JND Studios: Superman (Christopher Reeve) 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lightened the images to better show the hair against the background. What a stunning piece!

Attachments

• 1-Lightened.jpeg
    1-Lightened.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 5-Lightened.jpeg
    5-Lightened.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 8-Lightened.jpg
    8-Lightened.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
  • JND-Superman screencap-gigapixel-low resolution v2-1.5x-faceai v1.jpg
    JND-Superman screencap-gigapixel-low resolution v2-1.5x-faceai v1.jpg
    854.7 KB · Views: 0
Here is a comparison. It looks close but not feeling it. I was considering to buy this after the new photos shown up but this is the situation when the statue features are there but somehow something is off. The craftmanship is beautifull but I think the empty expression killing the statue for me.

Attachments

• superman-christopher-reeve-new-york-1024x1024.jpg
    superman-christopher-reeve-new-york-1024x1024.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Here is a comparison. It looks close but not feeling it. I was considering to buy this after the new photos shown up but this is the situation when the statue features are there but somehow something is off. The craftmanship is beautifull but I think the empty expression killing the statue for me.
Be careful with comparisons like that. The focal length and lens type are completely different on those photos so it will never compare favourably. I did a similar comparison with a screencap from the video where the camera was further away and the proportions of everything match up much better. I will be amazed if anything better than this ever comes along.

I definitely see improvements compared to the photo shown in May.
I don't know...It's possible, but I'm still putting my money down on lighting, camera filters, and shadows. If you compare the pics on JND's site for the pre-order, you'll notice that all photos are more washed out/cooler toned compared to the new photos. It's easiest to see when you compare the suit colors.

I think the warmer colors bring more life and warmth into his face and reducing shadows help bring CR into focus better, combined with the better styled hair of the production piece.

In any case, it's brilliant so we can leave it at that :duff

Sure, it's a great digital sculpt but what I've found is that it's extremely rare to find an artist who can make a physical version of their digital sculpt look as good as what JND have done with theirs. The finish quality on the JND skin painting alone is better than I've seen on 1:1 life-size Silicone sculpts. We're all looking for perfection, but must also acknowledge the fact that it's almost impossible to get anything as perfect as we want, so I'll gladly go with an overall superb high quality piece like what is on offer here from JND. As marker2037 says, it's like comparing apples to oranges. There are some phenomenal digital sculpts of lots of characters, but if they remain in the computer, it doesn't really do anything for my collection display! LOL

Back