard got paid that amount was cause he was a hot star that stole the show in Crash). He was a major star that the 1st film desperatly needed to draw the crowds (espeicaly the black demo). RDJ was still embattled with a checkard past & Marvel didn't know if his name.....BRB

Yeah, Howard was brought in because blacks otherwise wouldn't want to watch an Ironman movie. :slap
You seemed to have missed part of the under carriage of this movie where it concerns Rhoady.

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ccU7xQiKqLo&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ccU7xQiKqLo&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Back