Its time for the next Joe!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I pre-ordered Thor but I am likely to cancel because of the price. I had a hard time with the Zartan price but I paid it out of love for the line. I have already dropped all other lines except for Joe to stay in my budget. If SSC hits HT $200 Avg mark. Then, as much as I would hate it, I'm done for good.

Do you think Hot Toys price point raises manufacturing costs for Sideshow? If Sideshow thinks they can get a higher price because Hot Toys does, wouldn't Sideshow's factories think they could get more money because Hot Toys' factories do?

And if that's the case, which came first? Did Sideshow just raise their price because they thought they could, or did they have to because the factories raised their price?

You're assuming that both companies have the same profit margins.

We don't know what each companies costs are whatsoever.

Besides, I make my decisions based on my income vs the product cost vs the utility it provides...not what it costs to make.

I'm not assuming much because I don't know much. All I know is what it costs me and whether or not I want it. I figure out if I can afford it when it's time to pay.

All I'm suggesting is that Hot Toys may be inflating the 1:6 market wholesale---manufacturing as well as retail.

Hey it could be worse, DML could be making the Joe line.....

Destro would come with a Glock and a nylon jumpsuit, Baroness would be wearing contact lenses and Gung Ho would come with a Ranger patrol cap, M16A4, no flak jacket and no chest tatoo.

Notice how many HT 1:6s are still in stock? That's always my "told you so" moment of satisfaction.
And when was the last time a pre order went to a wait list.

The companies are only hurting themselves with their nonsense price grid and bragging rights to see who can get the highest paying customers.

Hot Toys is also destroying whatever collectible credibility they even had with me. Really reeealllly hope SSC doesn't view HT as a role model company for 1:6 scale.

Yup. They're having QC issues left and right, meanwhile prices are just going up. The new Widow is a prime example of how close Camelot is to crumbling. She doesn't even compare to the IM2 Widow and yet she's way more expensive?

Do you think Hot Toys price point raises manufacturing costs for Sideshow? If Sideshow thinks they can get a higher price because Hot Toys does, wouldn't Sideshow's factories think they could get more money because Hot Toys' factories do?

And if that's the case, which came first? Did Sideshow just raise their price because they thought they could, or did they have to because the factories raised their price?

I doubt the factories would get that much more money. Labor is still extremely cheap in China (comparatively speaking) and I'm more than certain if one plant raised it's manufacturing prices, there are plenty more willing to step up and manufacture the product for the lower price. While the cost of supplies are going up, I've no doubt so is Sideshow's profit margin..... considerably. Sideshow and HT remind me of the cereal fiasco a while back.

The next Joe is Mercer :)

img0439mw.jpg

Back