Jazzinc 1/6 Batman 1989 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are there that many purchasers that don't understand the concept of an NRD?
Not sure why there is any expectation of JazzInc to treat NRDs any different from any other company (collectible or otherwise). Sure there is a risk to the buyer, that the product for whatever reason is unsatisfactory. But there is arguably a bigger risk for the company if they spend the money in product development/creation.
Personally, I don't believe that JazzInc should refund any NRDs. No other company (including real car companies) refund the NON REFUNDABLE deposit.

Are there that many purchasers that don't understand the concept of an NRD?
Not sure why there is any expectation of JazzInc to treat NRDs any different from any other company (collectible or otherwise). Sure there is a risk to the buyer, that the product for whatever reason is unsatisfactory. But there is arguably a bigger risk for the company if they spend the money in product development/creation.
Personally, I don't believe that JazzInc should refund any NRDs. No other company (including real car companies) refund the NON REFUNDABLE deposit.
Generally I agree but there can be exceptions to any specific case.

What if a collector is a loyal JazzInc customer (who purchased a dozen prior dios and vehicles) but decides to cancel for some reason (opting for Hot Toys, medical emergency, wait for a 92 Batmobile, etc.)?

I think a courtesy refund/credit would be fair in this case. And it frees up another Batmobile 89 - I think Joost said he had 250+ people on the Waiting List.

Slightly different scenario but I’ve only cancelled once in the 10+ years I’ve been shopping at this mom & pop shop where I buy most of my collectibles and they gladly refunded me on the Hot Toys TDKR BatPod - I ended opting for the Queen Studios 1/6 BatPod with static Anne Hathaway Catwoman statue.

Last edited:
Generally I agree but there can be exceptions to any specific case.

What if a collector is a loyal JazzInc customer (who purchased a dozen prior dios and vehicles) but decides to cancel for some reason (opting for Hot Toys, medical emergency, wait for a 92 Batmobile, etc.)?

I think a courtesy refund/credit would be fair in this case. And it frees up another Batmobile 89 - I think Joost said he had 250+ people on the Waiting List.

Slightly different scenario but I’ve only cancelled once in the 10+ years I’ve been shopping at this mom & pop shop where I buy most of my collectibles and they gladly refunded me on the Hot Toys TDKR BatPod - I ended opting for the Queen Studios 1/6 BatPod with static Anne Hathaway Catwoman statue.
I disagree, it has nothing to do with being a loyal customer.
The NRD is essentially what provides the business (in this case, JazzInc) with some of the capital to start producing the product (cost of development, factory contracts, etc., etc.). If a company is charging an NRD, it's because it's not financially feasible to produce the product, and only HOPE that people buy it.

Quite frankly, if it wasn't for the NRD, the product wouldn't even get made.

The risk for the buyer is that they won't like the product. The risk for the company is that not enough people buy to cover the overall costs.

It's fair risk on both sides. So no, I don't agree with refunding NRDs (and I've purchased plenty of consumer goods, including some collectibles, where I wasn't entirely satisfied with the end product).

No one’s demanding a return of an NRD, of any kind, from any company. None of us have that kind of standing with the company, so to think we are is a bit short sighted.

In this case, the owner threw the offer on the table, any and everyone who would like to take him up on it, should do so.

He’ll recoup, no need to worry about him. The waitlist exists for a reason. What it largely comes down to is that we all tend to have complaints of some kind, whether they’re enough to voice or not is up to them.

It’s safe to say, at least currently, that there’s no real group of people thoroughly dissatisfied with what they’re seeing enough to cancel. We’ll see how the following batches go and if he’ll need to adjust the offer later or not. Honestly, it’s neither here nor there, nor of our concern as the consumer.

Honorable gesture.

Back