Justice League Movie (Nov 17th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I meant the mustard and ketchup fool :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know. Still worth it.

But the Nolan flicks weren't about showing superhero action. It was a plausible take on some rich guy training and taking on head crime runners in his city. Obviously stretching bits of reality here and there.
BB is fine because there's very little action. TDK and especially Rises gonna age badly, in terms of directin' and action they were gettin' worse with each film.

Can I have both? :lol

I like it the same way. :lol

But don't you see, TWS/CW raised the bar in the superhero action department, words that will never be said about BB/TDK. If anything that Batman trilogy had some poor fight scenes. slow motion really when compared to TWS/CW.

Now, no narrative in the MCU arsenal can touch the interrogation scene from TDK but the action in TWS/CW, even AOU, is the action equivalent of that intense interrogation scene.

But the Nolan flicks weren't about showing superhero action. It was a plausible take on some rich guy training and taking on head crime runners in his city. Obviously stretching bits of reality here and there.

Most definately, but pturtle was saying the action in them were the best things since sex with 2 18 year old cheerleaders.

Rises gonna age badly, in terms of directin' and action they were gettin' worse with each film.

This

Not with those old flip up cell phones everyone uses in the movie. :lol

:lol now that's just nit-picking. I've seen those phones still used today.

Eh people still use em. And like the archaic phones in The Matrix, I can cut em some slack.

:goodpost:

But the "superhero" action on display in TWS/CW absolutely crushes any action scenes from those 2 spectacular movies.

LMAO.

WRONG.

Here's a gif to prove it.

BLACKW1.gif

GO BUCKY GO! :horse :lol

In 5 years time, you'll go back to that airport scene and be dissapointed by the crap CGI (hell it's already pretty bad, I mean look at Iron Man in that scene. He looks 100% CGI, especially when Tony has the helmet off.

TDK action > CW Action

if you don't think that way you're getting dubble teamed by the Russo's.

The vehicle action in the TDK films will never be dated (save for a goofy bat-pod moment here or there) because they were real vehicles doing real stunts. Same reason that Mad Max chases are just as exciting today as they were decades ago.

I know. Still worth it.

:lol :lol :lol

I like it the same way. :lol

But don't you see, TWS/CW raised the bar in the superhero action department, words that will never be said about BB/TDK. If anything that Batman trilogy had some poor fight scenes. slow motion really when compared to TWS/CW.

Now, no narrative in the MCU arsenal can touch the interrogation scene from TDK but the action in TWS/CW, even AOU, is the action equivalent of that intense interrogation scene.

I think TWS had some really solid action scenes, certainly it's up there with the best action from superhero movies, but it also had a lot of problems too, it suffers a from a lot of the same problems Batman Begins did with the shaky cam action. I did love Cap chasing Bucky though.

Civil War I just don't see anything brilliant about that action. I don't even think it had the best action last year. Maybe it was ambitious showing off all those superheroes fighting but personally I thought Batman v Superman had better action. The Batmobile, Batfleck warehouse scene, Batman vs Superman, and the trinity vs Doomsday all were better scenes in my opinion. The big battle at the airport just doesn't have any thing within it that was that well done or memorable outside of Giantman. I also thought Civil War had some of the worst CGI I've seen in a long time.

I thought the Nolan flicks did a good job showing us what a grounded Batman would fight like, each movie in the trilogy had an iconic action scene, most of them were when he was in a vehicle though.

I think TWS had some really solid action scenes, certainly it's up there with the best action from superhero movies, but it also had a lot of problems too, it suffers a from a lot of the same problems Batman Begins did with the shaky cam action. I did love Cap chasing Bucky though.

Civil War I just don't see anything brilliant about that action. I don't even think it had the best action last year. Maybe it was ambitious showing off all those superheroes fighting but personally I thought Batman v Superman had better action. The Batmobile, Batfleck warehouse scene, Batman vs Superman, and the trinity vs Doomsday all were better scenes in my opinion. The big battle at the airport just doesn't have any thing within it that was that well done or memorable outside of Giantman. I also thought Civil War had some of the worst CGI I've seen in a long time.

I thought the Nolan flicks did a good job showing us what a grounded Batman would fight like, each movie in the trilogy had an iconic action scene, most of them were when he was in a vehicle though.

I agree with this, 100%. BvS had better action (as far as cinematography, stunts, realism, etc.) it may not be the best movie of 2016, but as far as CB action scenes go. It's up there with the best.

BB is the only one that has a cool vehicle chase (cool enough that it made me buy the HT Tumbler) TDK was just ok and TDKR was non existent.

But hand to hand fights, hell hand to shield, not even in the same universe.

Most definately, but pturtle was saying the action in them were the best things since sex with 2 18 year old cheerleaders.

Not true :lol

But I think the action in those movies are better than most superhero films.

BB is the only one that has a cool vehicle chase (cool enough that it made me buy the HT Tumbler) TDK was just ok and TDKR was non existent.

You don't like the scene where Joker is in the Slaughter truck? Dude, that's one hell of a scene. Especially with the time put into it. They made an entire 1/4 Highway instead of using CGI. Now that's dedication.

Russo's would been like "eh **** it, lets CGI it."

CGI isn't a verb, and shouldn't be treated as such! :lecture

The BvS warehouse scene was spectacular, TWS/CW worthy, I have always said that.

But like Evil said, Nolan bats wasn't really about that anyways.

But even the grounded fights were boring and hard to follow.

TDK action > CW Action

Well if you're going to single out two seconds of a Russo fight as a "worst case" example then that still absolutely crushes the worst of the Nolan movies:

3664402-138689442368.gif

I agree that the TDK Joker interrogation is probably the single greatest scene in any superhero movie ever though.

I always thought that "realistic Batman fights" would entail either a guy who inflicted the most damage in a short period of time or the least, depending on characterization. Lately, I've been leaning toward a more "justice" oriented Batman who would try to restrain the perp with the least force possible. Though, I have always wanted to see a Batman who would just throat punch a dude, kick him in the nuts, or any number of other pragmatic, violent methods.:lol

Well if you're going to single out two seconds of a Russo fight as a "worst case" example then that still absolutely crushes the worst of the Nolan movies:

3664402-138689442368.gif

I agree that the TDK Joker interrogation is probably the single greatest scene in any superhero movie ever though.

That's not from The Dark Knight. :lol

It's from The Dark Knight Rises

3664402-138689442368.gif

Definately agree about that interrogation scene and I view the intensity of the TWS/CW action being the equivalent of that interrogation scene.

BB is the only one that has a cool vehicle chase (cool enough that it made me buy the HT Tumbler)

My earliest memory of you on this forum was when I was ******ing about Hot Toys rereleasing the Tumbler and begrudging anyone else from being able to get it, I was basically being a bit of an A hole. Your response, whatever it was, pretty much pacified me on the issue - I was so taken aback at how well you took it versus how you really could or even should have taken it - and if memory serves you were one of the guys trying to get one, you didn't have the original release? You could have word-punched me in the face but instead you were, well, the jovial and non-antagonistic member you still are today. :duff

Back