Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched the video update, don’t really care for the “meow” idea. Would much prefer an expression similar to this
Kind of like the JND expression. For now it’s true neutral(robotic looking with painted eyes), a licking sculpt, and the meow head. Unless I’m missing something. I would even prefer to make this the “neutral head” so she’s not giving a 1000 yard stare lolView attachment 720444
I like the "Meow" head quite a bit . It's very dynamic and expressive, but and I would have preferred to trade that for the ridiculous licking headsculpt (does it still have the bird or did we lose that, too?).

Oh, completely absurd. We went from swappable mouth plates to a suggestion for moving eyes, too. The Facebook group was told the price of moving eyes would be slightly more expensive than three distinct headsculpts, which could make Catwoman more expressive. A poll is put up, and naturally most people vote for the three distinct headsculpts. No one was told before or with the poll that the three headsculpts would be static and that the swappable mouthplates idea would be scrapped. We only find that out later. Later still, we hear in an interview that to keep the price firmly at $300, the standard versions will only have one head sculpt (but, of course, no one in North America will actually even see the standard versions for $300, because Sideshow and Hot Toys are blocking Jazz Inc. from selling directly, so there will be a markup with retail parnters).
It's a mess..

$300 for the basic figure without movable eyes and only one expression from an unproven company is a total ripoff.

This is where I'm landing, as well. The original estimate given of $250-$300 sounded reasonable because I thought we'd be getting quite a bit for the money. I'm fine with no moveable eyes if there are extra sculpts, but $300 for 1 head that I don't get to choose and some hands is pushing the boundary of my willingness to pay up for plastic lol

I like the "Meow" head quite a bit . It's very dynamic and expressive, but and I would have preferred to trade that for the ridiculous licking headsculpt (does it still have the bird or did we lose that, too?).
I'm even okay with the meow head if they change the neutral sculpt to not be such a blank stare head. For me neutral heads are something that isn't overly expressive/animated. The current neutral head is true neutral. Like the lights are on but nobody is home
toy monkey GIF

There’s always the option of buying a clean standard and ultimate battle damaged or vice versa instead of getting 2 deluxe dioramas and two sculpts you might not need if you bought the two pack. Guess that’s all dependent on the discount he goes with.

Your dreams are already coming true!
Yup. But I can't see myself spending that on most Hot Toys anymore.

I don't see the value.

$350 for a mediocre figure that can be rendered obsolete overnight, vs something more definitive that I can call a one and done..

Very important in this current climate.

Joost said he's considering releasing the fully unmasked Michelle head sculpt as a future separate release.

Perhaps he will decide to offer _each_ of the six head sculpts separately as well, if the demand is there. Otherwise, we have the option to trade amongst ourselves to get different heads.

Let’s see how the pre-orders go. Joost may add one or two alternate head sculpts to his basic packages if he sees really big PO numbers coming in.

All of this doom-and-gloom talk isn’t going to persuade him of anything. You need to make reasoned arguments if you expect to change his mind.

If your arguments aren’t reasoned, you’re not likely intending to buy anyway. You’re just shouting into the void.

I, myself, cannot wait to get these figures in hand! I intend to buy _three_ of the deluxe double figure packs. I trust Joost to give us the best he can offer.

Wait a minute. Will this thing not have wrist articulation? That video shows what looks to be fully sculpted, interchangeable forearms/hands. One solid piece. Unless I'm mistaken.

They are both companies and Kit from Onesixthkit is also a very active member on this forum. Both are very reliable, but Spec takes longer to receive items. Kit is located in Hong Kong and SpecFiction is in California.

Spec is one of just a couple companies in the US that carries items from statue companies like JND and Queen Studios.
I'm not really sure how they get around non US license collectibles.
Thank you so much! This is immensely helpful. Super stocked for this figure!

Back