Jazzinc 1/6 Batman 1989 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t think that’s a valid excuse, you can purchase a used car at these prices. It stops being a toy when you’re having to put down $300 NRDs before production even begins.

Any and all QC issues need to be dealt with promptly, nothing gets swept under the rug. This is JazzInc’s biggest project with the most eyes on it, can’t implode. Take a step back and recalculate your moves going forward. I don’t care how long the process takes, ensure your customers are satisfied before advancing on any later batch or any other project. Integrity must be front and center now more than ever. These are real issues, do I believe he has what it takes? I do.
I get where you're coming from but what I find laughable is that after Joost has kept us in the loop every step of the way on this project (which is unprecedented save for previous Jazzinc products), some people seem to now think that means he should heed their every whim in terms of the design and manufacture of this car. Heck, if this was HT or any other company out there we'd have no avenue to communicate with the lead designer like we do with Joost, we'd have heard jack sh#t about progress on the product and we'd only know about any QC issues AFTER it was released and received by customers. I'm not saying that Joost shouldn't now look to address some of these potential issues that have arisen like the injection mold dents/ridges, but IMO arbitrary design changes like switching to diecast rims this late in the game makes no sense. First of all, anyone who owns an HT Iron Man knows that plastic can look every bit as good as diecast with a proper paint job. Secondly (and as you've mentioned), there are metal axles behind those diecast bat symbols, so whether the rim is plastic or diecast should make no difference in terms of the magnetic attraction provided it's designed correctly (i.e., there's adequate surface contact with the end of the axle).

It looks like I'm in the 2nd batch so hopefully the injection mold QC is no longer a concern by the time mine is built.

I'm curious what the price difference is between having this shipped by air vs. sea. As I recall Joost mentioned in a video that @Jedha Patrol had his shipped by air. Maybe he'll let us know. Prior to a few weeks ago I'd assumed this was going to be air freighted like my previous Jazzinc orders. Provided it's not significantly higher than the 2022 Batmobile I'll likely opt for the air freight again.

Guys, I'm going to have to remove the screen grabs for the social group because it's just toxic/abusive and one comment there bypassed the language filter. All I can say is, we operate things different here - as moderator, I wouldn't let any of that behavior go by without consequence.

Joost also happens to be a member on this forum, so I'm hopeful that he'll continue to provide updates whenever he sees fit for future and ongoing projects that come about. This one seems a little too late to make any changes by comparison.

Guys, I'm going to have to remove the screen grabs for the social group because one of the comments there bypassed the language filter. All I can say is, we operate things different here - as moderator, I wouldn't let any of that behavior go by without consequence.

Joost also happens to be a member on this forum, so I'm hopeful that he'll continue to provide updates whenever he sees fit for future and ongoing projects that come about. This one seems a little too late to make any changes by comparison.
Got it, sorry. Went ahead and deleted it.

It’s clear his magnetic connection doesn’t work, it’s clear no amount of paint will make those rims look more authentic. The metal axels do not protrude out past the rims to touch the bat emblems, making the entire rim metal will in fact make it a more secure connection, that’s two birds with one stone. Not just for looks. I’ll never be content with adhesive on a $2k collectible, sorry.

Again I’ve been pushed up to the second batch as well, (Oct. 31st) but I’m not selfishly hoping that as long as mine is fine, it’s a success, as you seem to be.

I personally despise all of these YouTubers, they’re of no help to anyone ever. An opinion shouldn’t make your order a priority over another. I don’t need to watch their video to make a decision. I have eyes, a photo shows me everything I need to see without the excess spew that is never factual.
All YouTubers have done is further divide customer and company.

You made the product, you know how it should look, you know how it should feel. Inspect it thoroughly, then ship to your customer issue free. It’s 3k vehicles, not 15k, you should be able to get 3k spotless vehicles out in a 6 month window, we genuinely don’t mind a delay if it means we’re to receive better quality. This thing will be in a case for years, what’s a couple of months extra in R&D?

I fully believe he can execute, the thing looks gorgeous, but these issues must be fought head on, now. Why are we seeing mold injections here as opposed to the earlier versions pre production, why are we being told there’s essentially nothing that can be done about that? BC’s car is screwed up, big time.

Last edited:
Could it be over exposed by the camera?
Maybe it won’t be so noticeable in natural light?

It doesn’t seem to be the same scale than the HT… impressive.
View attachment 725110
View attachment 725111
View attachment 725112
Star Wars GIF

I'm in the 2nd batch and if this issue isn't fixed for the 1st I don't know why it would be for the 2nd, 3rd or 4th. Seems like this could ruin what was supposed to be the ultimate 1/6 vehicle.

It’s clear his magnetic connection doesn’t work, it’s clear no amount of paint will make those rims look more authentic. The metal axels do not protrude out past the rims to touch the bat emblems, making the entire rim metal will in fact make it a more secure connection, that’s two birds with one stone. Not just for looks. I’ll never be content with adhesive on a $2k collectible, sorry.

Again I’ve been pushed up to the second batch as well, (Oct. 31st) but I’m not selfishly hoping that as long as mine is fine, it’s a success, as you seem to be.

I personally despise all of these YouTubers, they’re of no help to anyone ever. An opinion shouldn’t make your order a priority over another. I don’t need to watch their video to make a decision. I have eyes, a photo shows me everything I need to see without the excess spew that is never factual.
All YouTubers have done is further divide customer and company.

You made the product, you know how it should look, you know how it should feel. Inspect it thoroughly, then ship to your customer issue free. It’s 3k vehicles, not 15k, you should be able to get 3k spotless vehicles out in a 6 month window, we genuinely don’t mind a delay if it means we’re to receive better quality. This thing will be in a case for years, what’s a couple of months extra in R&D?

I fully believe he can execute, the thing looks gorgeous, but these issues must be fought head on, now. Why are we seeing mold injections here as opposed to the earlier versions pre production, why are we being told there’s essentially nothing that can be done about that? BC’s car is screwed up, big time.
Agree to disagree on the magnets. Clearly they're rather weak, but they do seem to work. Until I watched that last video I didn't realize that the wheel design didn't have an opening at the center to allow contact with the axles, but those magnets seem to hold just fine. And most diecast metals are non-ferrous and non-magnetic, so making the rims diecast isn't going to help the situation. Making the rims steel or cast iron is likely a non-starter in terms of weight and cost, plus would be overkill just to address a weak magnetic connection. Increasing the size of the small steel insert/magnet on the back of the Bat symbol seems a simpler solution. Regardless, it's not like we're going to be rolling these things around on the floor, so it's not a big problem in my view. You seem to think differently and that's fine. But I'm not going to lie, if those things fall off while just sitting on the shelf I will be a bit irritated lol.

I didn't mean to sound selfish with my 2nd batch comment, only that I think that's something they can address rather quickly with tighter QC in the injection mold process. There's always process variability as production equipment ramps up & gets dialed in, so I'm not surprised that an issue like this has shown up now whereas it probably wasn't seen in a handful of earlier test samples. Plus often initial pre-production parts aren't even from the final production supplier, so our speculating about what's changed can be a fruitless exercise.

I've become quite patient when it comes to my toys. I am perfectly willing to wait as long as it takes for these various issues that have cropped up to be rectified.

Canopy not sitting flush, gun panels possibly having a similar issue (Mr Mom's video), unintentional denting/injection mold flaws, unintentionally texturized paint areas, wheel rim and turbine nose cone paint maybe being a bit flat.

I can and would wait. Meantime, what do I do, finish paying? I would prefer not to in a scenario where doing so means my delivery gets brought forward only for later cars to get the benefit of a hypothetical QC overhaul where mine did not.

I've become quite patient when it comes to my toys. I am perfectly willing to wait as long as it takes for these various issues that have cropped up to be rectified.

Canopy not sitting flush, gun panels possibly having a similar issue (Mr Mom's video), unintentional denting/injection mold flaws, unintentionally texturized paint areas, wheel rim and turbine nose cone paint maybe being a bit flat.

I can and would wait. Meantime, what do I do, finish paying? I would prefer not to in a scenario where doing so means my delivery gets brought forward only for later cars to get the benefit of a hypothetical QC overhaul where mine did not.
Exactly, 100% agree.
I have held off on completing the rest of my payment until I see these issues are resolved. I’m fine going back to batch 3.

You have to vote with your wallet on these things, if it hasn’t improved yet, I reserve the remaining balance in my account and wait it out.

If it’s indeed full steam ahead, I agree with Buff, put me in the back. But we shouldn’t have to think like that, when I go to buy a new IPhone on launch, I’m thinking I’m getting a new phone with its only flaws being internally with updates to follow. No sacrificial batch should reach customers.

Last edited:

Those injection mold dents and ridges are not good. I can't imagine Joost isn't disappointed with that.

View attachment 725095

What's the problem? :dunno

You guys act as if the Batmobile never got banged around or took a little dent here or there. Did you see how he drove this thing in the Movies?? Do you want a pristine Batmobile like it just got delivered form the factory for the first time before ol' Brucey took it out for a test run? That thing is so long and wide I'm sure every time he drove it he sideswiped cars, ran into garbage cans, curbs, walls, ran a few dogs, cats and people over....

Get a grip people... :slap It's a real world used Batmobile. Looks realistic to me....

:monkey3:monkey3:monkey3:monkey3:monkey3:monkey3:monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

But seriously, for the price I can see that being upsetting.

Perhaps these test cars were used for the shipping test because they were defective off the production line and used simply just to see how the cars would hold up in transit. Maybe everyone is jumping to conclusions that every single car is going to be defective, but that may not be the case at all. Assuming these were the first ones produced out of the mould, assembled and painted that didn't pass final qc per se. Why not use these? All of the reviewers in this test batch are getting replacement cars it seems or at least from what I've gathered from the videos I've watched.

I don’t think anyone is jumping to conclusions that every car that comes out of that factory will be riddled with QC issues.

It’s the gamble, how many per batch will be flawed, how long will it take for everyone to receive theirs before deciding if they need a replacement? How can JazzInc afford to continue to have replacements at standby?

If there’s 3k units bought and paid for, with 800 of those needing replacements, he’d need to cover production costs for a thousand extra directly out of pocket. If you can’t ensure quality, you wait on the build or you’re stuck building more with zero profit.

Perhaps these test cars were used for the shipping test because they were defective off the production line and used simply just to see how the cars would hold up in transit. Maybe everyone is jumping to conclusions that every single car is going to be defective, but that may not be the case at all. Assuming these were the first ones produced out of the mould, assembled and painted that didn't pass final qc per se. Why not use these? All of the reviewers in this test batch are getting replacement cars it seems or at least from what I've gathered from the videos I've watched.

Could be possible. Joost hasn't denied or confirmed the issue is fixed or the dents will remain in the final production molds in the facebook thread, so maybe he has a trick up his sleeve and is just waiting for inspection to confirm the final production molds are fixed. I read they had 40 molds that Joost rejected; best case scenario is he used some of those rejected molds to test out this shipment quality.

Where's that photo that joost himself posted? Was that a production piece? Trying to find it if the mold indentations were present on that one.

I don't think Jazzinc would have deliberately and knowingly sent out defective molds to the Test Batch people.

For one thing, they would want to be able to distinguish between the production flaws and damage caused during shipping. The most surefire way of being able to do that would be to send out (at least what they considered at the time to be) a pristine Batmobile.

But also, Jazzinc, if they did know they were sending flawed molds, would surely have had to be up-front with all the test-batch people that this was not the actual car that they will end up with. I don't get the impression that's what happened here. Not sure how economical it would be for Jazzinc either. Who'd be paying all that extra shipping for the return of the initial car, for the shipping of the second car? I dunno. I suspect the hope would have been that shipping would go well without incurring damage to the cars and that the Test Batch people would have been happy with what they received - to not require a replacement, ideally.

Last edited:
Yeah definitely not intentional, the customer isn’t paying return shipping surely?

Also - return shipping is likely much more than the original shipping depending on which method they individually took. Then what happens when the replacement vehicle is ready to ship? Does that 2nd shipping payment come down on the customer? Or JazzInc? And if the customer opts for the faster air services on your dime?

JazzInc doesn’t have the resources to just fire out more builds than initially expected. He may be able to cover some, but he needs to get ahead of these issues quickly or it will get expensive real fast. I’m worried he’ll run out of funds and possibly have to just call it and release it as is, which no one wants.

I understand he likely needs more funds, although opening the waitlist a bit may just muddy the waters more by expanding the work load. Production fatigue is a thing and it’s best to know your capacity in advance.

It’s a tough spot to be in but if he can afford to not rush each batch, we should be ok.
Priority No. 1 is the indentations, paint is self explanatory.

Back