Jazzinc 1/6 Batman The Animated Series Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm interested in seeing how this turns out. There's too many different opinions in that group, regardless of what the final look is there will be the other half that will be disappointed in the decision & won't care enough for it to spend that kind of money on it.

Joost needs some feedback on how to proceed.

It looks like he has a lot of the same questions and concerns that the rest of us have.

Yeah finish the cinematic Batmobile collection do the 97 then we can talk about projects beyond once the main movie line is done. That car would be the perfect book end.

The paint job will make or break this IMO

It would look amazing with a blue sheen but a nightmare to protect from scratches and fingerprints, I'm of the thinking it's not worth the effort personally

The paint job will make or break this IMO

It would look amazing with a blue sheen but a nightmare to protect from scratches and fingerprints, I'm of the thinking it's not worth the effort personally
It’s not the paint that’s the issue. It’s the potential significant costs driven by a nearly five foot vehicle size, coupled with the mixed messaging from the facebook group.

Based on all issues Joost brought up in the video, I’d say scrap this immediately and either finish out the movie line with the 97, or go with some other batman movie vehicles or diorama components.

This is a no win situation.

I would never make that animated Batmobile. It's just too big, to tall and so on. That's a 2k dollar car then and with the economy imploding and rumors are, it's going to hit the fan next month, this shouldn't even be made.

I can't see collectors spending 2k on an animated version. I LOVE that car but nope, 5 to 6 feet is a no go imo.

Put their resources into a batcopter or a Bike and sidecar from 66 or better yet, look at an A-Team Van, or Kitt from Knight Rider(Which is probably the biggest grail of all)

I would never make that animated Batmobile. It's just too big, to tall and so on. That's a 2k dollar car then and with the economy imploding and rumors are, it's going to hit the fan next month, this shouldn't even be made.

I can't see collectors spending 2k on an animated version. I LOVE that car but nope, 5 to 6 feet is a no go imo.

Put their resources into a batcopter or a Bike and sidecar from 66 or better yet, look at an A-Team Van, or Kitt from Knight Rider(Which is probably the biggest grail of all)

Curious to see how this plays out - I’m torn between wanting it but also realizing the feasibility/practicality of it.

I almost bought the Iron Studios version a couple years ago but it was too expensive considering the small scale at 1:10.

Seems like Joost has opened Pandora’s box with this project. can’t please everyone - at the end of the day, someone is always going to be displeased. It’s a frustrating position to be in.

I’m not buying every Batmobile so I can probably swing a purchase for this project - I’m only sticking with my childhood Batmobiles (89, Animated and 66 - via re-runs).

Kitt from Knight Rider would be great - but there’s no David Hasselhoff 1:6 figures (except for customs). Hopefully one day.

Curious to see how this plays out - I’m torn between wanting it but also realizing the feasibility/practicality of it.

I almost bought the Iron Studios version a couple years ago but it was too expensive considering the small scale at 1:10.

Seems like Joost has opened Pandora’s box with this project. can’t please everyone - at the end of the day, someone is always going to be displeased. It’s a frustrating position to be in.

I’m not buying every Batmobile so I can probably swing a purchase for this project - I’m only sticking with my childhood Batmobiles (89, Animated and 66 - via re-runs).

Kitt from Knight Rider would be great - but there’s no David Hasselhoff 1:6 figures (except for customs). Hopefully one day.
I think a couple years ago, Joost hinted at it, like it's down the pipeline, but not anytime soon. Kitt I mean. The thing about Kitt is you can essentially sell it twice, because of Karr his evil Twin.

A scaled up DC Collectible version is all I want. This really doesn't need to be overly complex in design. Slap a better paint job if needed but otherwise the design is all there already.

Again, I really don't understand why this version of the Batmobile needs some fan redesign when all the other versions got accurate reproductions. Pretty lame to view this as something that needs a realistic look because it comes from an animated show.

TT1cYnr.png

OVHmo0y.png

Last edited:
A scaled up DC Collectible version is all I want. This really doesn't need to be overly complex in design. Slap a better paint job if needed but otherwise the design is all there already.

Again, I really don't understand why this version of the Batmobile needs some fan redesign when all the other versions got accurate reproductions. Pretty lame to view this as something that needs a realistic look because it comes from an animated show.

TT1cYnr.png

OVHmo0y.png

Correct. Its not rocket science. Either make it the way it is, or dont do it at all and move on to something else.

I don't have a horse in this race but he should stick to the source material - what's the point of doing the animated series Batmobile if you change it to look live action instead? The figures aren't done that way, are they? If the corresponding Batman figures look like the cartoon then the car also should.

Not that I don't see the appeal of the animated car made to look real-world - but that's for a more niche audience, no?

Yeah 5 ft is gonna be insane on this thing on top of costing more than the usual $1500, I just can't see too many people hopping in on it. Better to make the 97' Batmobile first, gives time for people and Joost to think on what they want to do with the Animated Batmobile if they still want to do it.

TT1cYnr.png

OVHmo0y.png
Agreed on that, it's far closer to a toy than any of the other iterations he's produced so far.

Also one of the best points, which will actually effect the "accuracy" is the cockpit, fitting 2 figures inside this narrow design means he was to widen it, this widening the entire car. I love spending money on this stuff, but there is a tier of collector with even deeper pockets then I. A 5ft model just doesn't have a place for me and it's going to take up a huge space in a house.

Put their resources into a batcopter or a Bike and sidecar from 66
The ‘66 Batcycle and sidecar is already in production.

I wonder if The Tumbler has been considered; I’m sure Joost could produce a much more accurate version than Hot Toys did, but would the interest be there?

When he said this could possibly cost more than the other live action batmobiles , that’s when I was 100% sure I was out. There is no way I could pay more for the animated series car than something like the 66 and 89. It’s not a purchase I can ever justify, personally. Give me the 97 instead and my batmobile collection is complete. I’m sure whatever he puts up will be impressive though

I would really like to see the cinematic vehicles keep going with the 97 Batmobile and then if you really wanted to get nuts maybe the Batski boat from Batman Returns. Another piece I would love to own from Batman Returns is when the Batmobile transformed into the Batmissle. That would be a fantastic setup.

I wish someone would do a cheaper 66 bike and sidecar. A non-diecast option would be a nice alternative. I’d love to have one, but the price puts a pit in my stomach.

I might not say no to the 89 Batcave computer and Armory but for some reason I've never had a notion that I need the Batmissile or the Batski boat. Just too obscure.

Back