Jazzinc 1/6 Batman 1989 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must admit, I'm surprised to hear Joost say he will not fix these mold defects. This was supposedly his Mona Lisa, but I guess that is not the case after all. The simple fact that he seemingly knew about these issues from day 1 and never informed the fb group hurts me too. We collectors poured over frames of video footage hoping to see this delightful collectible become a phoenix and take flight as it became production-ready; Instead we notice something that should not, in any shape or form, be present, then highlight these inherent flaws in an effort to improve our beloved premium collectible, only to be belittled & shamed for it.

The collectible remains leagues above in terms of proportional quality than the Hot Toys equivalent. However I cannot & will not live with these manufacturing issues. I shall be taking mine apart to fill & sand & re-paint myself, since the Chinese factory can't seem to manage the process themselves. This may also be my last JazzInc vehicle. I've kinda had enough.

The issues we’re seeing have zero to do with packaging. You place any cardboard styrofoam box directly under pouring water for ample amount of time and you’re going to have wet product. JazzInc isn’t responsible for FedEx putting your package directly under your porch gutter on a rainy day for example.

I don’t understand how a vehicle from a small batch manages to completely skip the clean up process before paint. These issues are inexcusable from any brand, I like JazzInc. I had to return one HT Tumbler due to scuffed paint, not fun toting that thing in UPS.

What happens if we receive our vehicle, it’s got flaws in the paint, we ship it back, get replacement and it has different paint flaws than the last? This isn’t just going back to CA at SS warehouse, but overseas.
It’s like you don’t want to continue a process of exchanges on his dime because that’s not a pleasant feeling, but neither is not reaching out about issues on your car in worry that you’ll be bothersome. Are there any reports of issues with the remote? Or headlights / taillights, interior? That’s a big fear of mine, I need those to be able to function at anytime, for years.

gotta admit that after seeing some of these pics of the car body with warping in the panels, it is extremely disappointing and quite the eyesore... as joost posted its too late to change anything with the molds, but this isn't a mold issue. its after the mold process where it is happening and something that CAN be very easily smoothed out and address while sanding and painting. i'm sorry, but i'm just calling it what it is. it's either being lazy or avoiding a cost with the manufacturer not wanting to make sure the panels are smooth. the issues we are seeing are 100% fixable. i do it all the time on parts i make for customers and my own projects. nothing is perfect, we get it. and again, this isn't nit picking and looking for 10000% perfection. those wrinkles and dimples in the surface on those panels are large and very distracting and many in quantity. i saw them right away with many of the latest videos joost and others have provided... i chalked it up to test samples as that's what they were called and assumed the surfaces would be cleaned up on the production batches. i wasn't going to open my mouth but now seeing that it is boiling down to "it is what it is" mindset... sorry, that does not sit well with me. and sorry, but folks shouldn't be belittling people for expressing their concern over warped and wavy panels on this. not an issue of money or being a custom or fan boys or haters or whatever you wanna say... i have this fully paid for and i have other joost's products and i'm not a fan boy. if i paid $500 for this i'd still voice the same concern. end of the day, it's just not right and shouldn't be on the panels of the car, end of story. spend the extra 5-10 min per car and sand it smooth before painting and be done with it already.

it's just not right and shouldn't be on the panels of the car, end of story. spend the extra 5-10 min per car and sand it smooth before painting and be done with it already.
Exactly right. I don’t care if you have to spend more time at the Chinese factory yourself, make them know that a sanding job isn’t finished until every panel is smooth, flush and dimple free. Every paint coat is adhered with no interference, never apply a coat of paint in the same room you sanded.
Appears to be the case with that badly defected paint job test car, I can’t think of another reason for it to get to that degree.

This is disappointing to hear, I might be mistaken but I don’t think the prototype photos had any of these dents? I have it on order but this put a bit of a damper on it. Especially the response from jazzinc.

gotta admit that after seeing some of these pics of the car body with warping in the panels, it is extremely disappointing and quite the eyesore... as joost posted its too late to change anything with the molds, but this isn't a mold issue. its after the mold process where it is happening and something that CAN be very easily smoothed out and address while sanding and painting. i'm sorry, but i'm just calling it what it is. it's either being lazy or avoiding a cost with the manufacturer not wanting to make sure the panels are smooth. the issues we are seeing are 100% fixable. i do it all the time on parts i make for customers and my own projects. nothing is perfect, we get it. and again, this isn't nit picking and looking for 10000% perfection. those wrinkles and dimples in the surface on those panels are large and very distracting and many in quantity. i saw them right away with many of the latest videos joost and others have provided... i chalked it up to test samples as that's what they were called and assumed the surfaces would be cleaned up on the production batches. i wasn't going to open my mouth but now seeing that it is boiling down to "it is what it is" mindset... sorry, that does not sit well with me. and sorry, but folks shouldn't be belittling people for expressing their concern over warped and wavy panels on this. not an issue of money or being a custom or fan boys or haters or whatever you wanna say... i have this fully paid for and i have other joost's products and i'm not a fan boy. if i paid $500 for this i'd still voice the same concern. end of the day, it's just not right and shouldn't be on the panels of the car, end of story. spend the extra 5-10 min per car and sand it smooth before painting and be done with it already.

No one's going to be belittling anyone here. If you've got a problem with the Batmobile, feel free to discuss it as much as you want.

I don't expect "perfection", but for the price I do expect the panels not to have an issue like this that could easily be fixed if the proper steps were taken. Unfortunately when you farm everything out to a Chinese factory with cheap labor these are the kinds of QC issues that happen.

No one's going to be belittling anyone here. If you've got a problem with the Batmobile, feel free to discuss it as much as you want.

appreciate that. yeah i don't think much of it has been here vs. other places on the web. just an observation from what others have said about people being nasty etc. not needed!

and i guess i'm at a loss with joost not just making a simple post or whatever and just say he'll make sure they are sanded smooth and no worries! which is what it is to make this all go away. like i said, a few extra min per vehicle and the drama stops.

I don't expect "perfection", but for the price I do expect the panels not to have an issue like this that could easily be fixed if the proper steps were taken. Unfortunately when you farm everything out to a Chinese factory with cheap labor these are the kinds of QC issues that happen.

Let's not put this on the factory. Cheap labor or not, at the end of the day it is up to the company to point out QC issues. If it had been brought to the attention of the factory, depending on when, the mold would've been considered defective and remade (if the mold is the problem) or as stated by others, some filling and additional sanding prior to paint during production would've done the job too.

I honestly don't think its going to be as visually bad when it's in hand versus what the videos are showing. I'm not saying that the mold impressions aren't present, but if you look at these stills from Justin's video, it's kinda of an optical illusion depending on the camera angle and how the light reflects off of it. If this toy car was painted matte black instead of gloss, I don't think anyone would of ever noticed anything.
20240912_171550.jpg
20240912_171607.jpg
20240912_171627.jpg
20240912_171648.jpg

Last edited:
I honestly don't think its going to be as visually bad when it's in hand versus what the videos are showing. I'm not saying that the mold impressions aren't present, but if you look at these stills from Justin's video, it's kinda of an optical illusion depending on the camera angle and how the light reflects off of it. If this toy car was painted matte black instead of gloss, I don't think anyone would of ever noticed anything.View attachment 725449View attachment 725450View attachment 725451View attachment 725452

hopefully it won't be. hopefully there's been enough chatter about the issues that the company will push the issue on the manufacturers to make sure the areas aren't deformed.

just to point out tho... on the other side of the copy justin is showing, there's some pretty big indents.

1726189248589.png

I think we won’t hear nobody complain after this…😅

I mean overall, absolutely, it looks gorgeous. What puzzles me that there seem to be several things that the HT still got the functions / details down more accurately (perhaps slightly idealized, though). Nevermind the canopy gap, as that has already been adressed. The side hooks droopily hanging from the launcher, the plasticy canopy gear shifts and control switches, the Bat-Disc thrower being the only non-magnetized panel and the silver machine gun bullets. Minor things that I feel deserve to be on par with the 2013 HT release. Will it affect my enjoyment of the vehicle, no, it's the overall impression that matters at the end day and that's where JazzInc. has already succeeded.

Last edited:
I think everyone should calm down and relax.
I mean I’m absolutely confident that Joost is trying to provide the best 1989 Batmobile of the history.
Remind that 89 was his Batman of his childhood and he decided to make this car, despite already done by HT, because it’s maybe his favorite Batmobile. There is so much love and passion put into this project, I don’t see him delivering a « meh… » product.
As he said on the last video, the issues on the paint are 0,1 mm… almost nothing, almost invisible at natural light.
All the issues saw on the videos of the test batches are highlighted by phones and cameras with an overexposed light.
If I look at the body and paint of my car or bike with the light of my phone, I will see defects almost everywhere that I almost never notice in natural conditions.
From the beginning we saw Joost’s products becoming better and better. I don’t see him deliver cheaper one, overall for his « Mona Lisa » as someone said previously.
concerning the dashboard and cockpit, yeah the HT one was really good. Maybe the best part of the car but too « clean » and idealized IMO.
I’m confident everyone will be blown away when you’ll receive yours.
If not, sell it and don’t order from Jazzinc anymore. There is nothing else to do…

Last edited:
I think everyone should calm down and relax.
I mean I’m absolutely confident that Joost is trying to provide the best 1989 Batmobile of the history.
Remind that 89 was his Batman of his childhood and he decided to make this car, despite already done by HT, because it’s maybe his favorite Batmobile. There is so much love and passion put into this project, I don’t see him delivering a « meh… » product.
As he said on the last video, the issues on the paint are 0,1 mm… almost nothing, almost invisible at natural light.
All the issues saw on the videos of the test batches are highlighted by phones and cameras with an overexposed light.
If I look at the body and paint of my car or bike with the light of my phone, I will see defects almost everywhere that I almost never notice in natural conditions.
From the beginning we saw Joost’s products becoming better and better. I don’t see him deliver cheaper one, overall for his « Mona Lisa » as someone said previously.
concerning the dashboard and cockpit, yeah the HT one was really good. Maybe the best part of the car but too « clean » and idealized IMO.
I’m confident everyone will be blown away when you’ll receive yours.
If not, sell it and don’t order from Jazzinc anymore. There is nothing nothing to do…
Thank you so much, I really urge everyone to just look at Mr. mom‘s video. You will see what it looks like in person, he filmed it in bright sunny, daylight, indoors, and dark lighting conditions, and I think it looks absolutely fine. We have done everything to minimize this, but even after you fill it, the filler will shrink slightly after sanding which, combined with a semi gloss black paint will never Look 100% flat. Not even after a dozen layers. We have been working on producing, sanding and painting these parts for over six months now. So much time has gone into it in the last production stages, that we are currently having trouble breaking even on this project so there’s not much more we can invest or do. Again, just look at the video of Mr. mom to see what you will be getting and I still stand behind this product 100%

Thank you so much, I really urge everyone to just look at Mr. mom‘s video. You will see what it looks like in person, he filmed it in bright sunny, daylight, indoors, and dark lighting conditions, and I think it looks absolutely fine. We have done everything to minimize this, but even after you fill it, the filler will shrink slightly after sanding which, combined with a semi gloss black paint will never Look 100% flat. Not even after a dozen layers. We have been working on producing, sanding and painting these parts for over six months now. So much time has gone into it in the last production stages, that we are currently having trouble breaking even on this project so there’s not much more we can invest or do. Again, just look at the video of Mr. mom to see what you will be getting and I still stand behind this product 100%
Thanks Joost.
Your 89 Batmobile is the best 1/6 scale version available. It makes the HT version look like a kids toy.
However, these stills from Mr. Mom's videos really stand out. I really wish I could ignore these issues but my eyes don't allow me that luxury.
After years of experience creating car scale models and repairing real-life car bodies, I assure you these mold issues can easily be rectified with bondo & sanding processes. If your Chinese factory are unable to achieve such a basic task, I must question their skills, as should you.

I'm incredibly impressed by what you've managed to achieve here. Truly.
However the questionable painted surface (as noted in the test batch versions) & mold issues remain a major disappointment for many collectors.

1726229255582.png

Joost seems well aware of your concerns. I see no need to keep posting comments and pictures to prove what has become a moot point. That’s just tiresome. He’s already explained what’s going to happen.

FWIW, I have two of these ‘89s paid off and have no intention of canceling my orders. I have his ‘66, have put $300 deposit towards the ‘68 and am planning on ordering at least three sets of every figure Jazzinc offers. My experience with this company has been more than satisfactory and I have complete faith in whatever they choose to release.

Z

PS I really wish more of you would learn how to break your posts into paragraphs. Nobody reads the wall-of-text rants.

Thank you.

Back