Jazzinc 1/6 Batman 1989 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing all the comparison videos, I'm so glad I ordered a Jazz Inc one. I have yet to be disappointed by any of the vehicles I've received from Jazz inc. My only problem is I have no space for all the stuff I'm buying.

I think you are misinterpreting my meaning here. I just really don’t want anybody to feel they have to stick with the product even though they don’t want to, just because of the NRD. I’ve seen that comment a few times, hence this offer. That’s why I was expecting at least a few cancellations for those people who suggested they are only keeping it because they don’t want to lose the NRD.

Also, I know that if some people are this negative going in, then receiving it, they will do nothing but look for flaws and that will not help their experience or ours, and it would be a waste of time, money and energy for both of us, so to prevent that, I made this offer. I really do not want to ship anything to someone so negative. I have dealt with that negativity before and it is not something I like repeating

On top of that, I was very surprised that nobody took me up on it, considering the extreme anger and vitriol from the last 10 days. It was very hard to live with, and I knew if I offered a blanket full refund option , at least some people would take it so I thought it was very weird that no one did.
I suppose we both have misinterpreted.

I am not in your private FB group, therefore I do not see what others have said outside of this forum and YouTube. I see you’ve been dealing with a large spectrum of people and their various attitudes towards the subject for what you indicated to be ten days.

I don’t know or care to know all of the previous drama. I get it there are people out there that genuinely do not like you, nor your product, and will pick apart whatever you do, everyone comes across those people every now and again in their life.

Let’s not confuse people on this board, for people like that in this community. I can say everyone here at the end of the day just wants a quality product. Four foot is quite a lot of space to take up in a collection, not everyone has plans of an entire room or basement, but a single wall to occupy everything.

We all have watched the update videos, talked about the details, watched this thing take form since November of ‘22.

Then you’ve seen us, those very same people in your Pfieffer Catwoman thread offering ideas and conversing about the package and what could be included. “Haters” aren’t doing that, to be clumped into a group like that due to a concern makes it difficult to feel apart of a community.

We can agree, we can disagree, we should be able to come right back to the table for conversation about another topic. I’ll be your best friend, but I’ll always raise a concern if there indeed is one, isn’t that the customer you picture to keep in your pocket? We’re mostly all like this, the majority of us don’t even care about a HT comparison, we know what we PO. It’s simple, we just don’t want to be the unlucky one that gets caught with the most defective one, that’s understandable.

I’m just hiding behind the sidelines waiting for my batch 2 😂. My only dilemma is should I cough up the $500 for 7 day air or the cheaper (still expensive) 45 day cruise?

Last edited:
Posts like this is why the conversation continues. People are perfectly capable of discerning between a reflection and an actual dent in the body just as they would a real car. And our lighting of the vehicle will change throughout the day and night.
ok the sens of humor of my post wasn’t so great.
More seriously, I didn’t wanted to participate in the drama.
Once again, there is no bad choice. There is room for both versions. I will never bash the HT one. I had it during 10 years and I loved it.
It’s a matter of choice and budget.
We should wait to get ours in hand before drawing hasty conclusions IMO.
From what I’ve saw on video, it looks absolutely incredible.

I’m just hiding behind the sidelines waiting for my batch 2 😂. My only dilemma is should I cough up the $500 for 7 day air or the cheaper (still expensive) 45 day cruise?
I was in the same boat, debating between the slower $300 air option from the Netherlands or $500 and have it a lot quicker. I decided to with the cheaper option as $500 is quite steep. Not that I cant do it, it is just a lot for shipping. That is like third of the price. I think the Batwing was cheaper and it is bigger. Although, the 89 has diecast and it is heavier package. I guess that will be price if we want diecast on our vehicles and quick shipping.

I was in the same boat, debating between the slower $300 air option from the Netherlands or $500 and have it a lot quicker. I decided to with the cheaper option as $500 is quite steep. Not that I cant do it, it is just a lot for shipping. That is like third of the price. I think the Batwing was cheaper and it is bigger. Although, the 89 has diecast and it is heavier package. I guess that will be price if we want diecast on our vehicles and quick shipping.
$200 savings (by sea) is almost enough to buy an additional 1/6 figure - think of that way.

Bat Wing shipping was $334.13, at least mine was to the U.S.

$200 savings (by sea) is almost enough to buy an additional 1/6 figure - think of that way.

Bat Wing shipping was $334.13, at least mine was to the U.S.
Absolutely and man mine was probably the same price, I might have just forgotten. Im in US as well so probs paid the same.

Posts like this is why the conversation continues. People are perfectly capable of discerning between a reflection and an actual dent in the body just as they would a real car. And our lighting of the vehicle will change throughout the day and night.

Might as well add a more lengthy commentary. And to note, I was always going to keep my Jazzinc 89 order after seeing the test batch videos but was wondering if anything could have been done to fix the mold sinks, especially near that wheel well. Joost addressed it and what his production was like and the costs involved. I'm glad he was able to fix the canopy issue and paint rub in shipping.

Now if you want to do that HT comparison, the injection mold indentations will be noticeably apparent regardless of whether it's reflective glossy paint or a more matted one. As long as there is a specular sheen from the light source lighting up that black paint surface, any indentations will show up as shadow. I actually think the glossy paint in Jazzinc helps hide the dents more since they get mixed in with real-world objects in the reflection.

With a matte look, you literally just have the light sheen of the black painted surface and the sink hole shadow showing up within the sheen. The most obvious times when the mold sinks appear egregious in the Jazzinc is when there's barely a reflection and it's just the lighting creating the white specular sheen of the black paint and the sink hole shows up within it.

Ex in matte colors with no gloss reflection.
View attachment 726032
View attachment 726033

Here's a 4k image close up of that wheel area in the HT, with lighting directly hitting it and specular sheen all over the black color. Mold Sink marks would show up easily here if they were there

View attachment 726051

There isn't much reflection going on in this shot below. Notice in green circle, those dents are no longer as apparent, there's barely any white specular sheen from the lighting there. In the red circle, they are very clearly visible when the lighting hits that area as the HT above.
View attachment 726055

HT on top vs Jazzinc on bottom. The Jazzinc mold sinks easily showing up again in the specular sheen on the side of the body. If the lighting was hitting it differently so that the whiter specular sheen wasn't there and it mostly just shows the black paint color of the car, then the mold dent won't be as noticeable.

View attachment 726046
View attachment 726047

The HT does have a mold sink here under the green arrow, it looks less egregious since it sits close and follows that gap line. Again, the noticeability of that dent drops off as the white sheen fades into the black color.
View attachment 726045

I find it to be an interesting engineering question on if there's some steps in the actual injection molding production that could be researched to lessen the effect, and save them time on the hand filling and sanding for any future vehicles.

Ok, Guess I will address this once more. There are three reasons. The first reason is that HT has changed the entire shape of the car; it has straightened it from top to bottom, while ours has a slight curve. Due to this curvature change, HT's production allows for more even wall thickness, whereas ours, because of some special curvatures, results in some areas being thicker and others thinner. Their choice of just doing engravings instead of fully shaped movie accurate parts like the hinge and speaker areas makes it simpler to make and keep straight (see attached pictures). This is also why the Hot Toys one looks more boxy and straight. Again, it's a different choice, both valid, pick your poison.

The second reason is that HT has made this part from two pieces; you can see HT has a few very long seams that are not in the original model. You can see this if you look at the front of the car where there is a horizontal seam all across it. Also, you look closely at the rear of the HT, you will notice they are made from separate parts which again leave more seams.

The third reason is the effect of finish spraying. HT has a matte finish, while ours is much more glossy and also includes a green shift color change in different angle. Our finish spraying effect can make the shrinkage appear particularly pronounced at certain angles under strong light. If the shrinkage ratio is the same, it appears more pronounced on glossy car than matte one .

However, under slightly darker conditions, the effect on our car is not so noticeable. The image you provided shows an effect that is at least double what it actually looks like in reality, because it reflects strong side light. Therefore,this picture grossly exaggerates it, as it does not reflect the true situation. I cannot even measure the divots with my calipers. Just tried

THIS IS NOT TO BE NEGATIVE ABOUT THE HOT TOYS. IT JUST ILLUSTRATES WHAT DIFFERENT DESIGN AND PRODUCTION CHOICES GIVE YOU AND THE CONSEQUENCES. THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH. AGAIN, PICK YOUR POISON

Screenshot 2024-09-16 at 10.48.37.png

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-09-16 at 10.40.14.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-09-16 at 10.40.14.jpeg
    88.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2024-09-16 at 10.47.12.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-16 at 10.47.12.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2024-09-16 at 10.52.28.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-16 at 10.52.28.png
    1 MB · Views: 0
I think the indentation issue has been exhausted, therefore I'd like to ask a question on another subject - the paint.

When I pre-ordered, the most talked-about selling point of the JazzInc '89 Batmobile model was the flip/flop paint.
Which by definition, should be a pearlescent paint, flip/flopping between purple & green depending on viewing angle.
However, almost all talk of this seems to have disappeared.

Joost, you mention a 'green color shift' in your previous message but nothing about a 'purple color shift' or the expected 'flip/flop effect'.
I know you were testing extensively for quite some time to get this right.

So to clarify, are we to assume the purple/green flip/flop effect has been parked & replaced with a simpler 'green color shift'?

Also, I had assumed JazzInc were aiming for a Satin paint effect rather than a shiny Gloss for the vehicle body?
Was my assumption incorrect?

Thanks in advance.

I think the indentation issue has been exhausted, therefore I'd like to ask a question on another subject - the paint.

When I pre-ordered, the most talked-about selling point of the JazzInc '89 Batmobile model was the flip/flop paint.
Which by definition, should be a pearlescent paint, flip/flopping between purple & green depending on viewing angle.
However, almost all talk of this seems to have disappeared.

Joost, you mention a 'green color shift' in your previous message but nothing about a 'purple color shift' or the expected 'flip/flop effect'.
I know you were testing extensively for quite some time to get this right.

So to clarify, are we to assume the purple/green flip/flop effect has been parked & replaced with a simpler 'green color shift'?

Also, I had assumed JazzInc were aiming for a Satin paint effect rather than a shiny Gloss for the vehicle body?
Was my assumption incorrect?

Thanks in advance.
We did a whole load of tests, and the actual paint they used was not a flip-flop paint, and we tried different versions, but the problem is with many of the options, in certain lighting it looked too green or too purple. Especially in moducase set ups for some reason which is very popular so we had to make sure it worked in those environments as well.

Also, purple was more the Batman returns Color shift, which you can see on the bat pod. So in the end, we tuned down to a subtle green hue. You can see, but without having to worry about certain display options for people turning completely green, which we had with the prototype.

There will be no interest in this in eBay.
People know hot toys: you would find it a lot easier and make a profit selling their batmobile on eBay.
People outside our 1/6 world do not have a clue who “jazzinc” is and neither should they.
They don’t know who Inart is either.
Jazzinc has got himself into a predictable predicament, he can’t mass produce a quality product and that’s the end of it.
Sorry for all you guys paying top dollar only to receive a below par item but that’s what’s happening
Well, if you look on eBay, you will find a few of our items, and all of them are way over MSRP and they sell regularly, so that is factual truth. As for the rest of it, there are a vast number of people who think we produce the best products in one/6 scale so both those people and I do not think it is a below par product at all

Yeah as buy it now not as actual sales 🤷🏻‍♂️
You can find plenty of actual sales. And orherwise just take the full refund. Waitlist is currently over 250 people
Here is one sold for 3x retail

Attachments

• IMG_4070.jpeg
    IMG_4070.jpeg
    550.1 KB · Views: 0
You can find plenty of actual sales. And orherwise just take the full refund. Waitlist is currently over 250 people
Here is one sold for 3x retail
Joost, not to go completely off topic, but since you are hanging out here—is there any consideration of ever doing a Delorean? I love my Hot Toys BTTF2 version but would love to see what you could do with it. I’m guessing no since HT is on their third release of it already? I’ve got the Tomy die-cast version on order now as well, can never have too many!

I wish I could afford this soooooo much, an absolute work of art by @JazzInc
Hopefully they will revisit this again in a number of years so folks who are new to the hobby [or can't currently afford it like myself] can own this peak collectible.
Every video and pic I see of this allows me to live vicariously, so keep them coming people!
Also - I will say, one of my absolute favourite touches in the package is the book with all the production details/process/source material etc - its things like that which show Joost's passion for the Hobby and his work.

Joost, not to go completely off topic, but since you are hanging out here—is there any consideration of ever doing a Delorean? I love my Hot Toys BTTF2 version but would love to see what you could do with it. I’m guessing no since HT is on their third release of it already? I’ve got the Tomy die-cast version on order now as well, can never have too many!
Hi Brett
Well never say never, but not anytime soon. Maybe in a few years if we get the Universal license and have done Kitt and Jurassic Park, who knows...

Back