Jazzinc 1/6 Batman 1989 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This might solve all the complaints:
tn3psqt.jpg

VFJpPoW.jpg

3D2DCQg.jpg

😲

“I think he means trunk”

Guys… with all this drama… I can say you that the chance to see an hypothetical 1/12 version vanished forever like a Returns version as well IMO…
I'm not in the market for this since 1/6 vehicles are too big for me so I'd love to see a 1/12 version. Even with some level of indentation this is still a lot better than Hot Toys. However, if I had this on preorder, I'd also be less relaxed and express my concerns. Professional Creators just need to be thick skinned in this hobby

1/12 seems like it won’t happen for any project, due to the poor reception of the 1/12 Justicemobile.

I want the product, I just wanted to know what qualified for an exchange? That’s all my point was ever about here.
Dear Nick, the indentations will not qualify you for an exchange, so again, I really want to ask you to think about whether you want your money back, which is what I am offering. To be very clear, I would give you everything back, including the NRD and eat all the payment and refund costs and credit card costs I have incurred on this. Which is also part of why we usually keep in NRD. Again, you would get all your money back as a one time exception. I really don’t want you to be unhappy with anything we do, so please consider this the best I can do for you.

Last edited:
By the way, with all the drama on this forum, YouTube, Facebook groups and elsewhere, I find it very interesting that even with the blanket free refund I just offered yesterday, we have gotten zero cancellation request so far. Zero!
With close to 2500 customers and all this drama, statistically, you would expect quite a few, or at least some, considering the storm we had to endure the last week.
What does it say that we have zero cancellation requests even if you get all your money back? feels quite weird and out of synch with what we are seeing and hearing regarding all this drama.

Ps: this full free refund is a one time exception, and no rights can be derived from this. With everything we have learned about the community in the last week, I know I have to be very clear about this. In the past few years, we have had every kind of story about why customers needed a full refund and I don’t want any trouble now because of this one time exception. Again to be completely clear and transparent.

Last edited:
you're a good man Joost. what you are offering is beyond generous. all this crap from the last week is awful. were i in a similar situation i would not be as kind.
i hope it doesn't sour you too much on communicating as openly as you do. most of us are really really happy and excited to see this batmobile in person and to support you.

As we mentioned previously, @Joost, are the 1/12 89 Batwing and Batmobile are still considered or definitely abandoned?

A full refund is a good offer especially if it is on the table until the last batch ships out.

I see the lack of cancellations so far is more on doing a wait and see and other factors.

By the way, with all the drama on this forum, YouTube, Facebook groups and elsewhere, I find it very interesting that even with the blanket free refund I just offered yesterday, we have gotten zero cancellation request so far. Zero!
With close to 2500 customers and all this drama, statistically, you would expect quite a few, or at least some, considering the storm we had to endure the last week.

What does it say that we have zero cancellation requests even if you get all your money back? feels quite weird and out of synch with what we are seeing and hearing regarding all this drama.

Ps: this full free refund is a one time exception, and no rights can be derived from this. With everything we have learned about the community in the last week, I know I have to be very clear about this. In the past few years, we have had every kind of story about why customers needed a full refund and I don’t want any trouble now because of this one time exception. Again to be completely clear and transparent.

This is actually really interessting and almost made me laugh :giggle:

A full refund is a good offer especially if it is on the table until the last batch ships out.

I see the lack of cancellations so far is more on doing a wait and see and other factors.
Yeah I would like to see a full batch or two in customer’s hands first, even though it does no good if by luck of draw yours takes the hit over others as he won’t accept returns.

At least we’re aware.

The small stuff I can live with, I’m not going to turn my nose up to it if it’s truly live-with-able, always polar extremes it would seem. The car shown in his video is not worth a cancellation. I hope that’s the car we all get Bleah.

People freaking out is due to not having eyes on their copy, it’s understandable.

Easing the worry of people that have come together in support of your company at a significantly high cost should be top priority.

Treating everyone like they’re this Danoby character if they have a question and or concern isn’t the way to go. We’re not all hell bent on making you look bad, we just want quality product through and through.

Begging people to cancel should be a step lower than your class. You own the company, let your customers be vocal.
Don’t attempt to make us feel bad for keeping an order we placed based on your prejudgment on how we’ll ultimately feel about it in hand. Making a decision to keep or sell in hand greatly has its benefits when you like the product but are worried about it.
When you cancel you don’t get that opportunity. The HT 2.0 Keaton had bad likeness and suit texture across the board, the flaws here vary and are few and far between in the grand scheme of things regarding detail on this piece.

I think it’s an exceptional offer to be willing to refund NRDs and anyone that decides to cancel should be satisfied. A lot of people lost a $100 NRD originally when they canceled before production, so there is that.

I still largely believe canceling isn’t the route to take, or encourage others to take.
If for some reason there’s a large issue on someone’s unit I feel that should be addressed with an exchange, not just because of the small molding we’re aware will be present.

Last edited:
I think Joost gave us the extreme and unique privilege of being able to interact with him during the entire development and production phase and we are ruining all that by behaving like spoiled children...
This car is perhaps the most ultimate Prop ever made when it comes to Batman 1989. We will soon all be privileged to have this piece in our collection.
If we had to buy this item from another manufacturer, we would have paid 3 or 4 times more for it.
let's try to behave as with any other manufacturer.
we want it? Let's order it. We are no longer sure we want it? Let's cancel.
Does it not meet our expectations? Let's resell it.
It is useless and illusory to try to change something in the production process. We are not shareholders in the story.
Let's stop tying our brains up for nothing.

Yeah I would like to see a full batch or two in customer’s hands first, even though it does no good if by luck of draw yours takes the hit over others as he won’t accept returns.

At least we’re aware.

The small stuff I can live with, I’m not going to turn my nose up to it if it’s truly live-with-able, always polar extremes it would seem. The car shown in his video is not worth a cancellation. I hope that’s the car we all get Bleah.

People freaking out is due to not having eyes on their copy, it’s understandable.

Easing the worry of people that have come together in support of your company at a significantly high cost should be top priority.

Treating everyone like they’re this Danoby character if they have a question and or concern isn’t the way to go. We’re not all hell bent on making you look bad, we just want quality product through and through.

Begging people to cancel should be a step lower than your class. You own the company, let your customers be vocal.
Don’t attempt to make us feel bad for keeping an order we placed based on your prejudgment on how we’ll ultimately feel about it in hand. Making a decision to keep or sell in hand greatly has its benefits when you like the product but are worried about it.
When you cancel you don’t get that opportunity. The HT 2.0 Keaton had bad likeness and suit texture across the board, the flaws here vary and are few and far between in the grand scheme of things regarding detail on this piece.

I think it’s an exceptional offer to be willing to refund NRDs and anyone that decides to cancel should be satisfied. A lot of people lost a $100 NRD originally when they canceled before production, so there is that.

I still largely believe canceling isn’t the route to take, or encourage others to take.
If for some reason there’s a large issue on someone’s unit I feel that should be addressed with an exchange, not just because of the small molding we’re aware will be present.
I think you are misinterpreting my meaning here. I just really don’t want anybody to feel they have to stick with the product even though they don’t want to, just because of the NRD. I’ve seen that comment a few times, hence this offer. That’s why I was expecting at least a few cancellations for those people who suggested they are only keeping it because they don’t want to lose the NRD.

Also, I know that if some people are this negative going in, then receiving it, they will do nothing but look for flaws and that will not help their experience or ours, and it would be a waste of time, money and energy for both of us, so to prevent that, I made this offer. I really do not want to ship anything to someone so negative. I have dealt with that negativity before and it is not something I like repeating

On top of that, I was very surprised that nobody took me up on it, considering the extreme anger and vitriol from the last 10 days. It was very hard to live with, and I knew if I offered a blanket full refund option , at least some people would take it so I thought it was very weird that no one did.

Last edited:
IMG_5787.png

Look, the Jazzinc version is full of marks…
Absolutely not! It’s just the accurate semi-gloss finish reflects everything in the room.
The HT flat black reflect almost nothing…

Last edited:
It’s not off the table, but I still wonder if that is viable. I want to wait until we have finished production of this one at least

That's awesome. As a side: if the scale is ever reconsidered, I believe that the Arkham Knight Batmobile would be an excellent candidate (if the car is ever voted on). Just because of the scale and general complexity of that Batmobile. E.g. it has a transformation mode that greatly increases its height, something that might be impractical in 1/6.

View attachment 726031
No just the accurate semi-gloss finish reflects everything in the room.
The HT reflect almost nothing…

That gloss is just incredible.

Well I have been following all the drama, and I understand when people want "perfect" product, no scratches, etc. But from what I have seen from the video comparisons and images, the car looks amazing. Nothing is or will be perfect. I am sure the hero car used in the movie and had imperfections and stuff that if you start looking you will be surprised and catch stuff that could have been done better. I have made 3d printed 89 batcomputer with working screens for myself and even with a simple project like that, it stook time prototyping, printing and reprinting stuff, sanding, painting etc and there are still imperfections here and there. And it was not easy task at all. So I understand to some level the intricacy and complexity that take to make a 1/6th vehicle. Cant imagine on a 1/6th vehicle like that. I am not saying that is ok to have imperfections or a faulty product, but when there a certain limitations with the production and how much it can be done due to the intricacy and level of detail, for the offered price I think we are getting something awesome that I doubt it would have ever been made by another company. So I personally can not wait to get mine and display it. It will looks sick!

View attachment 726031
No just the accurate semi-gloss finish reflects everything in the room.
The HT flat black reflect almost nothing…

Posts like this is why the conversation continues. People are perfectly capable of discerning between a reflection and an actual dent in the body just as they would a real car. And our lighting of the vehicle will change throughout the day and night.

Might as well add a more lengthy commentary. And to note, I was always going to keep my Jazzinc 89 order after seeing the test batch videos but was wondering if anything could have been done to fix the mold sinks, especially near that wheel well. Joost addressed it and what his production was like and the costs involved. I'm glad he was able to fix the canopy issue and paint rub in shipping.

Now if you want to do that HT comparison, the injection mold indentations will be noticeably apparent regardless of whether it's reflective glossy paint or a more matted one. As long as there is a specular sheen from the light source lighting up that black paint surface, any indentations will show up as shadow. I actually think the glossy paint in Jazzinc helps hide the dents more since they get mixed in with real-world objects in the reflection.

With a matte look, you literally just have the light sheen of the black painted surface and the sink hole shadow showing up within the sheen. The most obvious times when the mold sinks appear egregious in the Jazzinc is when there's barely a reflection and it's just the lighting creating the white specular sheen of the black paint and the sink hole shows up within it.

Ex in matte colors with no gloss reflection.
injection sin Sink-marks-plastic-injection-molding-defects.jpg

injection sink Sink-Marks.jpg

Here's a 4k image close up of that wheel area in the HT, with lighting directly hitting it and specular sheen all over the black color. Mold Sink marks would show up easily here if they were there

hot toys batmobile mold sink vlcsnap-2024-09-14-13h36m04s1623.jpg

There isn't much reflection going on in this shot below. Notice in green circle, those dents are no longer as apparent, there's barely any white specular sheen from the lighting there. In the red circle, they are very clearly visible when the lighting hits that area as the HT above.
jazzinc batmobile sink dents.png

HT on top vs Jazzinc on bottom. The Jazzinc mold sinks easily showing up again in the specular sheen on the side of the body. If the lighting was hitting it differently so that the whiter specular sheen wasn't there and it mostly just shows the black paint color of the car, then the mold dent won't be as noticeable.

hot toys batmobile mold sink vlcsnap-2024-09-14-13h36m04s1621.jpg

jazzinc batmobile mold sink vlcsnap-2024-09-14-13h36m04s162.jpg

The HT does have a mold sink here under the green arrow, it looks less egregious since it sits close and follows that gap line. Again, the noticeability of that dent drops off as the white sheen fades into the black color.
hot toys batmobile mold sink vlcsnap-2024-09-14-13h36m04s162.jpg

I find it to be an interesting engineering question on if there's some steps in the actual injection molding production that could be researched to lessen the effect, and save them time on the hand filling and sanding for any future vehicles.

Back