Jazzinc 1/6 Batman 1989 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand about the small indentations, the ones that don’t affect the overall shape to any real degree, but what about this one? If my car shows up with a dent as pictured, will you deem it fully replaceable? Or is this to be expected?

View attachment 725708
Come on Nick, we all recognize your concern but Joost just indicated that he would say no more about this topic. Given that, to whom are you directing this question? Or were you being rhetorical? A better approach might be to contact Jazzinc through there website, reference your order # and ask if this type of flaw would be covered under their replacement policy. Pretty sure if the indentation is as bad as that appears to be the answer will be yes.

I just said I was done talking about this subject. That is absolutely horrible side lighting and I would like to see the hot toys in that same light.
Again, I will point to the video I recorded, or if you want more independent video, please look at Mr. mom‘s video here and you will see it in every kind of light from every angle. If there is anything in there that you do not like or accept, please email us and I will cancel your unit, gladly and contact any of the 236 people on the waitlist currently. I think that will save us both a lot of time and energy and money, see below:

Seriously, if you think it will bother you, just contact me and we will work out a cancellation.

No one said anything about canceling, I said I’d wait it out to see a bit. Why is that the ultimatum here, I haven’t disrespected any one of you, do the same for me. I want this product, possibly more than most, I don’t have a large collection.

Joost, what more of a compliment do you need than your ‘89 vehicle being the top shelf centerpiece in a collection? Those have been the intentions.

I just wanted to know if the vertical wheel well indentations in that photo were actually that significant and if there were various degrees of said indentations throughout each unit made. Or if that is in fact due to a bit of lighting and a bad unit from the batch.

My concern is because we have seen various degrees of those indentations in different spots per unit, is that just uncontrollable and you’ll weed out any of the ones with significant issues?

Last edited:
Seriously, anyone who has a problem with the cars after seeing these videos, just email me and we will work it out. I don’t want anyone to have our product when he or she doesn’t want to. Email me at joostjazzincdioramas.com.

No one said anything about canceling, I said I’d wait it out to see a bit. Why is that the ultimatum here, I haven’t disrespected any one of you, do the same for me. I want this product, possibly more than most, I don’t have a large collection.

Joost, what more of a compliment do you need than your ‘89 vehicle being the top shelf centerpiece in a collection? Those have been the intentions.

I just wanted to know if the vertical wheel well indentations in that photo were actually that significant and if there were various degrees of said indentations throughout each unit made. Or if that is in fact due to a bit of lighting and a bad unit from the batch.

My concern is because we have seen various degrees of those indentations in different spots per unit, is that just uncontrollable and you’ll weed out any of the ones with significant issues?
I don’t know how to answer that anymore than I already have. There will be some indentations and I have made a video and there is over 30 minutes of videos from other Youtubers out there where you can see how it looks. And I am serious and not being disrespectful when I say that if you think it will bother you, please allow us to cancel it and let’s not waste a lot of money and time sending this unit to you when you know that will be a breaking point. Like I said above.

Seriously, anyone who has a problem with the cars after seeing these videos, just email me and we will work it out. I don’t want anyone to have our product when he or she doesn’t want to. Email me at joostjazzincdioramas.com.

They. Are. All. The. Same.
I hope so, I’m not looking to hate this.

If what’s in Joost’s video is what we shall receive, I have no complaints.

IMG_4381.jpeg

IMG_4379.jpeg

I hope so, I’m not looking to hate this.

If what’s in Joost’s video is what we shall receive, I have no complaints.

View attachment 725726
View attachment 725727
What joost is saying is that all vehicles you have seen all have acceptable levels of indentation to him. You could receive one you perceive as acceptable you might receive one you perceive as unacceptable. Most likely they are all the same but look different depending on the angle of light. The worst case you have seen- assume you will be able to see that from certain angles and lighting conditions on the unit you get. Judging by your comments I would highly suggest you cancel your order.

There are about 2,500 ‘89 Batmobiles coming down the line with almost *everybody* else taking a wait-and-see attitude, but a very small but very vocal minority has taken it upon themselves to harass Joost continually about an issue he has repeatedly addressed. That is sad.

My fear is that after all of this unnecessary hub-bub about minuscule indentations ( not to mention the Catwoman uproar going on) Joost may just throw his hands up and walk away.

I would urge Joost to cut back on the user input for the sake of his own mental health. This is especially true for the “which three of the four heads would you vote for” Catwoman poll. DON’T GIVE US A CHOICE! YOU SHOULD DECIDE FOR US! I trust Joost to pick the best 3 of the 4 heads. He’s holding them in his hands while we are only seeing small jpeg images.

I really do appreciate the access Jazzinc has allowed so far, but seriously, too many cooks spoil the broth.

Most likely they are all the same but look different depending on the angle of light. The worst case you have seen- assume you will be able to see that from certain angles and lighting conditions on the unit you get. Judging by your comments I would highly suggest you cancel your order.
Lighting has an impact, no doubt about it. But that vertical one at the wheel well on that test version is not down to lighting. That level of indentation is simply not present JazzInc’s recent video, it looks great.

Not a great suggestion to tell someone to eat a $300 NRD, would you?

Last edited:
I think it’s good that there are cancellation/refund options available for this. Then again, there’s an NRD, so you’d have to weigh that too.

I’m also appreciative that Joost took the time to drop by this thread and answer much as he did. I don’t think there’s much more that he can answer. It’s clear that he cares deeply for the community, and that’s a level of service that we won’t ever get from a company like Hot Toys.

Lighting has an impact, no doubt about it. But that vertical one at the wheel well on that test version is not down to lighting. That level of indentation is simply not present JazzInc’s recent video, it looks great.

It’s not a question of if it’s due to the lighting or something else. It is in the product, all them, it will be in yours. If you don’t want that, cancel your order.

Two of the absolute worst things for a project. Gloss black. One is bad enough but then to have to do both, nightmare. Black as a surface sucks because it shows every spot and blemish. Gloss as a surface is even worse. Every wobble or change of direction becomes accentuated. You take those two nightmares and then create an object that has flowing organic shapes. Forget about it. You can see that HT chose not to do any of those things. Thiers has more flat surfaces. In both geometry and in texture. This helps mask so many imperfections. Only thing HT then has to worry about is the flat black scuffing, which I remember it was one of the problems they had during shipping with the first version. My hat is off to Joost and his people. The problem with still pictures are you don't know if what you are seeing is the surface changing direction or if the person taking the picture is wearing a black shirt and the reflection is them.

In your particular case I think Joost would offer to refund the NRD as well, with interest. :lol

All kidding aside, hopefully in a few months we'll all have our Batmobiles and are happy campers. In the meantime, repeatedly fretting about what's out of our control is pointless (and will just get deleted anyway).

Again, no one is canceling off of a picture and risking a $300 NRD down the drain. Even if he were to offer the entire refund, I want to see this in person and as a paying customer I have that right. I will receive it in hand where nothing will be in the way to either hide or accentuate its flaws. I’ll wait for more photos and videos to come out from customers instead of talking about this any further. If what’s shown in his latest video is what’s promised across the board, I’m content.

Yeah, best to remain calm - you guys will receive it in hand soon enough to judge for yourselves. I’m regretful that I was unable to get an order for the 89. Can’t say that the Animated Batmobile that I have on pre-order is a consolation, though (as that’s the one I’ve always wanted 😆)

Guys… with all this drama… I can say you that the chance to see an hypothetical 1/12 version vanished forever like a Returns version as well IMO…

Back