Jazzinc 1/6 Batman 1989 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Overall I do think this looks really good. The indentations are disappointing, but the other batmobiles have had indentations as well so I was expecting something similar. I feel like I would need to see it in person on the 89 to really know how much it would bother me. My 2022 vehicle also had some indentations but it really is like you have to be looking at exactly the right angle to see them and definitely aren’t anything you would notice on a daily basis.

Actually, the original has the same waviness

Joost I respect you and love that you are in the game and I want to see your company thrive, this is my first 1/6 scale vehicle of any kind and I don't care for the Hot Toys version. Pretty sure it's going to be my last 1/6 vehicle.

Reading the recent FB postings it's clear you guys consider this a minor nitpick. I have to say I fail to see how the real image of the 89 batmobile there exhibits any of the injection mold sinks we've been pointing out in your version. The real car there looks so much more clean free of any of the Jazzinc dents and waviness and warping, I'm actually kind of baffled it's being used as a good example to match the Jazzinc.

jazzinc batmobile injection sinks vlcsnap-2024-08-03-20h34m14s472.jpg

I think we won’t hear nobody complain after this…😅

Yeah this is still clearly a FAAAAAR superior Batmobile to the HT version. And I imagine it shouldn't be too hard to adjust your lighting so as to minimize any flaws. And in fact the same indentations were in Justin's video as well, but you barely noticed them because of his lighting.

Overall I do think this looks really good. The indentations are disappointing, but the other batmobiles have had indentations as well so I was expecting something similar. I feel like I would need to see it in person on the 89 to really know how much it would bother me. My 2022 vehicle also had some indentations but it really is like you have to be looking at exactly the right angle to see them and definitely aren’t anything you would notice on a daily basis.
I have the 2022 and I don't see any indentations. Of course that's got a much duller paint job so if they were there they'd be less obvious. I expect the 1966 would offer a better comparison given its gloss finish, but then I don't have that one.

I have the 2022 and I don't see any indentations. Of course that's got a much duller paint job so if they were there they'd be less obvious. I expect the 1966 would offer a better comparison given its gloss finish, but then I don't have that one.
Here’s an example. There are two indentations on the hood, but look at this picture of mine at this angle and it’s literally impossible to see them.

IMG_2480.jpeg

Here’s an example. There are two indentations on the hood, but look at this picture of mine at this angle and it’s literally impossible to see them.

View attachment 725369
I'll have to take your word for it on those dents being present lol. What's ironic is given how the movie meant for us to think Battinson modified/reinforced/welded this extensively in his garage, the finished product (in the movie) should have had dents all over the place. Good thing it didn't, otherwise Joost would now be dealing with Indentation-gate 2.0 lol...

There are these types of "imperfections" on all of JazzInc pieces (as well as on Hot Toys, ThreeZero, Enterbay, Blitzway, Sideshow, etc.). I've been very happy with my 1/6 collection in general, regardless.
JazzInc / Joost never said this would be "perfect".
They have produced exactly what they promised - "the most accurate 1/6 scale 1989 Batmobile". Plain and simple.
In my opinion, anyone who expects perfection because they spent $1500 on a toy, maybe needs to spend 10x, 100x, or 1000x more on a real car, or a house, or other very expensive product - there are always some flaws. The only time I've ever seen "perfection" as part of the mandate is in luxury watches.
Joost's only mistake was allowing the "community" so much access to him, his company, and his process. The growth of purchasers for JazzInc product grew because (contrary to Danoby2) people who have purchased JazzInc products (licensed or unlicensed) have been very happy with their purchase, and no other company were making them to that scale or detail - not because he has been so transparent to the 1/6 scale collecting community.
Expectations of perfection for 1/6 scale toys is (in my opinion), gross entitlement.
I also think that artificially manipulating a payment plan/schedule also shows a lack of integrity.
If the flaws are an issue for you, either cancel your order so that others (who may be less particular) on the wait list can purchase and enjoy their 1989 Batmobile, or sell it on ebay etc. when you receive it (you will almost surely make money).
And maybe I'm less discerning, but if these kinds of things really bother you, maybe 1/6 scale toy collecting isn't the right hobby for you.

I also think that artificially manipulating a payment plan/schedule also shows a lack of integrity.

I only recall a couple of posts by Nick and myself that this comment could be directed at. I feel you've misunderstood.

Without knowing exactly what fixing the discussed issues was going to entail, without knowing one way or another if Jazzinc was going to 'fix' all batches or just later ones, I suggested that I didn't want to complete payment at this time - which I'm not actually due to do anyway, it's telling me I could pay as little as $4.23 this month of the overall 250 still owed - if that meant I would be moved up into an earlier ''unfixed'' batch. Afterall, who would want to receive a Batmobile with flaws that other people's Batmobiles don't have? I don't think that's unreasonable.

However, as of the recent post and video we now know that Jazzinc will make a particular set of fixes to all Batmobiles. Good, I'm glad that the corrections that can be made will be evenly applied to everyone's car and I never had to worry about that.

Last edited:
Ok so here is another update on the 1989. This time about the dents. Please watch. This is what it will be in final production. Also we will address the mounting of the batlogos to the wheels, the silicone pads for the canopy and the packaging. That's it. All batches will be the same. We will not make any changes mid production. As for the molds, this is how we have made them from day 1 and in this single side light, you will see the same on the 1966, the 1995 and the 2022.

Great video about the indentations, Joost - seems like a non-issue.

Joost has now released a video on Facebook saying that he's made the difficult decision to increase moderation on the JazzInc group aimed at removing the hate and vitriol which has gotten out of hand, I can't say I blame the guy!

Indeed, a very necessary change to get things under control over there :lecture

No one is expecting perfection accurate to the word. The disappointment is greater here because of those indentations, you don’t see those on the Hot Toys 2.0 and that’s half the price. Imo that’s an issue that shouldn’t be overlooked, damn near everything else on this vehicle is gorgeous and truly a commendable effort. Having issues with the product doesn’t mean you hate it, prefer HT, or are “grossly entitled”, it means we’re so close to the finish line, why do we have to have these indentations set us back.

I reserve my final payment on anything before I see what will be arriving. I don’t care the brand. I canceled the HT ‘89 2.0 Keaton because of its flaws, didn’t need it that bad. I don’t want to cancel this, I want it displayed for years. I will wait it out and see how future shipments look. If I prefer to drop back to my original Batch 3 placement, that’s my decision.

Last edited:
I only recall a couple of posts by Nick and myself that this comment could be directed at. I feel you've misunderstood.
Actually a-dev, I wasn't really referring to you or Nick specifically. I've seen a number of facebook posts, where people say "I'm just going to halt my payments, until I see more in-hand pics/videos", essentially suggesting that they will make JazzInc wait for payments that they had already agreed to. I don't recall a lot of Nick's posts, but I've seen/read plenty of yours over the years, and I know you've been a collector for a long time.

The issue I have with those facebook posts, is that it seems many (potentially newcomers) don't realize that JazzInc is not some big corporation or something, where individual piece sales don't matter in the grand scheme of things. With JazzInc, every sale counts, and that's how they've grown.
Sure there are some issues, not denying that. But anyone who has been exposed to JazzInc dioramas (which is what they always were) prior to the licensing agreements, etc., have seen a progression in quality and complexity with each release. Every piece has had issues that could be nit-picked or complained about. But at the same time, each piece has been a step forward from the last one.

All of the dramatics (and in some cases, hyperbole) on the Facebook group is going to change things for the worse, not the better. Joost will have no motivation to involve the collector community, when it comes to product launches, feedback, etc... I'm expecting that the days of having potential purchasers provide feedback, or vote on features during the design phase are over.
Essentially, they are going to have a response rate, and a return policy, similar to Sideshow, Hot Toys, etc.. And it's too bad, really.

PS,. I'm in no way looking to gatekeep the hobby. However, from what I've seen on the Group, many of the purchasers of the 89 Batbmobile are relatively new to the hobby, and their experience is limited.
So many complaints about time frame, shipping prices, and "entitled" expectations, not due to being bad people, but due to inexperience in this hobby. And for some (based on the comments/responses in that group), there is no educating them to help provide that experience.

At this point, the only reason I (for one) am still part of the Facebook group, is because I'm still very interested in current/future JazzInc projects.
A Goldfinger Aston Martin DB5 would be a must-buy for me. Similar to my Batmobiles, if there are some flaws, it will still be a spectacular addition to the collection...

Well yeah, there’s no saving FB, any crowd.

A lot of us have been collectors for years, some of us are simply more picky on what enters their life. These vehicles are massive, I need to be in love with the final product, cancel, or sell for an up charge for my time, seller fees, and payments made over the year. This thing is four foot long, anyone intending on keeping this long term should be able to spin it around 360 degrees and say that’s a damn good product, I’ve no issues.

If the Hot Toys car had those indentations I could understand the argument, they don’t. The very inception of this version is to outdo, out class every other version, any scale, doesn’t matter. It should look better in every single aspect than its competition, again, doesn’t have to look better than the real car.
If there’s a way to fix them, it should be done, one of those indentations is so prominent down the front edge of the wheel well, how’s that ok.

Agreed, no saving FB.
And I understand that you need to be in love with the final product - I'm that way with other hobbies, just not with this one (I still have my older SS Bond figures, and GI Joe).
In my opinion, the Jazz Inc 89 does already outdo and outclass all the other versions. And with this, as well as other products, it's always a bummer if something only needs 1 little improvement to be "perfect". Super frustrating.
The reason companies don't make those changes/fixes at this stage of production, is because of costs/profit margins, as well as production logistics (factory time, etc.). I feel like collectors who have been in the hobby for a long time, are typically aware of that, so they make their own decision based on final product. Sure there is some venting/complaining on forums like here, but the stuff on FB is so ridiculous.

Well yeah, there’s no saving FB, any crowd.

A lot of us have been collectors for years, some of us are simply more picky on what enters their life. These vehicles are massive, I need to be in love with the final product, cancel, or sell for an up charge for my time, seller fees, and payments made over the year. This thing is four foot long, anyone intending on keeping this long term should be able to spin it around 360 degrees and say that’s a damn good product, I’ve no issues.

If the Hot Toys car had those indentations I could understand the argument, they don’t. The very inception of this version is to outdo, out class every other version, any scale, doesn’t matter. It should look better in every single aspect than its competition, again, doesn’t have to look better than the real car.
If there’s a way to fix them, it should be done, one of those indentations is so prominent down the front edge of the wheel well, how’s that ok.
As I'm sure you know, Joost was a fellow collector long before he ever started making dioramas, vehicles, etc.. As such I know he looks at these products and asks "Would I be satisfied with this on MY shelf?". In the case of a few of these dents I think the answer is obviously no, so while his official statement is that he "can't change anything this late in the game", I'm confident that he'll have the factory take a more critical view of the indentations with a renewed focus on minimizing them in the fill & sand process. Whether this will be sufficient to meet your standards only time will tell. As for myself, I'm pretty confident that given the poor lighting in my basement they won't be an issue. :lol

Haha fair enough. I intend on making this a front and center, centerpiece. Top shelf of a DF1801, in a largely white room that’ll get natural light (not direct) as well as secondary LED lights in the display and throughout the room. I never want to have to overlook issues, I try to fix them on all of the figures I own or sell them. I’m looking forward to his die cast Tumbler to possibly replace the HT as well, we’ll see. He might not be able to eradicate all of the indentations, but it cannot look like some of these test batch indentations, that’s a QC flaw.

Back